Danica Patrick out of NASCAR | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Danica Patrick out of NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GuyIncognito, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Jana: Want to see a real woman racer that kicked butt against the men? Read this.....http://snowgoer.com/latest-news/flashback-to-dorothy-mercer-fastest-woman-on-snow/

Dororthy was one tough racer and she could beat anyone!!

2. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
  3. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
  4. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    The Force girls still kick ass ;)
    Put Danica on another team, then she can sink or swim.
    A lot of the men get second and third chances, so let her have at it.
    A few of the men are not that good, but because of their name, family or close friends they will ALWAYS have a ride at the top.

5. (A) "Put" her somewhere? What does that mean?
    (B) Who are they?

6. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Here is one more.....https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michèle_Mouton

Same thing as Dorothy, she ran as good as any man. Hence the dislike for DP. She simply doesn't have it regardless of car, team or series. You might also look up the name Denise McCluggage. another top flight racer.

7. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Michele Mouton was simply the woman who achieved the most in rallying, and was equal to men. She drove for the top teams of her era and won several World Championship events. No woman achieved anything like that since she retired.

I place Michele Mouton even above Pat Moss-Carlson who won perhaps the most gruelling rally of all, the Liege-Sofia-Liege Rally in an Austin-Healey 3000, or Evy Rosqvist who won the punishing Gran Premio de Turismo in Argentina , on a Mercedes 200SE. Both events were several-day rallies, with hardly any rest time; such event are now banned! Pat Carlson and Rosqvist defeated the factory teams and their male team mates.

8. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    I agree with you on this. Now that my daughter has moved from having babies to supervising nannys, she is back at the tracks with me. And when it comes time, I will introduce her two daughters to karting. Genetically, I feel the middle one will be more pre-disposed. The elder is too much of an empath and would want to stop and help a friend who had a mishap on the track.

9. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    A. If another team owner or a sponsor has the bucks "put" her behind the wheel, I don't know if she has the upper body strength to be a tire changer.
    B. There is a "J" Earnhardt who races on occasion, usually further toward the back than Danica.
    Don't recall hearing much about him prior to seeing his name on the leaderboard.

10. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Michele I know. Rally is actually my favorite motorsport and the one where I think the drivers have the most talent. She was awesome. Also knew McCluggage.

That's awesome! I was hoping my niece would be interested but she went the horse route.

Jeffrey - nephew of Dale.

11. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Good story BHW. I don't blame you for being upset with Tracy...I sure as hell would be.

Your first hand interactions with Danica paint her in a very different light (i.e., she is far more kind and easygoing in real life than she is usually given credit for in the media) than she is typically given credit for in the media. It is just as I have suspected with Danica...she is many times portrayed in an undeserving bad light by the media. Stenhouse Jr.'s a lucky guy IMHO...

12. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Pffft. That story is from when she was running Barber Pro and Toyota Atlantic and still needed to be "nice" to people. Her reputation as being unpleasant (some would say nasty) and hard to work with is well deserved.
    Paul Tracy did BW a huge favor.

13. ;)

14. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    Ah, the sport that gives us the most insight into what the gender mix will be at the highest level when the entry level pool is not subject to the usual parental, cultural, etc. bias.

15. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    After her latest interview, delusional to the end, I really hope Danica is done. Buh bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out and PLEASE nobody at any network offer her a commentator position - she's eminently not suited to it.
    Apparently despite having good equipment she has never had "the last little details" that allow for wins.
    Any missing details were behind the wheel honey - not in your team members - who you've just taken another swipe at.
    http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/144616-patrick-missed-the-last-little-details-needed-to-win

16. Oh c'mon. You know dang well that:
    ""Do I think that I've had the best car on track with the best engine, the best, best, best, best, best? Probably not," she said. "Have I had good teams? Absolutely. Have I had good equipment? Absolutely. The challenges are those last little details, and having a group of people around you that believe that you can do it and are willing to go beyond the call of duty for the job and go the extra mile.
    is code for telling it straight that all those "group of people" (male chauvinists) were holding that "glass ceiling" in place. We're all pigs... :rolleyes:

;) :cool:

17. DreamCarrera

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Really?! So you know the true private Danica (as opposed to the work Danica that the world sees on race days/events and in the media)? Please do tell...I'd love to hear your personal, first-hand stories about her...

18. Aaahhh. So the personality we've all grown to know and dislike is just an act...part of her salesmanship. Now I get it. :rolleyes:

19. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    she took a page from the Ferrari playbook, treat everyone like crap, most will stick around anyway :p

20. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    You can accept my remarks or not - completely up to you. I'm not going into any details.

21. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

22. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I kinda like her.

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  24. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I believe she brought a lot to the sport. She wasn't the best but certainly not the worst. An indy car win ain't to shabby either. I will say if there ever was a person that seemed to be in the wrong place at the right time it was her. Seemed someone was always running her off the track. I also think we are going to see a change in nascar. Empty seats are no good. There needs to be some fire back in the sport. I hate the fact that they go to such lengths to make the cars equal. A ford needs to look like a ford and a chevy like a chevy and what stock car was that which toyota used an overhead valve pushrod motor?

25. DreamCarrera

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    +1

The guys that say she's not attractive really crack me up.