Damn!....Austin looks cool! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Damn!....Austin looks cool!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by PeterS, Mar 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    on average the only people who arent nice around here are from california...:)

2. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    #127 Ryan S., Oct 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    heres a picture i took in the summer of 05. the lighthouse/water tower on lake travis is just to the right of me about 50 yards...i love austin and texas in general.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Ryan S.

Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    i forget how to get there but on lake austin there are some extremely impressive houses with killer views of downtown austin, highly recommend you check that out if you havent already. I really like the UT golf course/country club deal too, nice houses on it. best of luck with your house searching btw. You should also definitely leave cali for texas, just make sure you tell all your cali friends that it sucks and you dont recommend them moving out here; well make an exception for you but we really do have to many cali people moving here.

4. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I found this home in http://actrislistings.marketlinx.com...=RES&bvt=false (Click on the empty pic boxes). It's in Round Rock on the golf course at $500K. I REALLY like it!

I am struggling with whats best for me, Melodie and Chelsea. Will I like it here? I have no idea! Will my quality of life be better? I have no idea! Will I get real home sick? I have no idea! Will I get tired of driving to Dallas and Houston to visit customers? I have no idea! This one's tough! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

5. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I may just believe that! Niceness rubs off on you REAL fast around here!

6. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I spent 6 years in Austin before moving to Houston, and I miss it on the weekends whan I have nothing to do, but other than that, the only upside for me, is the Austin weather. If you have the ability to work from home (I did not) Austin could possible be the best place to live in regard to quality of life. The lakes are great. If you are a car or motorcycle guy, you are only 20 minutes away from some great roads, although they are sometimes busy. The downside is the traffic. Austin grew too fast and the city planners sat on their hands wondering what to do about it. Still after 10+ years of growth, there is no good way to get from the east side of town to the west side of town. Rush hour is aweful and the semi truck traffic on I-35 is terrible. Once the bypass is done I hope that changes.
    Housing to pretty cheap relative to the rest of the country, esp. in the suburbs, but getting more expensive. I really enjoyed living there but I don't miss it all that much. There are some definite advantages for me to be in Houston. Please feel free to ask questions, I know the people that live in Austin think I am an idiot for leaving, but at least I have some perspective now.

Good luck.

Paul

7. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hey Peter! Whatever happened to your Austin trip? Are you moving? I'm thinking of moving to Austin for 6 months to a year just to try it out.

8. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    He was scared of our taxes so he isn't moving here.

9. SROC4

SROC4 Formula 3

Mar 16, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Property taxes?

10. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name: