Crescent Classic 2007 | FerrariChat

Crescent Classic 2007

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by slm, Aug 31, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Only 2 weeks away! We can't wait. From what Chris has told me, this years event should be the best yet. The cars are about ready. Nopiston is joining us. So who else is in?

Steve and Michelle 355 F1 Fiorano and Porsche dp 935 Cab

2. Kleos1

Kleos1 Karting

Feb 1, 2004
    Urbandale Iowa
    Full Name:
    Garry Haas
    Deanna and I will be there :D

3. erikandersondesigns.com

Mar 5, 2006
    Lee's Summit
    Full Name:
    Erik Anderson
    I'll be in attendance and I'm bringing an associate. I'm working out final details for what I hope to announce prior to CC07. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

4. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I'll be there Steve--so will you old car! Going solo as of now...

5. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    V, good to hear that you will be there.

Kleos1, remember this?

Payback time, baby!!!! :)

6. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Steve and I will be there from Little Rock in the red 575... What I really need to know, Chris, is whether the thong will be there again?

Thanks... Alison

7. Kleos1

Kleos1 Karting

Feb 1, 2004
    Urbandale Iowa
    Full Name:
    Garry Haas
    One can only hope :p

8. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    uh, well yes!

9. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I see Chris blushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    My wife and I are driving up Friday for Saturday's day events. I look forward to it!

Gene

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jennie returns and much better looking than Greg. We're looking forward to it, Grandparents watching Mia in Texas for the weekend. Jennie and I are coming out to play and play and play.

So Greg isn't returning because of his inability to drive himself (he didn't assist driving a single mile last year as too hung over), but Ron & Stephanie Rippe are returning after a year off. Rob & Karen Cohen, who many know from French Quarter Classic are also coming this year. DFW will be well represented by a fun bunch.

Decided against going up to Branson for the pro cycling race, but will get into Eureka at lunch after traveling some of the previous routes up from I40 Thursday morning.

12. nopiston

nopiston Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yes, I will be there! Unfortunately, I won't be in something from the stable at work... but I should be able to hang with everyone in the corners just fine!

13. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Kansas City area participants will be Meeting at the Sheraton Hotel on College Blvd in Overland Park on Thursday September 13th at 8:00AM to caravan to Crescent Classic.

We will be leaving promptly at 8:30AM for or trip south to Eureka Springs and Crescent Classic.

This year we will be taking highway 71 south due to the large number of cars attending this years event.

Crescent Classic registration will open at 3:00PM on Thursday September 13th in the lobby of the Crescent Hotel.

This is an incredible event this year with 54 cars attending. The parking lot of the hotel will have Eureka Springs police officers overseeing parking and security at the Crescent Hotel.

There is NO trailer parking or trailer access to the Hotel so do not even try to get to the Crescent, we have off-site trailer parking at a secure facility so PM me for trailer parking information.

See everyone very soon!

Chris Parr
    Chairman
    Crescent Classic

14. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Beyotchin'

15. cbr600rr

cbr600rr Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Eureka Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    Thomas Achord
    I believe its been close to a year since I've posted here, (last time was following last years event). I thought I would drop in, read up on the "fanfare", and maybe drop a few words from Eureka on the boards.

First off, all of us here in Eureka Springs are looking forward to one of our favorite weekends. Personally Crescent Classic and Fat Tire Fest are top of my list of all are anual events. Of course being an avid cyclist lends bias to me and the Fat Tire.

The weather forecast looks good at this point. We have had a few days of much needed rain, but as of now the early weekend weather predictions look like 70s - 80s and sunny skies.

As Chris mentioned, we will have a police officer present at the Crescent Hotel. I am actaully taking vacation for this weekend, as to better assist the Classic. Whereas if I was on duty, I'd be subject to taking calls etc...

On a side note, Becky and I will be heading to Deals Gap and Gatlinburg on Monday after the Classic. I plan on carving up the corners on "The Dragon" and the other roads surrounding the area. So I need to break in my new GSX-R this weekend hehe.

Also, for anyone interested, I ride almost all of the roads in the area on a reqular basis, (certain ones I ride daily). So if anyone is wanting a road condition report, just let me know.

Again, we're looking forward to a great weekend.

Thomas Achord
    Eureka Springs Police Department

16. cbr600rr

cbr600rr Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Eureka Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    Thomas Achord
    #16 cbr600rr, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just talked to Chris and the address for the off site trailer parking is:
    Victoria Inn and Convention Center
    4028 East Van Buren
    Eureka Springs, AR 72632

When I typed in the physical address into Mapquest or Yahoo map, it puts the star in the wrong place. No clue why, but do not go off the graphic depiction on those sites. Your GPS will probably show it in the right place. I have attached a jpg that shows the location, however I'm not sure of the file attachment on these boards.

General directions to the Victoria Inn are:
    If entering Eureka Springs on U.S. 62 from the west - follow 62 east bound through Eureka Springs. On the east side of town, near the intersection of 62 and Passion Play Road, the Hotel is on the right hand side. If you go past Passion Play road or if you see a cemetary, you've gone too far.
    If entering on U.S. 62 from the east - once you enter the city limits, the Victoria Inn is on the left, less than one mile inside the city. Just past Passion Play road.

Hope this helps. Sorry if my directions are sloppy, I'm so used to directing tourist to the Crescent from downtown, hah.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Things have been getting ugly in that area..if you haven't checked lately; check this web site. http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

Steve

18. cbr600rr

cbr600rr Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Eureka Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    Thomas Achord
    Yes, I've been following the action. I'm only actually planning on doing "The Dragon" one day to say I've done it, get the T-shirt, and go on. I've been talking with a friend in the area who is pointing me to roads that are not getting the attention from the police.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hey Thomas. How about 23 up from 40? I know that's one of the main roads, so shouldn't be a problem. Jennie and I along with the Cohens will be staying outside Ft. Smith on Wednesday night and then maybe over to Wiederkehr Winery for lunch Thursday before coming up 23.

20. cbr600rr

cbr600rr Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Eureka Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    Thomas Achord
    Hey Rob. I've ridden the north part of 23 recently, and it is fine. I talked to two friends who rode down past Hwy 16 on Sunday afternoon and there were no concerns. I'd say once you see the first few corners in the southern section, and determine how those sharp corners will be, you should be fine.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    What are the real concerns with these roads? Washout on road or actual road conditions like pot holes? Thank you.

22. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Rob, normally it is just construction related. The winters are pretty mild so the roads hold up very well. Overall the road conditions are excellent as usual....!

23. cbr600rr

cbr600rr Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Eureka Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    Thomas Achord
    There are no major concerns. Being on two wheels though makes me very touchy around any gravel at all. Therefore, post rain rides cause me to really watch out for any gravel washed into the roadway. That is my only concern. Gravel = certain crash, for a sportbike in a lean.

24. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Biggest concerns are the logging trucks.

25. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    And F-150s pulling boats.