DC to Reading | Page 6 | FerrariChat

DC to Reading

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by michael bayer, May 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Not trying to be mean, but there seems to be a trend here. I noticed you haven't even subscribed to F-Chat but want to be considered a part of it to get into an event as (Press).
    THis is one of the things that torques me so much. I happen to be a real professional photo-journalist who gets paid to shoot for a living and has done so for the last 25 years.. There is a huge trend for anyone with the money to anti-up for good equipment ($4000 camera) and some skill to think that the whole world is free reign. I'm sorry, but someone asking you to show up and shoot some stuff, does not constitute a professional on assignment. You have seriously mis-represented yourself and used the relationship you have with some people on this site to gain access to something you weren't entitled to be a part of in that capacity. You bring your exotic car or get Rob to give you a letter of assignment to shoot this event for some real reason and that would be fine, but saying you are assigned to cover it for F-Chat is fraudulent. This is a constant battle in the press from everyone that wants to have special access to something. My official capacity as a photojournalist at an event allows me access to areas that spectators are not allowed into and all the responsibilities that go along with that trust. Suppose that after saying you were there on assignment for F-Chat (which is what it sounds like you did, otherwise you wouldn't have even mentioned the name at the door) you were attempting to get that perfect angle of the 250 TDF and knocked down one of the barriers that was keeping people away from an almost priceless car. Had something happened and caused tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage to the car (very possible, by even dropping your camera on it) it would have been Rob's ass that would have been ultimately responsible because he supposedly sent you there.
    I see guys doing a lot of videos and putting them on youtube or trying to sell the DVD's ( I commend their hustle) but I don't think they realise the responsibility involved with asking someone to speed up and down the road in a very valuable car for a possible financial gain, or even to improve your portfolio. If something were to happen the shooters would be partially liable should an accident occur or some innocent kid get run over.
    I have seen many incidents of the guys taking video doing crazy (stupid IMHO) things to get "that perfect shot" like passing on the right side of the road and hanging themselves or their camera out the window. (not necessarily you, as I don't know you) I don't even think some people realise how easy it would be to get too close to a car on a concours field trying to get that cool wide angle sweep. I don't even want to know the price of a new paint job for putting a big chip or scratch on the hand pounded aluminum bodywork of a $10,000,000 GTO or a new ENZO. Even my lowly 308 would be very expensive. And trust me the owner isn't going to say "Oh don't worry about it. No problem"
    I am not making any comment about your ability to shoot video, only your lack of judgement lieing about your affiliation. Please remember you aren't working in the capacity of a true professional, until someone is willing to pay you to do it. In my opinion you need to take a look at your judgement before you will get to that level.
    I think you should take a look at this situation and do everything you can to make ammends for it with Pietro, and anyone else involved and not let it happen again.
    This is just my opinion coming from a working photojournalist with over 25 years of experience.

Sorry for the lecture, I'm not your Dad, but I think this does reflect badly on the F-Chat community.

Bob

2. Bsaint

Bsaint Karting

Oct 23, 2006
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Steve Nawrocki
    Well I apologize to Fchat.com and those who think I misrepresented myself. I don't think I did so at all I said I am on Fchat.com and going to get some footage and post it up. I'm sorry if I took my time out of the day to come to an event to get video and provide it to the community free of charge and now you are telling me I owe you...? I will scrap the footage and not post anything if that is the case, I have no problem with doing so. Sorry again.

And Bob, I am confused by this statement...

either you have me confused with someone else, or you were making a reference to something that could happen. I did not interfere at all with anything going on nor did I get in the way of anything of that nature.

And I don't see what "Financial gain" you are talking about, I sold a DVD last year that had nothing to do with Fchat. This event has nothing to do with a DVD nor making money, I was there to take some video and provide it for the community. (Taking my time and effort free of charge.) Also I have been paid for various commercials events exc. So I have thought about my judgment.

Steve N

I completely agree with you, I did not use the name of Fchat to " Crash " a party I mentioned that I was a member of Ferrari Chat and was going to get some media, I then spoke with a woman a little further up the road and asked her if I needed to pay anything exc. and she said it was alright. I guarantee you that I will not contribute any sort of meet coverage, video/media or anything of that nature to FerrariChat.com

Thanks again

Steve N

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Steve.

You still don't get it.

You crashed an FCA event. Used Rob's name to get in. Pretended to be a "journalist" on an "assignment" for FerrariChat.

You were none of those things.

You did it to either: save the $75, or just because you thought it would be fun to bluff your way in.

What you don't understand is, EVERYONE ELSE THERE PAID TO GET IN. Even the guys who were guarding the TDF and the ENZO were paid for. It supports the FCA, and two different charities.

This is not some neighborhood get together. It's an EVENT that members of the FCA pay to attend. We GLADLY pay. We support that organization and Pietro who puts TONS of effort into the day.

You bluffed your way past a guy who VOLUNTEERED his time to be there. I bet he paid too. I was asked to judge, but still paid to get in.

Sooo... are you startin' to get it yet? Fchat is not your personal ticket to Ferrari events. It's not your ticket to anything. And freeloading at these kinds of events will not do anything to forward your career or the reputation of your "brother" fchatters.

Frankly, if I had my way, I'd ban your ass right on out of here for abusing the privledge of this membership.

We'll live without your "free video". Somehow we'll get by. I also suspect that "footage" will somehow get saved. But, please, if not for your sake, for the benefit of those around you, don't use us to help you. I'm not interested.

Dave M.

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    On a brighter note---Pietro emailed me today and informed me I had won a Platinum for the 355!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I would like a cookie....:D

5. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    congrats!! Told ya you would win!

6. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Nice Robbie! Now go put some more miles on that thing :)

7. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    +1

Didn't the event not only require the $75.00 but also that you are a member of the FCA?

8. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    congrats Robbie!!! That is no small task on anything other than a brand new low mileage car. The older your car the more chance someone screwed up the originality. Fine to mess with the car if your going to express yourself but it wont win you a platinum baby!!!!! Jon in Delaware

9. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    ...I attended this event as my first concours. As a current non-owner (in the market for a 355) I was not quite sure what to expect.

The weather foreshadowed what was to come; for an hour and a half we drove through the spitting rain absolutely convinced that many cars may not be displayed--and certainly all the Spider/Spyder tops would be shut tight, preventing anything more than a glimspe of a leather seat. Maybe a few diehards would should up. Well, the heavens parted, the drizzle ended and sun took center stage.

Cresting the grassy hill catching an immediate vision of the tail section of a gleaming red Enzo was just the beginning. What's that? A yellow F50 just beyond? My, my, my. It just kept getting better. The array of fine Ferraris, several of which I saw in the flesh for the first time, was enough to let me know (a self-confessed tifosi) that this was no second-rate event.

But ironically the cars were not the best part. The friendliness, hospitality and general willingness of the participants to discuss all things Ferrari with others is what impressed me. No arrogance, just good people. Jeff talked to my wife and me at length about his "daily driver" 612 while showing us its trunk space. Then he casually compared it to his Superamerica. Gulp. "That's yours, too?" Dave, Robbie and many others engaged eagerly in pleasant Fcar talk and offered up anything I wanted to know about their cars.

I never saw or met Pietro but he puts on a hell of an event.

10. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Yes, I remember talking to you Kevin. Give me a shout when your ready to make that 355 purchase--I will help you any way I can!!! Robbie

11. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#136 dm_n_stuff, May 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ATTA GUY.

I bet that floor mat tip made the difference!!!

And, here's your cookie...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Pietro has, in the past, made some exceptions to that rule, but not to the $75.

13. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Congrats Robbie!!!!!!! He also emailed me today and confirmed I did receive a gold.

How about those awards, forget the cookie!!!!!!

Robert

14. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congrats Robbie.....Does this mean that you will drive your car now???

15. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    it's carbon fibre time!!!!

16. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    +1

17. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    is this bsaint the same crew that was driving crazy to get the video at the mason-dixon run last year? i remember these guys going on the shoulder around non-participants, weaving in and out of traffic on 95n. we don't need that crap at our events. we already drive crazy enough.

18. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    #143 wetpet, May 25, 2007
    sorry

19. Bsaint

Bsaint Karting

Oct 23, 2006
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Steve Nawrocki
    I passed someone on the shoulder, but was not the one weaving threw traffic. That was a 350z and even I told him to calm it down.

20. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#145 dm_n_stuff, May 27, 2007
    I have everyone's scores that asked except Robbie. Sorry dude, don't know when I'll get yours.

Joe, need a better email address, when I sent yours it bounced back to me.

And, Robbie, here's what the platinum will look like when it finally arrives. :D

DM

21. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    WOW----Beautiful Award!!!!

22. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#147 dm_n_stuff, May 27, 2007
  23. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    he's gonna kill you.... :D

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#149 dm_n_stuff, May 27, 2007
  25. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Anyone have a connection to talk to Pietro or Phil?? I have sent several emails to both in reference to how to go about getting my award from the Concours. Has been over 2 weeks. No reply from either.