crystal ball time (have 360/F430 hit their price bottom?) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

crystal ball time (have 360/F430 hit their price bottom?)

Discussion in '360/430' started by artsd, Jun 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

The longer you wait the cheaper they’ll be, but you won’t be driving one either. Are you worried about resale? 99% of any car sold today depreciate. There’s carry cost, insurance, repairs, wear and tear, depreciation......buy the car, drive the car. When you’re dead, you’re dead a long time.

artsd, 3POINT8, KC360 FL and 2 others like this.
  2. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I assume insurance, and repair cost to already be present on what ever “spare fun car” I have so shouldn’t really could twards what you will lose on any given car since you will be paying this anyways. The only difference would realistically be if your fun car were a Honda Accord or the like. So to me the actual depreshiation of the car would be actual value lost which on a 360 or f430 will be minimal. You are probably at a higher risk of monetary loss on an f430 but let’s face it it won’t be much of anything. So I do agree if one of these cars is what your after buy and enjoy.

artsd likes this.
  3. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

If a 360 is $60-70k now, how much are you worried about losing on it?
    A BMW 5 series costs $70k new currently and in three years it will be worth 50% as much. The 360 is not going to drop to $35k, So the used 360 would be less costly to drive then the BMW. What’s to think about?

gsworld2014 and artsd like this.
  4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Spoke with a friend of mine who has a pristine $10k example red/tan F1 2000 360. They offered him $50-55 at the dealership trade in for a 458.

5. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I guess that was the point I was trying to make. Might as well buy and drive one however I don’t count what I’d spend on insurance and maintainance twards anymone cars ownership costs because I’m going to have something reguardless of make so I’ll be spending that money anyways.

Blitz88 and KC360 FL like this.
  6. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I agree, really. But to be fair the "new" car (BMW 5) will be under warranty for quite some time-- So I guess what I'm saying is any unforeseen maintenance on the 360 will certainly be a factor in the overall consideration. But with that said, there's also interest on the loan if you don't pay for the car outright which can add up.
    Still my vote goes for the 360 ;)

I figure I am willing to accept the costs and the depreciation for the enjoyment and euphoria! YOLO baby!

7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    As your only car, get the warranty (anything).
    As your 2nd or 3+ car..... 360 all the way.
    Life is too short to drive un-passionate transport :)

artsd, KC360 FL and G. Pepper like this.
  8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    You guys know I cant pass up this thread. Granted I am the polar opposite of anything normal when it comes to cars, but if you looked at everything in life the way I see some people look at buying a car, life would not be to interesting. I may be unable to experience somethings like others do, but life is short don't waste the time you have just looking, doing is much more enjoyable. If you cannot afford a Ferrari, well that is one thing, but if you can, then do it. I consider myself lucky to have been able to own the cars I have, and I have lost a ton of money, but the good times I have had behind the wheel of those cars has no price tag, and don't regret a single purchase I made.

9. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I can also add that once you've spent some $$ to sort (fluids, belts, battery etc) your car it becomes very, very reliable. In 4 1/2 years of ownership I've only had to check my fluids.

10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    If you do not have a used out of warranty supercar fund of 10-20k, then i would wait and save up this fund before a purchase no matter how thick the pile of reciepts is or shiney.

artsd likes this.
  11. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    good advice right there

12. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    3p - I know this 1st hand LOL...... bought my 01 modena 4 weeks ago........ 19k miles..... good ppi.... and 6500$ later it's ready for some fun..... needed major svc, and a few other things upon "further inspection".... plus there is alot of while were down there might as well do this...... but now I have a good doc base-line of service for 'hopefully' carefree miles.

hessank likes this.
  13. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    And that folks is how you do it.
    Similarly, mine had no maintenance history. It does now.

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Hess- I was able to piece a rough main hist together from my car fax and a call to my local dealer they did a quick data base check. I put this on a spreadsheet graph. Then my major svc... and wala a reasonable main baseline. Then just doc the addn of main $ overtime.