dashboard removal | FerrariChat

dashboard removal

Discussion in '612/599' started by Melox2, Jun 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    Hi , As anyone got any Knowledge or instructions of how to remove the dashboard on a 612 , and how difficult it is ? got a bit of leather shrinkage just creeping up from the vents but i think the vents are screwed from underneath .

Thanks

2. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
  3. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    It takes a lot of time and attention. No specific advice for you because this work was done by a friend who has since retired.

4. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    wow so many parts to it although you removed the complete interior ,looks daunting but the pictures help to see how parts look separated

thank you

m5shiv likes this.
  5. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    You have to pick your battles on what you are going to do yourself or have a professional do it. This is one of those ones where I would leave it to a professional. I had mine replaced a few years ago and I think the cost was around $5K.

6. Jonny English

Jonny English Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    all that just to retrim a dashboard! surely there is a shortcut method

7. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    #7 m5shiv, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    In this case, the rear seats and the roof trim was removed to fix the sagging quilted leather headliner, so it looks way more intense than just the dash. However, I am not aware of any shortcuts to remove the dash entirely. We also removed the driver's door panel to fix a persistent rattle. The reassembly was also quite tricky because there are compression marks on the pieces based on their factory alignment and the newer leather on the dash was a little thicker and the exact headliner alignment was also very tricky. Will have to do the dash on the 550 next.

8. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    mines only just started to creep out about 5mm from the vent and only a 25mm section at the moment and its just half covered the light sensor so its not that bad , if the the vents were just clipped in i think it could be possible to get it back but i think there screwed from the underneath ,

9. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    They are screwed in from the underneath