Dealer Trade In Service | FerrariChat

Dealer Trade In Service

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by TroyNVie, Aug 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TroyNVie

TroyNVie Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    #1 TroyNVie, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    I am hoping someone can recommend/refer me to a dealer, preferably on Long Island or somewhat nearby, that they know of and/or have worked with personally to help me with the following: I like to buy and sell my cars privately, however, I would still like to be able to take advantage of the sales tax credit generated by "trading". Moreover, I would like to have the ability to hold my "sales tax savings" for a period of time between when I sell my current vehicle and purchase my next vehicle. Is there a dealer that anyone knows of that would perform this service (essentially process the sale of my car to a buyer that I find, hold the "sales tax credit", and process the purchase of the new vehicle that I find so that I can use the "sales tax credit" to offset the purchase price) for some type of modest fee without requiring me to buy/sell entirely through them? How long could I/the dealer "hold" the sales tax credit before I must purchase the new car?

2. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I think most dealerships will work with you. You’re in Long Island so you could go to Ferrari of Long Island (be careful). Preferably Algar Ferrari outside of Philadelphia is very reputable. Contact Tony Palmer there. He’s a consummate professional. Then there is Wide World Ferrari in Spring Valley NY. Gary Little will help if he can. Not sure how long they can “hold the sales tax credit” but Algar or Wide World should be able to help answer your questions.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the answer is no. the reason is the dealer wld need to warranty the car you are buying or so if u plan on buying the car away from them but through them its an issue.