Dear Abby, | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Dear Abby,

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by UroTrash, Sep 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    It appears Rachie is on the other computer upstairs as we speak.

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I will settle for a couple of pictures of that magnificent smile. :) Nice to make your acquaintance Rachel. The name suits your dashing looks!

3. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I know what your name is. But I also know you are married. ;)

4. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

mm hm, im sure

5. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Well I have made the best case I can. Your dad is a reasonable man. However, I don't know your mom, and it seems she is making the real decision here. Maybe you can have her read this thread and see what she things.

If you are careful on your driving and easy on the corners, you will be just as safe in the Miata as an Infinit QX56. Also you only live once, and the miata isn't a 500hp monster. Its a fun rwd car, that is very rewarding for an exceptional driver. I told your dad, if they don't let you have it, you will find others way to rebel, and then the Good Doc will regret his decision. Drive defensively, drive smart, and you will stay out of harms way.

If you drive half as good as you look, I would put money on you against M. Schumacher. :D

6. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    my moms a stuborn thing, not into me drivin that miata at all...in fact, im pretty sure she hates it..espicially those pop up head lights..she'd rather have a porsche, and me be drivin our volvo station wagon..:( the most embaressing car on earth, looks like a space shuttle..

true, that miata doesn't go very fast at all..its funny when im at a stoplight, and these boys pull up beside me in their jettas, then show off by goin real fast, cause they know my car cant do jack...

maybe my mom will give in, if im persistant enough..

and yes, im an EXCELLENT driver..but im not cocky..or at least too cocky..:p

7. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Cockiness (or arrogance/confidence) is a very attractive feature on a woman. Trust me ;)

Boys in Jetta=either gay or act gay. They are too metrosexual, and not real men. Don't pay attention to them.

All moms (parents in general) are super over protective. Why don't you take some extra driving classes (bondurant or other driving schools), and tell your mom that you have great skills, and the miata is the perfect car for you.

Yeah volvo station wagons aren't fun unless you drive the T5-R, with the mean dark wheels, 5 speed, super fast car. God that thing is a beast.

If she hates the pop up lights, you can switch those out, no biggie. I am sure your dad goes to the miata forums and knows about the fixed headlights.

BTW, does your dad know you changed the avatar picture? :D

*sorry if my post is jumbled, just picturing you with top down at a stoplight*

Top down of the car, not you!!

8. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    well im not even sure if changing the headlights would fix everything..i dont think she likes the fact its a $5k car, but i dont mind..im the one drivin it right, not her..

i have to BEG, for her to let me drive her in it, and most of the time she still doesnt let me drive it..

i think my dads gonna get me to go to that bmw school, and maybe going to some other classes like that will help change her mind..its only a 2 mile drive to school anyways..

oh well, if not a miata, then anything thats rwd, small, and 5 speed...works for me..

see, i can compromise..

9. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #59 UroTrash, Sep 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

A confident woman, that looks good, can drive well, and can compromise? Say it aint so! Perfection has graced us this fine morning. :D :eek:

If she doesn't like that is a "5K" car, then your mom is not thinking logically. Your sisters 2000 accord is worth maybe 8-9K now. How much better is that? You can buy a newer miata 2001-2002 model and they will be more than "5k," will your mom be happy then? If cheapness is the main issue, buy a one or two year old used miata.

Have fun at the driving school. Be safe, and keep smiling. :)

I would recommend looking at the 2000 bmw M roadster or M coupe. But your dad said that would be too much car at your highshcool.

If you like the miata, you will have orgasmic thoughts after driving the roadster/M coupe.

11. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.....

12. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Sorry Doc.

Bye Rachel. :(

13. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Ryan ur just jealous cause ive been chatting with hot babes online all day today.
    -Naplolean Dynamite

U get me ever time with my name, i will get u someday if its the first thing i do. :D

14. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Thats right, real pimps chat with chicks online. LMAO. :rolleyes: I am soooooooooooo jealous!

Doh! That maybe a sign that you should change it? :eek:

15. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Ryan - maybe a cold shower's in order? The Avatar's a little creepy (from a Dad with a daughter).

Could do a whole lot worst than a Miata - and it'll steer its way around a lot of problems Accords and Volvo's won't. Although I like the idea of a roll-bar/cage as well.

Only you can decide if the maturity is there for a light-weight and nimble car. But boy - I would of killed for a convertible when I was 16. Might even of cleaned up my room <grin>

16. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Tom,

Just a bit of lighthearted humor. :)

17. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    We have successfully de-creeped.

18. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    humour understood!

19. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    O man i liked the kitty with the apple on its head.

20. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I wasn't sure what was creepy. I thought maybe the cat with the headgear might have been some reference to something you young wippersnappers might know and I missed the joke and I put it up as an avatar and it was a filthy reference and my daughter was on the thread...oh forget it. I liked the cat too, and if its not the creepy thing, I will reuse it.

Well what WAS the creepy thing then?

21. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    no the cat wasnt the creepy thing, put it back!

22. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Cat in the hat is BACK!

23. ART360

ART360 Guest

Rachael:

Go to the prom with Ryan. Forget about the S2000 for now.

Art

24. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    sweet

25. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Post of the year nomination! Thank you Art.