Curated Cars at Palm Beach Concours | FerrariChat

Curated Cars at Palm Beach Concours

Discussion in 'Florida' started by BartonWorkman, Dec 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Very nice event today by our friend Sidney Valon and his crew. Curated sent
    three cars to the event including Ferrari Enzo, Ferrari 275 GTB and Mercedes-Benz
    300SL Roadster.

The 275 GTB won merit and the Derek Bell MBE Award as presented by Derek Bell
    himself, Wayne Carini and Sidney Valon.

Intimate venue on Palm Beach's Worth Avenue. Very well attended and organized.

Thanks to Sidney and the Palm Beach Concours staff!

BHW

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Sidney is one of the most passionate car enthusiasts I have ever met. Glad his event was a success!
    Beautiful cars.

:D
    BT

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Yes, I would say in terms of entry (quality and quantity) and spectator turnout, the event
    was successful.

It was Sidney's first attempt and I'm sure now that they've had the experience, they'll
    be gearing up for next year as well. As long as he has the Palm Beach Mayor's office
    on his side, the event should be fine.

PS: Big Ferrari Club presence yesterday, do they not post on F-Chat?

BHW

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Fchat seems pretty dead for the past 5 years or more to me. There was a golden age of 2005-2010 or so. Those days are over.

:D
    BT

5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Yeah, they kicked out all the trouble makers and this is the result evidently.

BHW

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Palm Beach Concours: Curated Ferrari 275 GTB Wins Derek Bell MBE Award.

The Curated entered 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB (#08729) won merit at the first annual Palm
    Beach Concours, the important Derek Bell MBE Award.

For those whom may not know, Derek Bell, MBE, was a world class racing driver competing
    in the top levels of Formula One for Ferrari, McLaren, Surtees and Tecno. But he mainly made his
    career driving Porsche AG sports cars garnering five overall victories in the world’s most important
    race, the 24 Hours of Le Mans (1975, 1981, 1982, 1986 and 1987) while becoming the World
    Sportscar Champion in 1985 and 1986 at the height of the famous Group C era.

Bell also accomplished four overall wins in America’s longest race, the 24 Hours of Daytona (1986,
    1987, 1990 & 1998) after finishing second overall in the event four years in a row.

Derek Bell presented the Kevin Goldvarg designed trophy to Curated’s own Hershel Zelcer. The award
    was based on Derek Bell's favorite car in the entire show. Seen here being helped by event organizer
    Sidney Valon, special guest Wayne Carini and event queen. A great honor!

Thanks again to Sidney Valon and his staff for putting on an outstanding event in their freshman outing.
    See the 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB now at the Curated showroom in downtown Miami.

Images courtesy of Sidney Valon and the Palm Beach Concours.

BHW

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Good to see this show start off well. I think it has a lot of potential. Given the staggering amount of vintage cars that are within a stones throw it should do well if the owners get behind it.

I know of at least three nearby major collectors that could fill the avenue alone and they all house their cars within miles of the event. The collection I took care of is maybe two miles away. Happy to see him enter the Bugatti. :)

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    How can I find out about next years event do they have dates set.....

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    #9 BartonWorkman, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Best advice would be to stay tuned to their website and get on their Email list.

palmbeachconcours.com

BHW