Daniel Ricciardo has signed with Renault for 2019 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Daniel Ricciardo has signed with Renault for 2019

Discussion in 'F1' started by nerofer, Aug 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He is not MS nor does he have any Ferrari titles. He was very much part of last year's failure along with the car. He is no MS at all. He's a good F1 driver but appears to have issues with pressure it seems. How long does a team wait and how many chances do you give. They have the best car its being said and we still lose. I have no issues if he wins this year. if he doesnt and its not due to the car then more focus will be placed on him I would think. Quite normal as well.

458John and Jakuzzi like this.
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Are you referring to Hockenheim as a tiny mistake?

If so, your comment is ridiculous. That was one of the biggest and unforgivable blunders of the season if not the decade. That was throwing away the championship for absolute no reason. As I said, Enzo would have sacked him.

458John likes this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Look at the speed he's doing. Or rather, lack of it. First at the scene on a freshly rained over track. Leaking Williams that left fluids (as photographers have said, not an excuse or even a mention by Vettel). Yeah I think this is a rather small mistake. If he had been pushing, absolutely it would've been a huge mistake and entirely on his own.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari only have had the fastest car on a few occasions...I really don't think anyone (in his right mind) would say that Ferrari have had the fastest car all season. From Austria onwards, the Ferrari has been the fastest car in the race at least. Could've won Austria but the FIA's bias gave us a penalty. We won Silverstone. Would've won Germany if it wasn't for extremely poorly planned rain. Hungary should've been a walk over but the rain ruined it all on Saturday. Nigh on impossible to overtake so can't do much there.

If it wasn't for the biased penalty and the rain in Hungary, we'd be a few points behind only. If we win Belgium and Monza, we're right in it again.

Jeronimo GTO, NEP, stavura and 4 others like this.
  5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Yeah that was just pathetic for a supposed Ferrari lead driver. He handed the championship to Hamilton with a Lance Stroll-esque move.

We've had the best car all year and thanks to Seb's endless brain farts we're way behind in the WDC. Unacceptable. I'm not sure I have ever been more pissed off at one of our drivers than after that race.

458John likes this.
  6. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Huh?

Jerez 1997 - Villeneueve was probably going to get past anyway. MSC was up against a car much faster than his all year
    Spa 1998 - Way worse conditions than anything Vettel had to deal with. F1 doesn't even race when the weather is like this anymore
    Great Britain 1999 - The Tifosi should be bad at MSC for his brakes failing and him breaking his leg?
    Austria 2002 - MSC didn't make that call, why would the Tifosi be mad?
    Imola 2005 - Drags an crap car to a near victory in a classic race. Barely loses out to Alonso who is one of the greatest ever. The Tifosi were supposed to be mad?
    Monaco 2006- Yeah that was a dumb move but he came back to 5th in the race so it didn't cost him all that much really

daytona355, Jakuzzi and freshmeat like this.
  7. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    BMWairhead likes this.
  8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Renault's Abiteboul told Ricci not to expect much from next season. Renault thinks they might have a winning car at the earliest in 2020.

LOL

9. DF1

Better that than listening to Helmut or Horner blabbing about.

william and BMWairhead like this.
  10. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/daniel-ricciardo-addresses-his-shock-move-from-red-bull-to-renault/news-story/25f065a8204ebffec7469406e9ac651a

I see Horner is still a ****

Him and his Eurotrash can just **** right off, Dan has trashed Crastappen each year and those tossers still favour him, well **** them and the horse they rode in on

Max, fast but stupid, Dan, fast and a great RACER !!

As an Aussie I didn't rate Webber, great qualifier but blew too many starts and ****ed up being nice to the tossers like Horner and Mako shark

Dan is the real deal and shouldn't play second fiddle to a pretender who would be dead in any past era of F1 , where the safety standards aren't as good as they are now,with the stupid antics he has pulled

Horner is an arse and Dan will show him up for what he and that BS rbr team, just a pack of arseholes ...................

Gee, I'll be bad when I finish drinking tonight :D

Please god keep me out of the F1 section :D:D:D:D:D

11. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Tell us what you really think :D

12. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I think that the Red Bull team was great up to now because the addition of the two drivers; kind of "the total being greater than the sum of the parts", if you want. I'm no fan of Max Verstappen, but he is indeed fast and have kept Daniel on its toes.
    Now that Daniel has left, to my opinion (and this is just an opinion...) there is a big chunk missing in the Red Bull team; it will be interesting to see how Max V. will cope with his increasing role next year.
    To me, Daniel is "the real deal" indeed and they should have gone up to the impossible to keep him. A great loss to the team, whatever they might say.

Rgds

jmillard308, moretti and william like this.
  13. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Max will have to take the leadership role in the team, but I don't think he is capable of doing it.

jmillard308, moretti and william like this.
  14. DF1

Utterly entertaining post LOL> Better than half the 'races' we have :). Please add more to this lecture....im taking notes lol :)

moretti likes this.
  15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I doubt he will be capable of it, but perhaps I shall be proven wrong; it has already happened quite a number of times...

Rgds

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Nahh keep coming Moretti, we love you here mate!! yesterday my 3 year old son wanted to take a racoon with him to the sower...i imediatly thought about you!!

moretti likes this.
  17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I was just repeating what you told me:oops:

jmillard308 likes this.
  18. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I couldn't tell anyone here anything they don't already know:)

19. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You cheeky boy

I've only ever taken people of the female persuasion into a shower with me but after the week I've had with women I think a racoon is safer :p

20. DF1

True - 'We' know it all here
    :) :)

21. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Horner is quite the **** isn't he...him and marko are the epitome of chaos imho.

22. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    How is it getting old if its still happening? What has Max done that Dan hasn't, other than lose to him year after year....

and what does Vettel have to do with this? I've never been a fan of Vettel.

23. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Daniel at this point will be a test mule for Redbull and Renault.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    "at this point" being the next couple of years...

Watch Ricci doing the moonwalk going backwards in his career.

25. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Someone mark me, Renault will be a contender very soon. They have all the right things in motion and their aero concepts are the best on the grid sans perhaps Red Bull.

moretti and william like this.