Danica Patrick out of NASCAR | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Danica Patrick out of NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GuyIncognito, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Will you be holding her purse??? :D

2. Why's that? 'Don't know about anyone else but I don't mean to crack you up whatsoever. I prefer a bit (not a lot) more substantial bumps front and back. And the attitude....forget about it..... :(

It's well known that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...to each his own. ;)

Variety is the spice of life, ain't it? :)

3. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Not a great driver.....but she is certainly pleasing to the eye. Now with her racing career appearing to coming to an end, will she go the Pamela Anderson route and go for the big rack? Inquring minds want to know!!!!!:p

4. I don't know about her purse, but she can hold my sack.....errrr....I mean, of White Castles, that is.... :eek: :p

5. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric

Fair enough and to each his own. I never said that Danica was the ideal woman and the epitome of feminine beauty. However, I would question the man card of a straight guy who claims that she "is not attractive".

6. 'Understood you didn't regarding "epitome of feminine beauty" and 'wouldn't "question the man card of a straight guy" as I guess I'm one of them. ;) :)

7. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Not for you to say. You find her attractive? Okay. Many of us do not - in physical appearance or in personality. Do bear in mind 'though - that the pictures in which she looks her best are as manipulated as the ones in any fashion spread.

8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    only long enough to steal the cash out of it.

:D

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have always wondered about the charge of sexism in sports. Female gymnasts are far, far more respected and admired than their make counterparts.

Is that sexism or just an appreciation for their talent?

Danica to me was always just another driver in a car. I never cared what her body parts were. And if she was the greatest NASCAR driver of all time I would have celebrated her for being the greatest driver, not the best female driver.

That to me is the ultimate goal women should strive for. Equality without labels.

Because if that, Danica was a PR stunt for ratings and sponsorship money while being an average driver with an average career. I don't see the harm in stating the obvious.

10. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    You are a very wise man. Always go for the $$$$$$$ !!!!! :D

11. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric

Not for me to say??? I stated my opinion, which certainly is for me to say...is it no longer acceptable to state one's opinions here on FCat? If so, I didn't get the memo and I apologize for my indisgression...

I get the distinct impression that you and Bandini would ague with the dead. Have at it...this is a waste of my time and I'm out...

12. [QUOTE="DreamCarrera, post: 145603780, member: 41183(Z)"Not for me to say??? (A)I stated my opinion, which certainly is for me to say...(B)is it no longer acceptable to state one's opinions here on FCat? (C)If so, I didn't get the memo and I apologize for my indisgression...

(D)I get the distinct impression that you and Bandini would ague with the dead. Have at it...this is a waste of my time and I'm out...[/QUOTE]

(A) Absolutely. :)
    (B) Absolutely not. :)
    (C) 'Quite allright. There was none. :) (btw, it's "indiscretion"... ;))
    (D) The dead, no. Anyone I disagree with and feel I have the basis for my argument, yes. :)

(Z) I think (I can't speak for them, of course) the_stig, and I for sure, were commenting on your sounding as though your words regarding her "attractiveness" are gospel.
    I also question your rationale for "However, I would question the man card of a straight guy who claims that she "is not attractive"." as in my previous post. Which again, sounds the same. :)

Isn't the gap 'twixt races fun? :p :)

13. 'Don't always agree with you for sure. But in this case, I think you're spot on. ;) :)

14. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Not for you to question the man card of anyone who finds her unattractive - but you knew that was what was meant and were just being deliberately obtuse.

15. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Well, read today that RLR is open to having her back in Indy car....

16. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Of course he's open to it - if she brings the budget to run an additional car at Indy why wouldn't he be? If you read between the lines in what's clearly a motorsports<dot>com clickbait article there is nothing there implying that any discussions have or will take place unless she shows up with a really big check. I'm certain he has very fond memories but business is business.

17. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Its that way for every team hence why she is losing her ride at SHR. If she had a big sponsor she would be in nascar still. I don't think she is done yet. Maybe in nascar but not other series whatever it maybe.

18. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    We will see but I'm thinking she may be in a bit of a pickle. There's no mention of her having any big personal sponsors to bring to the table and her only comment on the subject has been that she has people to do that sort of thing for her. Maybe. Maybe not. "Having people" handling the business side when your value has plummeted and you're out of a ride with no visible means of support doesn't sound very good. Personally I think wherever she lands she would be depriving someone else of a chance to succeed. Is it unfair that she's singled out when other mediocre drivers are not? Not really, no. She's racing version of big hat, no cattle.

19. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    not sure if she still is, but she was an IMG client for a long time. They don't like working with washed up brands.

20. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Not sure if she is or she isn't but her long-time agent, Mark Dyer, left the company back in August.

21. Let's see.... I did 9.6% for myself the past 12 months so if I had her 60 million I guess I could "get by" on 5+/year..... ;)

22. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Good for you smart guy. LOL
    I meant no visible means of supporting a ride with another team. No money to bring to the table.

23. I understood....she should "invest" some of her own. ;)

(Give some back, so to speak...)

24. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I don't think even Danica believes in Danica enough to spend her own money on a ride. She is 35 and is probably going to have to reinvent herself and may even have to deliver instead of just showing up. I wonder is she's making anything of her fitness stuff?

25. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Based on this theory.......think paper hat and the phrase.."do you want fries with that"? :p