CS Market | Page 381 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    The 25k miles is not a big factor.
    Racetrack miles might be.
    Depends on how many miles, how hard it was pushed and if any off road excursions.

Personally I dont take any exotic to a race track. Never have never will.
    They are not race cars.
    A 15K Formula Mazda is.

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The CS is a track focused car and engineered as such. I have tracked every Ferrari I have had, from a 308 to an F40, and the CS is no exception.... and guess what, they are fine, didn't explode. Your car. Do as you please, but they weren't made for the valet stand and the coffee shop. They will actually work better, with less problems, if they get used as intended.

PVEferrari, 360trev, Thrasher and 4 others like this.
  3. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Mine looks so good sitting outside the coffee shop though.

I'm with Lightguy.... I have a lot more fun at the track in a car I don't care about so much. Maybe I'm just not rich enough.

5. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I agree too, to a certain extent. I like to take the CS to the track and use it for its intended purpose......up to about 8/10th. I use my kart for 10/10ths driving. Stepping up to the new 175cc super shifter with 6 speed paddle shift next year. That will be fun to 10/10ths as i’m not rich at all. lol

6. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So much fun. And when I rub bumpers in the cart with my buddy I don't care. I'm at 10/10ths.....

Break something on your CS and you'll be waiting 6 months for parts.

7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I guess I've always been easy on equipment. I would run at the pointy end of the field with the vintage Indycar and I went thought tires and brakes much slower than the other guys, and the same held true with whatever I've tracked.

8. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
  9. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

report: so a long time research(years) showed there are 4 cs in china.

1st pic, in southern china, crashed in 2008. Left-over of the car whereabouts unknown.
    never seen in person myself. But i've seen the owner.
    2nd pic, in southern china, never seen in person myself.
    3rd pic, around capital area, have driven it and seen it in person.( you bet!)
    4th pic, around capital area, crashed 10+ years ago, picture is courtesy of Ferrari China. All parts were transplanted to a Modena. have seen live feed doing illegal speed in southern China.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 885031

Attached Files:

10. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    "I track my car"
    "I'm easy on equipment"

Opposites IMO.

11. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    "I track my car"
    "I maintain it to a higher level than people who let them sit in the garage"

Each case is different. But MOST people I know who track their "nice" cars also are more aware of their condition, manage fluid changes better, warm cars up properly, etc. I've bought tracked cars. A good leak down inspection should tell you almost everything you need to know about the engine condition. I do understand people are scared of tracked cars and the market drives values. But I've also seen people who do burn outs on the street, drive cars hard when cold, scrape driveways etc.

Thrasher and RANDY6005 like this.
  12. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

that one was rumored to be out of china. Rumor is that the owner of the car is a multi billionare and has enzo, laFerrari and dozens of high profile cars and this one was imported and later exported to USA.

it is all rumor though. Last seen in Beijing, China.

nobody seen it ever after, so i excluded it.

13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Not really. You have 2 drivers, one doesn't know what he is doing. His inputs are erratic. He spins, goes off, hits curbs and tires are always squealing.... because he thinks he's fast. This is the average student that I've started. If they can put their ego aside, they can improve.

Second driver has smooth inputs that aren't erratic. Doesn't generally slide the car (unless he wants to). Knows when to accelerate. Knows the proper breaking points to keep the car under control, but still fast. Never spins, hits the apexes, but isn't riding the curbs.

The second driver will be easy on equipment and consistently fast, but doesn't really look fast.

Thrasher likes this.
  14. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My original post was referencing your original comment about "tracking" your Ferraris. Driving your Ferrari "on a track" is not the same thing as "tracking your Ferrari". Obviously one can "sparingly" drive their F40 on a track and not beat it up. That's not the same thing as "tracking your F40".

15. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S
    CS Market thread.....

16. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Feel free to give us a market update.

17. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S
    Point is take your pissing match else where
    You and whoever US is

18. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Are you the Mayor of the Fchat market thread? The "pissing match" as you put it, is a reasonable evaluation of how "tracking" ones collectible CS affects its "value" and therefore "the market". I would love to understand how one determines if a CS has been "tracked".

Go jump in a lake!

19. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S
    I don’t want to continue to derail this thread any more than you already have.
    I’m not the mayor and it’s too cold for swimming.but thanks for the suggestion.
    Lol

barabba likes this.
  20. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The market is always fluctuating. Go back 3 pages in this thread and the information is ancient history. Nov. 6 is the next market "data point" producer. Then it'll be a whole new thread.

21. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    jason 1st with > 5,000 posts and has been a consistent valued contributor to this thread for years vs forza 62 who has 152 posts in 11 years. Yeah, my support is with jason on this.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  22. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Boom likewise
    + he bought my old CS :)

23. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    This is actually relevant. Perhaps you could tell us about YOUR CS.

24. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    At the end of the day, these are road cars. There is no point in putting in qualifying laps in your road car. If you know what you are doing it is more than possible to push the car and not damage or effect its value.