daytona spyder conversion on ebay ends 6-1 | FerrariChat

daytona spyder conversion on ebay ends 6-1

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by bighitter2, May 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    anybody familiar with the spyder conversion on ebay? says it is a euro car but has side lites on rear qtrs? 7 1/2 days left on auction and already at $150k looks like a number of add ons under the hood..anybody??

2. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Well, given that as far as I know and if memory serves as per Bill B.'s comprehensive article for Forza on conversions, Scaglietti never did any coupe to convertible conversions other than the 122 or so factory cars.

So, the ebay add is at best false in that regard at least. Who really did the conversion?

Steering wheel is incorrect. Dash cover materials are not correct. Ignition upgraded to MSD units in place of dinoplex. Also, this car sure looks US spec to me. My Euro model does not have the dinoplex mounting pedastals that the MSD units are mounted on. The fuse box and cover also appear to be as per a US spec car. The car is missing some of the engine bay heat shielding fiberglass and aluminum pieces.

With tan seats and doors the center console should also be tan.

It does look pretty good though overall. The photos dont show details on the conversion however so no way to tell if it was really done correctly.

I wonder whats wrong with the suspension? You would think he would at least give some details.

Terry

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It's a European car...

4. billb

billb Formula Junior
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 4, 2001
    Shorewood, IL
    Full Name:
    Bill Badurski
    This car has no chassis mods. Look at the width of the vertical brace in the center of the front inner wheel well. Rear side marker lights too high on quarters. Odd looking right hand outside rear view mirror. Headrest inserts should be tan, not black. Back deck profile way too flat, no arch at corners.