Daytona Prices: My God!!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Daytona Prices: My God!!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by ag512bbi, Aug 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    the value of a daytona is arrived at the same way any other value is given to any other car. If a willing seller and a willing buyer agree on a price then that is what the car is worth. Daytona are undervalued, I know one in the late eighteees that sold for over 500,000 and someone offered me 450,000 for one of mine. But if you dont want to sell your car, then it is worth millions to you, because it is not for sale.

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I always thought that if you don't sell, it's not worth anything?

3. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    It will be interesting to see how much the black Daytona being auctioned (RM) will bring? It looks nice and has an estimate of 150-200k. Does anyone know the results of this auction?

4. sjvalin

sjvalin Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2004
    Nevada County, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Valin
    Larry Alderson (Family Classic Cars) had a fairly average looking Daytona at Concorso parked next to mine. His asking price is $225K. This is almost $100K more than what I paid for mine 10 months ago. Crazy.

-steve

5. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Keep on eye on this
    http://www.rmauctions.com/

6. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I saw that the Silicon Valley Auto Group Daytona Spyder is listed as "Sale Pending" on their website. ...it has been so for about a week pre-Monterey. A salesman told me they were asking $695k.

7. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    An average cond Daytona sold Sat night at RM Auction for approx $188K. With commission added, that's close to $200k.

8. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Was that def the hammer price and not the overall sale price?

And do sellers also pay commission in the US as here in the UK?

Ultimately appreciation is the difference between what you paid and what you sell for. And here in the UK, if buying and selling at auction (or even through dealers), you're looking at them going up nearly 18% to come out of the deal flat...

9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The price on that one has been all over. When I first saw it at SVAG in mid-June it was quoted to me at $645K. I later saw it listed in an ad in mid-July for something like $715K, maybe higher.

It did look to be in well-maintained shape, but I didn't like the color combo (not that I was interested in buying).

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Major auctions list the realized prices with the juice added in so it is the total of bid plus fees.