Danica: Winner or whiner? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Danica: Winner or whiner?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Senna3xWC, Jul 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    yes it actually does! if you play on the top 50 level in pro tennis you may not win a turnament but still be better than thousand of other pro players. Sustaining that level for years at a time makes you a great player.

Driving like Danica means you are top material. With hundreds of thousands of racers in the country alone she is on the top 50 level.
    Get there and we'll talk.

Being a girl did not help Sarah Fisher. She was good but really not good enough for Indy. Danica finishes in the top 10 all the time. Do that consistantly for three years and yes, you should by all means be considered a "great pro" driver!

To top that off:
    Indy features drivers from all over the world. Kanan, Franchitti etc. None are "American" and as such she should be considered one of the top 10 US drivers.

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Milka has absolutely no chance of finishing on a podium. She has not been anywhere near a 7th or 9th position in a drivers championship in pro-racing. Its a good day when she does not crash the car and limps in somewhere in the back of the field. (and the car is fast and strong).

3. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Danica NEVER won a Atlantic race. The last time she won was in gokarts. She came in second at the formula ford festival, that's when she really got noticed but Bobby Rahal.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Well, rankings don't go into the thousands and the rankings are based on points won, not like a subjective thing where you're said to be better than everyone below you. ;)

Anna didn't play in many WTA tour tournaments. Out of 90 over a span of 9 years that she participated, she only played in 43. Less than half. She played in almost 25 Grand Slam tournaments where she of course never won. The fact she didn't win could be attributed to the fact she didn't play in as many tournaments as some of her opponents.

Most people in the top 50 have won at least one small tournament other than the four Grand Slams. She got up to a #8 ranking in the world with zero tournament wins. That's really unheard of. Check out the current ranked players on the WTA tour. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_Tennis_Association

I stopped at #20 and everyone had at least one career title (ITF and/or WTA). Anna's lack of wins, especially when ranked #8, shows she an exception. Just like Danica imo.

Edit: I just went through all 50 and I could only find two that haven't won a title. 18 year old Agnieszka Radwańska of Poland. 27 year old Francesca Schiavone of Italy.

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Absolutely correct Luis. I was glad to see Scott Dixon win again today.

Carol

6. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Indy cars perhaps, all series, overall US drivers not top ten.

Carol

7. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #82 yzee, Jul 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

There in lies the problem many have with her. She hasn't won in ANYTHING since go karts and still got to where she is. A male driver with her resume would probably be lucky to still be in the IRL. She's got some talent but who do you know of goes winless for two years and then goes on to get a better seat in any racing series. It's good for racing that she puts the meat in the seats and is a pretty face, but that's pretty much all she is.

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Fixed. :) Rather remarkable she's paid to be a driver instead of the other way around given her resume. Oh wait, sponsors. Forgot about them. :) The power of money.

10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    When she cut down Dave Despain ( Wind Tunnel ) while he was trying to help her out in an interveiw, she went into my " next ! " file.

11. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I stand corrected, thank you....:)

Looks like she did quite well today though, i thought she'd finish lower. Well done. 5th isn't too shabby.

12. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Is anyone on here old enough to remember Janet Guthrie, and how far BACK she set women in racing with her comments ?

13. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    She sure has a pissed off look in the photos - must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed.

She certainly had a terrific start for AGR - nothing like taking out your teammates.

Into the first turn of the race, Patrick slid a little wide, Kanaan hitting her right rear tyre, sending her off track, while Kanaan spun to the inside of the track.

Unfortunately, inside Kanaan was another Andretti-Green car in the shape of Marco Andretti, who tripped over Kanaan's suspension and ended up upside-down again, and out of the race only seconds after it had begun. Andretti was unharmed in the incident.

Carol

14. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    In the post race radio interview she blamed Helio, for bringing the field too fast to the starting line, thus running too fast into turn 1 for a full load and colds.

15. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    always someone else's fault

16. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Lol, i did see that. I'm trying not to be so hard on her, Carol, you're screwing it up....:D

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow...what a piece of crap she is. :mad:

18. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    This is why I tend to dislike her. Katherine Legge on the other hand is all class outside of the car. Danica has an attitude problem.

19. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Hey Luis - The photos in post 82 certainly convey that of an attitude problem, don't they? Don't they say that faces like that often stay like that?

Carol

20. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    I can't STAND that she is the "face" of the series.

Sportscenter now has a column on the right side of the screen showing what's about to come next. For the Mid-Ohio highlights, the caption was "Danica's near win?", or something similar. WHYYYYYYY?!?! She wasn't even in the top 3! Her only highlight was the bump in turn 1!

Garbage.

21. TheSaint111

TheSaint111 Karting

Mar 29, 2005
    That's a good thing I guess, M.Schumacher made that too, ALWAYS!!!

22. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    one slight difference: schumacher is a multiple champions/winners while danica is a multiple whiners/non-winners. :D

23. Ronbo

Ronbo Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Morris County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ron
    That's really what it comes down to, isn't it? It seems to me that her very situation - attractive woman brought up a bit too early - has given her a most unattractive chip on her shoulder. It's not at all uncommon among rookies, especially those who have advanced more rapidly than their talent or record would seem to justify. Indeed, it's only the most talented - I'm thinking of Tiger Woods and Lewis Hamilton - who have their heads in the right place from the get-go. Danica's certainly talented and she's bound to win eventually, perhaps even consistently, but she isn't a rookie anymore and she needs to stop with the prima donna nonsense if she wants to have a career.

24. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I think you hit the nail right on the head. Her attitude and a false sense of entitlement she seems to have, make it hard for me to do anything other than root against her. She seems to feel that she has every right to be where she is regardless of her record.

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Nice job by Danica...spins herself out when exiting pit lane. That caused a flat spot on one of her tires. Then she goes around the track to re-pit and doesn't go slow when she should because of the flat spot. Causes the tire to blow and she crashes into the wall just next to a Honda officiating car on the track. lol It was funny seeing her husband, father, and sister all have a "wtf" look on their faces. Then seeing her father in a golf cart with chrome rims speeding to the scene was priceless...