Danica Patrick out of NASCAR | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Danica Patrick out of NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GuyIncognito, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    She has started a fitness clothing line which she has been hawking hard on QVC/HSN. I think that is her next move since even she probably sees the writing on the wall with regards to her racing career being about over.

2. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    We can only hope. I've no idea how her Warrior line does on HSN - I've never seen the network or her stuff. I do notice a huge gap between her Twitter followers - 1.85 million for her racing account but only 1500 for the clothing line.

3. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce Rookie

Aug 28, 2017
    That is reserved for the 0846 thread

4. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006

There may actually be some truth to that; compare Joey Logano's performance at Penske to his performance at JGR. The #20 car simply wasn't able to function when Joey replaced Tony; yet when Joey went to Penske he was out winning cup races.

There is some truth to this.

She doesn't like crowds, fears their expectations. This in turn also effects TV appearances(invisible crowd).

Those are both major parts of being a good sponsor-able NASCAR driver.

She's more the get alone with just one or a few person type. She can smile away from the gawking crowds. DreamCarrera's story took place without gawking crowds.

I do not really like what her presence in NASCAR represented; exploitation of being female for profit. They ran that hard in the media.

She has gotten results better drivers have not gotten from the opportunity of maximized horsepower and good aerodynamic car bodies.Setup is part engineering team, part driver. She lacks the personality to work with all the different people involved together.

As for her looks, her hair is fantastic. That counts for a lot of the equation for me. If she wants to be at the track even without being a driver she still can. She hasn't had a problem finding another RV to sleep in than her own...

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Read somewhere the other day that Danica may well end up at Roush-Fenway.

In this mode, she stays with a Ford team and there are some commercial ties that fall into place, all this.

BHW

7. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    That would work out well considering the driver she is publicly in a relationship with.

8. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    As recently as a week ago she was saying that she had good people around her working on finding a deal but she didn't look thrilled to be hearing the question nor did she mention ANY specifics about teams or sponsorships. Steve Newmark of Roush Fenway said they don't have an open spot for Danica.

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    No doubt there are a lot of people around Danica as well as NASCAR hierarchy re-doubling their efforts
    to try and keep her in the game.

If NASCAR itself has to pay a team to keep her in, they'll do it...

BHW

10. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I honestly don't think there's any incentive for NASCAR to fight to keep her. they already got all the free publicity for having a female driver. they've moved on to Bubba Wallace for the next minority angle, except he can actually win a race.

11. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I thought about that but I think that ship has sailed.

12. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Wallace has gained a lot of experience, he used to be Mr. Crash. I haven't watched enough lately to know if he still is prone to piling in when there is a slow down in front.

13. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Really quite surprising given all that NASCAR has invested in her (gifting the Daytona 500 pole
    position, etc.) but perhaps the sentiments here are correct that she's worn out her welcome.

Somebody in Daytonner just couldn't make the numbers work evidently.

Now the question is, who's team will she be with at Daytonner and Indy?

It reminds me of a friend of mine who as a racer and promised to bring me along when
    I was a kid. The first lesson was "Racing is not a means to an end". So, you take that to
    mean racing opens doors to other things down the road and hopefully Danica was also
    taught this lesson at an early age as certainly there are other things in her life that will
    take her into the future. All the best to her.

BHW

14. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    apparently she's in talks with Ganassi

15. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Makes sense, he's in NASCAR and Indy Cars.

BHW

16. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Well there are only 2 teams in both Indy and IMSA and Penske probably has more sense and certainly doesn't need her check. On the Indy front Mikey has never turned away a check or as one wag put it "never met a check he didn't like".

GuyIncognito likes this.
  17. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Arrrgh. I wrote "Nascar and IMSA" changed it to Indy and IMSA and the whole time what I meant to say was NASCAR and Indy. Grrr. Hate it when that happens.

18. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Ahhhhhh......Princess Sparkle Pony now returns to crapwagon. I can see the souvenir trailers now. Lots of mindless crap that say 'Danica is Back". One more flush of the pockets of those willing to watch the same old stuff. Come and get them while they are hot. Soon to be collectibles!!!!

19. Why the assumption that it has to be one team in both? :confused:

Heck, assuming that's so, she could do Le Mans with Ganassi too. She did sooooo well at Sebring. :rolleyes:

No hate towards anyone (a waste of energy); 'just would rather see no team in either. She should focus on those "other things".... :)

20. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Maybe she can take one of the Waltrip brothers spot on whatever network they're on.

She definitely can't be any more annoying than Mikey.

BHW

21. I guess not. No less though, either..."You know? You know?"

I'd prefer those "other things in her life that will take her into the future" be outside of racing pretty please. :)

22. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Oh, I don't know... bet she could if she tried. She's pretty annoying.

23. If I didn't see and hear it just now with my own eyes and ears I'd think someone was just hateful and making it up.

"I just want to be known as a great driver".

HUH???

And I thought (think) Obama was (is) a narcissist.... :sighingandshakingheadindisbelief: