Danica Patrick out of NASCAR | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Danica Patrick out of NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GuyIncognito, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I don't think the nascar brass cares anymore, they had her, got what they thought they could out of her,
    it didn't pan out like they hoped, I think they have moved on from her, actually, I think they moved on from
    her about 2 years ago.

Go look at the net worth of anyone that drives for a 'top tier' winston cup team, they all
    make a ton of cash (and it will always be winston cup to me)

You nailed it sir.

That's not really fair.
    And speaking of performance, go learn how to spell 'loser', unless you really meant 'looser'.
    I have to ask: have you ever been around Sarah Fisher in-person for any length of time? I bet not... or you may not say that.

2. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Steve Kinser!!!!!

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Her high point: qualifying for the Indy 500. I was rooting for her too although I disliked how ABC sports played the sex card.

Her low point: her bikini photo shoot for sports illustrated. IMO, she put her cause back 20 years. That was one she should have just said "no" and looked for a higher meaning. But she likes money so....

4. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    So long to her...for the moment. While lacking in driving talent, she is a good sales rep for any company. Maybe she can now pitch Ford's to the masses. Best of luck in her new career as a car salesman. :D

5. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Back to GoDaddy commercials?

6. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i hope she finds another ride (if she wants to continue)

7. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

This thread has more press on Danica than her entire career in racing.

8. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    She had a career in auto racing??? Who would have thunk it!! :oops:

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Her career was in marketing. Racing was just a tool she used. I had high hopes but...

10. I don't even find her all that attractive, but, to make your wish come true, I'll give her a "ride".... ;) :p

11. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Some $60 million.

I'm amazed!

Matt

12. o_Oo_Oo_O

13. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

I couldn't agree more. Motor racing needs more women, not less.

14. #39 lorenzobandini, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Not a great anything driver let alone best NASCAR driver. You want them to learn that one should be gifted something based on their sex rather than earning it on merit? 'Just my opinion, but I don't think that's a very valuable lesson to learn.

'Just curious, why does it "need" more women? It "needs" whoever deserves to be there, no?

Danica proved to the world and herself she didn't. She "raced" to no victories (yes, she finished first in the mileage run at Motegi) even being with top teams.
    Nothing agin' her, she just doesn't have it. Good for her she made a bundle of money without the requisite talent for the sport. Such is life sometimes.

15. oooopppsss. I hadn't read that yet. Obviously, 'agreed... :)

16. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Motor racing is just like any sector of activity in life: it needs equal opportunity for anyone and parity between the 2 genders.
    At the moment, it doesn't get that; girls aren't encouraged, welcome and sponsored in motor racing as much as their male counterparts.
    Once the glass ceiling will be broken, women will achieve just as much as the men, like they have done in other fields: management, business, engineering, banking, medical, justice, politics, government, etc...

17. Oh please no.
    I apologize for not being clear. (tho' I can't make it much simpler)
    There is no "glass ceiling" in racing. Danica has been given the opportunity, as have othersbefore her. She has been with top teams where teammates won regularly.
    Again, what reason does racing "need" more women in the fields? Many have already made it to to the top series (F1, Indy cars, FIA sportscars, IMSA sportscars, Trans Am, NASCAR Cup to name a few) and sorrowfully, have failed miserably. There is a difference in genetics, like it or not.
    Racing "needs" the best competing at any level, not just "an appropriate percentage" sex wise....
    However, the day a woman is capable of winning and does so, I'll be right there applauding her. :)

18. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
  19. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

A sociologist would tell you that genetics do not explain women’s lack of success in motor racing, not more that they could provide before the reasons of their absence in many other activities: flying, soldiering, etc….

It’s all down to parental expectation for their girls, and also society’s attitude in the face of female wanting to enter what is perceived as “the men’s world”. Unlike the boys, not many little girls are exposed to motor racing, nor encouraged to participate from a young age. There is reluctance for parents to support a girl to enter what is considered a dangerous sport. By the time they reach puberty, most girls are already at a disadvantage in that regard.

The few teenage girls who enter motor racing are literally already drowned in the huge pool of boys they have to compete against. I suppose the ration girls/boys must be something like 1/1000 in motor racing? When the sport becomes costly, the girls hardly ever get a look from the sponsors.

The few girls lucky enough to attract sponsorship money often get it for the wrong reasons, for marketing ends, and not to reward talent. It’s just another form of exploitation. The unfair media soon puts the spotlight on them. Where an average male driver gets away with lack of performance, everything around a girl is analyzed, criticized and she becomes the object of lewd remarks, scorn and derision.

I am not defending Danica Patrick; she is just one of the few women allowed to get a break, to a certain extent, only to be vilified because of her gender, where some on her male counterpart get away with equally poor performance without a whisper.

Comments like yours show that wrong attitudes are still present in society, where people still retreat behind stereotypes to defend their prejudices. I hope things will change one day and we will stop reading trivial remarks about female drivers.

FCat360 and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  20. Are you william in disguise?

21. #46 lorenzobandini, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Excellent. I admit I haven't been following IMSA GTD so I'm impressed. I do notice, however, no wins for the team and 'have no clue what her driving times were... :)

Stroll is in F1 and he hasn't shown he belongs yet...

22. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

She missed winning the championship in 2015 by 2 points with TRG. Last year with Scuderia Corsa they won the championship along with their class at Sebring and the Glen. Looks like no race wins this year, but a few podiums.

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    She did a good job in bringing more viewers. It's better if your business can cater to both genders rather than excluding half the population. And that's also the population that decides how much money and time their husbands can spend on activities. ;) It's in their best interest to make it something women enjoy and want to be a part of as a fan if not a competitor...win win for everyone.

Caracciola and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  24. I stand corrected regarding the teams winning. However, what was her contribution? I'm not going to do a search for her times at the wheel or lap times.;)

I shoot mucho pocket billiards, but I WILL NOT play partners as I'm interested in my performance, not my mates.

25. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I agree with just about everything there except for the reasons for her vilification....it's not because she's a female, it's that apart from her moderate physical beauty, she's not particularly likeable. She's always come across as arrogant....and when an arrogant person underperforms, it repulsed people...it's no different for her than it is for, say Alex Rodriguez. And I think her attractiveness may be a double edged sword. It undoubtedly helped with her recognition and marketability and likely opened doors for her....but if the performance isn't there, people will speculate that she got to where she did based more on looks than talent, again, drawing scorn.
    Life isn't fair. Some people can carry "confidence" better than others.

lorenzobandini likes this.