CT: front license plate | FerrariChat

CT: front license plate

Discussion in 'New England' started by jlclt348, Aug 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlclt348

jlclt348 Karting

Jul 7, 2013
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hey, all - moving into CT from NC. DMV rep says front license plate is required? Is this true? I don't have front plate mounts for either my 360 or 348. What are you guys doing with the front plate? Do you mount it? Just keep it in the car? If you do mount it, how? Thanks for any advice.

2. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    Welcome to CT. Have not had front plates on my P or F cars ever-15 + yrs. Police in Ridgefield, Wilton and surrounding towns good about this, State Police too. State Police in NY react mixed. Police at bridge crossings in NY and on Long Island fairly difficult.

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Only vehicle I've ever had a front plate on is my Toyota truck. Daily driver, P and F cars never. Stopped a few years ago for other reasons and lack of front plate never mentioned. Your mileage may vary.

4. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'll use a temp front plate mount for inspection that screws into the tow loop receptacle. After, it is unscrewed and tossed in the boot.

5. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Get a lost plate receipt from the registry.
    Each year, oddly enough, just before its time to take the car out, I loose my front plate and have to go to the registry to ask them to make me a new one. After a small fee and about ten weeks, I get a new one in the mail.
    If I were to get nabbed, I would have a lost plate receipt - no ticket....

6. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    This is what I do as well.

7. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I never had a front plate on any of my cars since the start. I only put one on my kids car to avoid potential issue as they are in the 20s.
    LEO are good about this. I never had an issue. I will never drill holes in a countach or Aston or anything else bumper.
    On the daylies you may put it just for peace of mind. Legally you are obliged to but frankly, the police here is looking for real mischiefs not stupid plate regulations.
    What I do see them do is stop a lot of trucks going over 85 on the hiway in traffic.

8. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I did get pulled over in upstate NY in my Miura, no front plate. Officer spent more time talking about the car than my infraction. I suspect he was just looking for a reason to pull me over to check out the car.