Daytona's for sale? | FerrariChat

Daytona's for sale?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by ccr2002, Jan 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ccr2002

ccr2002 Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Anyone with leads on a clean straight daytona? Don't want a show car...but maybe the potential to be without spending a fortune...mostly want to drive and enjoy for a long time.
    thanks

2. Telerding

Telerding Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    Santa Maria/CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Elerding
    There is a nice looking (in pictures) Daytona on ebay being auctioned by Silicon Valley Auto Group in Los Gatos, CA. It is red/black with about 12K miles.

Current bid is $193K. You could probably have it for $225K or so. (oops, Ferraribuy below says price is $280K). Note that toolkit is not correct in the pictures on the web site.

If you want one, better get it now, as prices have been going up. Or you could wait until the next crash in exotic/vintage car prices and get one for less!

Check www.ferraribuy.com for two Daytonas for sale currently in the US. The other one is $200K

Of course, Ferrari Market letter is also a good resource for cars for sale.

Good luck. You will love the car. Be sure and get a THOROUGH pre-purchase inspection before buying. Don't fall in love with the car before knowing what you are getting!!

I also know of one other Daytona, not yet for sale, here locally. It has a LOT of miles, but could be had for a LOT less. Red/black, euro, runs strong, cosmetics??? Friend/mechanic has owned it for 27 years.

Tom Elerding
    '72 Daytona s/n 16333

3. John1789

John1789 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Call Brandon Lawrence, Burlingame , CA 1-650-558-8255
    He mentioned he might have an immaculate, correct books, tools, borranis, significant ownership coupe with 30k miles. All smog equip. etc.

Good luck!

4. vintageracer27

vintageracer27 Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Middletown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian
    1971 Daytona coupe offered by RPM in Vermont at $205K.
    check www.rpmvt.com

5. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Anyone familiar with this particular car? Specifically, are the rear fender flairs factory original to that specific Daytona? Is the color original? I know that the car was displayed at the NYC Concours d'Elegance in Central Park this summer. Looks like a super nice car.

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I called RPM last Sept on a 330 GTS they had serviced and was offered this car as it had just arrived, but it wasn't the model I was seeking. I was told it was modified by the previous owner for hillclimbing.

Seems to be very similar to one that I saw at BlackHorse Motors in LA early last year, priced in the low 130's but needing work.

7. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
  8. glh

glh Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2005
    Burlington VT
    Full Name:
    G.L.
    http://www.rpmvt.com/ForSale2.html

9. Kevan

Kevan Rookie

May 16, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevan
    If you are still looking, I found this today when I was wondering around. Have not seen it. Don't know anything about it except what is listed below. I have no connection with RM other than going to the web site. You may have to wait until later next week I understand that there is some kind of car thing happening in AZ, or so I am told.

Kevan

RM Auctions, Inc.
    1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Coupe

US Retail: $215,000
    Serial Number: 14085

Please contact Mike Fairbairn at 519.352.4575 or [email protected] for information.

Contact Information:
    RM Auctions Inc.
    Telephone: 800-211-4371
    Fax: 519-351-1337

10. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004