Dealer in Riverside CA charging $10,000 premium to order 2020 Corvette | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dealer in Riverside CA charging $10,000 premium to order 2020 Corvette

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Jul 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I went to Criswell and had no issues getting a 2020 or 2021 if I wanted. That was last week.

What you notice from above is that only one if these dealers is from CA and most are East Coast. So, I assume the CA dealers split up the market between themselves because we all know there's a ton of Vette's in CA.

When they introduced the C7 Chevy said that only the top 400 Vette dealers in the USA would be allowed to even sell them. I don't know if that is the case this time but I'm sure allocation is based on past performance. Hence, its quite possible dealers in CA could be sold out pretty easily.

2. gearheaddroppings

Jul 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tom Veselenak
    You should have no trouble finding one at MSRP for a pre-order right now. Employee and supplier discounts will kick in at the end of 2020 on them I bet.

Kerbeck is at 45k for a brand new 1LT 2019 7-speed model and I can see that coming down even more by September for the leftovers which is quite a bargain IMHO.

thecarreaper and LARRYH like this.
  3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Any speculation on production, assuming production = sales?

Based on past history, looks like 36,000 units per year, or 3,000 units per month, or 100 units per day.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Never understood how MacMulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire is one of the top Corvette dealers in the country. They're 40 miles north of Boston in the sticks and frozen 4 months of the year.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    90% of these business is out of state.

They either do courtesy delivery from factory to local dealer, or if in stock unit they ship it. Simple.

No docs fees, best prices (in line with other top 3) and good service. It's a smart model.

They sell a ton to CA, so even shipping is still cheaper than 99% of CA stealerships.

LARRYH and energy88 like this.