Crescent Classic 2010 updates | FerrariChat

Crescent Classic 2010 updates

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by cmparrenzo, Sep 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I will start with the weather, still a chance of rain but they have pretty much eliminated the chance of rain on Friday, now if we could get lucky and have blue Sky's on Saturday that would be great! In any case, the chances of rain are small so no need to worry!

I called Bill Stewart with Ferrari of Denver and gave him the weather update a few days ago, Bill has chosen to bring my yellow 550 Barchetta (well technically its his, but yellow Ferrari's are my passion) to tell him about the possibility of rain, he said the rain would not keep him and his Barchetta from the Pig Trail! He is rapidly becoming my new best friend!

Good News! At least for me, my 550 is done and very happy according to Jeff Hocker at Ferrari of Denver. Amazing, it was completed when it was promised and under the quoted price. Thank you Jeff.

It is going to be warm for Crescent, highs in the mid-eighties so dress comfortably on your rally, if you have a passenger that suffers from motion sickness a motion sickness pill might be a good choice.

For those participants able to be in Kansas City on Wednesday evening, we will meet for dinner at the Sheraton Hotel in Overland Park for dinner at 7:00PM. Feel free to get there early, please, casual attire! This dinner is for registered Crescent Classic attendees only.

On Thursday morning we will leave from the Sheraton Hotel at 9:00AM to drive to Eureka Springs, I would suggest you arrive at the Sheraton Hotel no later than 8:30 AM.

A nice surprise! Ferrari of Denver is providing a support vehicle and technician for the Crescent Classic Rally, you have to love these guys!

Our friend Tom Nnatiw from SPEED Channel in the US and his television show HARD DRIVE in Canada is sending a film crew to Crescent this year. They plan on featuring Crescent Classic on three episodes of HARD DRIVE. So be prepared to be on TV!

And do not forget, Chad Ensz from the Ferrari Market Letter will be in attendance. As a special guest, Chad's father is coming to Crescent with his Fuel Injected '63 Corvette that he bought new!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days!

Chris

2. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Well, according to the weather channel looks like the rain scare is over.... So no need for your rubbers and umbrella's!

Friday looks clear with only a slight chance on Saturday and Sunday is clear!

I spoke with the Sheriffs department and all roads are clear, no construction anywhere on the route!

Less than 48 hours away! See you there!

3. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Just got an email from Robb here in Joplin. He pointed out that this is Crescent Eve.

4. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    HI,

LONG DAY!

All the cars came in from Denver, no problems, Ferrari of Denver is so professional it sure makes it a pleasure to work with them.

I went to DataSource and picked up two pick up loads of Crescent Classic "Swag"... Nice stuff!

I picked up Derek Bell, lol, I was a few minutes late but no issues. Meeting a hero can be a let down, but Derek is a class act and while I know we just met, I hope we get to stay in touch. He is truly someone that you would be lucky to be able to call a friend.

Will leave Overland Park around 9:00AM if we can get everyone out of bed!

Really a good day but the next few days will be fantastic!

I will post again on Sunday.

Chris