Darker, Metallic Rosso Colors | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Darker, Metallic Rosso Colors

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ghost, Jan 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Whoops:
    ey Tom, I missed your posts. We are well here I hope you and your family are as well.

Happy holidays!

tomc likes this.
  2. Georgieynwa

Georgieynwa Rookie

Sep 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    George madi
    The fuoco looks stunning.I’m buying the Roma, and I’m debating between the Rosso fuoco and rosso portofino .I’m leaning more towards the fuoco. What do you think?

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They are all nice, just keep in mind that Fuoco can be VERY orange at times. Not sure I think it's the right colour for a GT with somewhat soft feminine lines.

Perhaps look into Rosso Magma. It's equally vibrant and popping, but less orange. There's a reason why it works so damn well on Maseratis with their beautiful lines.

4. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    rob5819 and Dijit like this.
  5. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Yes indeed, under natural lighting Fuoco highlights are very orange, whereas the lowlights are almost burgundy.

Guess I liked it, but would not have it again.

6. FlyF8

FlyF8 Rookie

Mar 4, 2021
  7. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Agreed about Fuoco. Have it on my Pista, and kind of wish I had gone for Magma, which I didn't because it was a Maserarti color. It wasn't as well known at the time, and I wanted to stick with a Ferrari original. As far as a GT car, I am smitten over Rosso Maranello. It's a perfect red to me. I am considering speccing my GTS in it as well.

8. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's the same color as the Ferrari Sergio- very few made. I have a pic of that car and its sister version, the Pista Spider. Same owner.

9. tickerhound

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    jm2, xBox, blkdiablo33 and 2 others like this.
  10. tickerhound

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    jm2 and Lagunae92 like this.
  11. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I wonder what it is like in real life, compared tot he other triple layer reds.

12. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Fuocco is my all time favorite…. Just looks so much better in person that photos!!

May the Horse be with you

13. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
  14. Georgieynwa

Georgieynwa Rookie

Sep 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    George madi
    Thanks , but I’m still enamored with the fuoco. I saw it yesterday at the dealer and saw it under the sun, and it looked unique.I guess it’s always a personal preference

15. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Fuoco best Ferrari colour bar none IMO

16. Georgieynwa

Georgieynwa Rookie

Sep 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    George madi
    Beautiful rosso! Which rosso is this?

17. Georgieynwa

Georgieynwa Rookie

Sep 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    George madi
  18. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    It looks great in the sun. Honestly; If I were to do a Roma, I’d do Maranello. It’s more of a pure red with no orange to it, and has a very smooth saturation. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Solid State likes this.
  19. Georgieynwa

Georgieynwa Rookie

Sep 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    George madi
    Indeed it’s beautiful! Thanks

20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If you want a red that is a bit more unique and in the same realm as Coburn, have a look at Rosso Libano. A bit like Coburn but a bit more cherry. Ask your dealer for a sample.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Does anyone know the price of Rosso Coburn? Same as Triplo Strato Giallo? Less? More?
    And how about Rosso Fuoco?

22. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    It was 32K on a F8.

jm2 likes this.
  23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Thank you, that's what I was afraid of.
    The Triplo Strato on my F8 I thought was the max they charged for the special 3 coat paints.

24. Georgieynwa

Georgieynwa Rookie

Sep 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    George madi
    Thanks. Saw it but it’s a bit too dark. What I’m looking for is a deep red metallic . I initially loved the fuoco but I’m now a bit put off with the orange flakes that might look less elegant in a Roma. I liked the maranello and portofino, and I’m not sure about the magma and coburn. It’s so damn confusing . Do you know which colour is the attached? This is the kind of colour I’m looking for. Thanks

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jm2 likes this.
  25. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    It’s so hard to say from pics. I have seen Maranello, Fuoco, Portofino, Coburn, Magma, and Fiorano in person. Coburn is saw in the Monterey cloud cover. It was nice, but not seeing it in the sun I didn’t capture the whole magnitude of what it can do. Fuoco would look great on the car, don’t get me wrong. Especially is you were going for a more “sporty” spec for the Roma. It’s a classic Ferrari 3-layer. I ordered Maranello without ever seeing it. My dealer was kind enough to make a swatch of it at their repair shop, and I took a gamble. It’s a color I will always compare others to, and may order again. Magma is similar, just a little brighter I’d say. I have seen it on Maseratis. I saw a Fiorano in the shop at my dealer, and it looked so brown that I had no second thoughts about not using it.

I will say Maranello looks dull, almost like Rosso Mugello, when the car is not getting hit with light. When it does, it’s life changing. It makes you work to see it at full strength, but I like that. It’s almost like a flame treatment or something that shows highlights. Portofino was a good color as well, but to me, not as special as RM (thought I think it is cheaper).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Georgieynwa likes this.