DC to Reading | FerrariChat

DC to Reading

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by michael bayer, May 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Who is driving up for the Reading Concours that Sunday morning from DC?

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Not sure if I am going up Saturday evening or Sunday morning. Robert had talked about going up Saturday evening, but my kids have baseball games until around 8pm that evening. So if Robert doesn't want to wait that long to head up then I will be driving early Sunday morning. You have a meeting place in mind?

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

might want to meet up along the way with Jon and a few of the other guys. They're caravaning up from some central location in Del.

DM

4. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    ^We are all meeting Francis from Algar it the Landhope Farms at rt82 and rt926 in Unionville/ Kennet Square. There will be a 430, 599, several 330's, Bob's 308, our 550, and Jon's new Barchetta amongst others. You guys should meet us there. Meeting at 8 and leaving NO later than 8:30. If anyone has any additionaly questions, give Francis a call.

5. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    How far is that from the Concours?

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I am driving up the night before and staying in Harrisonburg, PA with a friend. How far is this meeting location from there??? Would be nice to meet up in the morning.

Robert

7. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    285 Ferrari The meeting location is an hour from Reading using a spirited backroad route.

E60M5.... Coming from Harrisburg is too far north to bother with this particular meeting place.

8. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yep. Hour and a half tops. Where can I get a black textless license plate frame? I heard we need one for the concours. Do I need the flashlight in the manual? I think everything else is ok.
    Joe

9. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i might be doing that too. pm me and we'll ride up together.

10. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    pep boys.....you should have all your tools and and owners packet available to inspect.

11. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Your joking, right?? A license plate frame?? I can not imagine it came from Italy with a license plate frame..

12. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    older cars did.... not sure if yours did. No it's not a joke. I was penalized for it the first time I showed my car... my license plate frame was full of chromey goodness.

13. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    WOW----Had no idea. I guess I will find out on the 20th if I needed one or not...

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Anything newer than a 308 did not come from the factory with a frame. If you have one on the car, take 'er off. It's a full point deduction, I think.

So 328 and newer, just hang the plate, take off the frame.

DM

15. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    No frame on mine anyway..

16. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Most judges rely on the factory parts book to settle all such questions, if the book shows one it must be present, the book also drives the points off for non listed additions such as owner added valve caps or shift lever knobs. M

17. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks! I need to get a flashlight for the books... what about the leather pouch for the key fob? Ours is naked.

18. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I checked the FCA official website for information on judging a concourse event and I don't remember seeing anything about license plate holders. This is not a problem for my 360, however, I would like to know if there is a accurate list of things judges will be looking to judge.

I am missing my flashlight, I asked FOW just for laugh how much one would cost, $85!!!!!! Yes, I know they don't set the price, just thought it was funny what Ferrari would charge! The recommendation was just get a mag light for $4.

Robert

19. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I spent a day with the concours judges for this event.

They're going to follow FCA guidelines, more or less. I know that doesn't help much. Mostly what they intend to do is be consistent throughout the classes.

The rules do state something about originality, and not having modifications to the car. Technically, a license plate holder, if the car left the factory without one, is a modification, just like a tubi exhaust or stick on SF shields on a Dino.

Look at the brochure the factory used for your car. That's how it left, that's what the judges are gonna look for.

A 3M film on the front of the car is a deduction. Headlights that don't work is a deduction. Not having the manuals will cost you.

There's lots more, but this is more of a fun event than a hardcore scoring event. So bring what ya' got and show it, you won't get your asses kicked real bad by the judges, I promise.

DM

20. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I don't think the judges are gonna get that into it. Fobs and the like are not deductions. They are however, tie breakers. Not gonna lose anything if you don't have the fob wrapper and the like.

DM

21. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Does anyone know how important it is to have the car detailed to its best? I know certain car concours like Pebble Beach, overall presence such as a properly polished vehicle is important.

22. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Dave.

23. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Dave, My car came with Matching Luggage.If I display it does it help or does it not matter.(Rather not haul it along if it doesnt matter) Jon

24. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Judging by what others have said... if it was delivered with luggage, I'd say bring the luggage. Although considering the headlights and exhaust won't be switched for this show (right?), I don't think you've got to worry much about the details.

And change your profile!

-Joe

25. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    FCA judging is all about how close the car is to "as built" in the details. Guys loose more points under the hood than on paint and rims. The books, tools and the paper bits also matter. Find the high scoring cars (there will be a green 308 and Buddys silver 330 that are killer correct) and decide what of them you would like for yours (and can afford!). If you like your car with horsey things on the valve stem covers and the sounds of your Tubi exhaust, then its more than worth the deductions. I painted my 365GTC4's front bumper, an automatic deduction, but I LIKE IT THAT WAY and the judges are absolutely correct to dock me points. Reading is a gathering of great cars and great owners who swap insights on how to get their cars better, faster, brighter. With that as your goal, it won't make you crazy!