Daimler-Benz? | FerrariChat

Daimler-Benz?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by SkizoACE, Aug 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I remember back in the hay day that there was a company called Daimler-Benz...where did Mercedes come from? Because I know its Daimler-Chrysler, and MB and DC have some kind of connection...

CAN I HAVE SOME HELP?

2. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    mercedes and Chrysler merged in the mid 90's to form DaimlerChrysler. Daimler from the germans and chrysler from america.

daimler and benz was the names of the two men who's companys merged in the 1910's(1900's?) and formed Daimler Benz. there first few cars were called this until one model was given the name Mercedes, after one of there daughters, evuntally there was a buy out of the company and the cars began carrying the name "Mercedes-Benz", but would be a product of "Daimler-Benz" or the parent company producing them, Daimler benz still owned the car company but also expanded out into other areas like most companys. just Mercedes-Benz is one part of the whole corporation

3. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thanks big dog, just what I needed.

4. Murcielago03

Murcielago03 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Shaan
    So does Mercedes own Chrysler or is it the opposite?

5. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003

Mercedes owns Chrysler