Damaged 400i for sale at Forzamotorsports | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Damaged 400i for sale at Forzamotorsports

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by RBV24961, Aug 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I've never seen a 'fly yellow' wrapped 400!

2. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    That would look very sharp!

3. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Under the bonnet of the 400i I hope!

4. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Bruce

I felt that clutches might be a problem on the 5-speed - you never know whether the previous owners have (ab)used the clutch - is a clutch change an engine-out job?

There was a giallo 400 for sale in Hemmings a couple of years back - it looked prettty gruesome.

Aidan

5. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Don't make me laugh.

I ripped the sleeve off an old t-shirt (not the one I was wearing) last night, feeling all inspired by your first post about detailing the engine bay. Did about 10 mins of erratic buffing here and there, then gave up. That'll probably be the extent of my engine-detailing efforts for a while. My excuse? Two girls, aged 11 months and 3.5 years.

Aidan

6. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    That driveshaft does look pretty solid---no U-jts. on that unit. Peter did mention that a new clutch was installed fairly recently.

7. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    That's a handful and a half alright. You'd have to be ready to park that thing for a while, bring a lot of the pieces inside & clean/polish at your leisure. Disassy. & reassy. go pretty fast. The first part (cleaning) can be done in small bits and pieces over time before you go into the breakdown (allowing you to drive it during that period).

8. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    As far as I know, the clutch is not an engine out job, but it is a big job nonetheless.

Regards,

Art S.

PS. I was tempted by the car that started this thread. It's a shame that it will be broken up - I too like the color!

9. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    The engine can stay in the car, but you do need to take apart the differential to do it...