Crescent 2009 - thanks Chris | FerrariChat

Crescent 2009 - thanks Chris

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by slm, Sep 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    We arrived home safely. No "driving awards". The cars have had a bath and have been tucked into bed for the night....

Once again Chris Parr has outdone himself this year and pulled together a fantastic event. This was the best route we have driven and some of the nicest folks I have had the pleasure of meeting. I think all the participants would agree that Crescent 2009 was the best event yet. I had some new friends join us this year who can't say enough good about the event and how they were welcomed.

To make this year extra special, my father came down and joined us in his M6. What a treat to be hammering down the Pig Trail with my wife by my side in the Stradale and look in my mirror and see my dad in his menacing M6 right on my tail. He is soley responsible for my automotive fanaticism. He is a long time exotic are owner and always allowed myself and my brothers unlimited acess to the incredible cars he had in the garage. His only lament was that he had not done something like this sooner to get his cars out and truely enjoy them like they were meant to be enjoyed. My favorite quote from him this evening was "I enjoyed every single minute of this weekend and can't wait for next year."

I can't say enough about Chris (and Dana) and what he has done with Crescent. After all, it takes some cajones to suggest to some hoity toidy Ferrari owners that for the final dinner we all don togas AND get them all to do it!!

Hopefully we can get others thoughts (fish stories) and pics.

Steve

2. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    #2 deon.smith, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have to echo what Steve is saying 100 times over. Thanks Chris. I have attended many car events over my lifetime but this was the greatest ever. It was also my dad that introduced me and my brothers to cars and second to this event it was a 9 hour Le Mans series race that he took us to when I was 10 years old. (I became hooked then I guess).

It was also great seeing Brian's dad attend this. It was so great spending time with both Steve's and Brian's dad this weekend. I lost my dad two years ago but chatting with these two gentlemen was so great that it made me feel that was the type of conversations I could have had with my dad around cars if we ever had him out to the USA.

Just some pictures. Steve, like your new avatar.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #3 rob lay, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Another great weekend Chris! A reason Jennie and I continue to come back to this event EVERY year! I loved the 290 mile "enduro" on Friday, that will be one of my highlights from this year. The Dallas gang all loved the weekend. No mechanicals or "trophies" among our 348, 575, and black Hyundai Tiburon. I did hear a rumor that when a certain black Hyundai Tiburon high centers a dead squirrel that it then becomes a flying squirrel attacking all adversaries behind.

Also, can anyone else claim they ran over a snake in the mountains when outside temp was 71 degrees? That one surprised me.

4. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Another great Crescent Classic! This is our once a year when we get to REALLY wring out the 348. Last year had a lot of great driving, but this year was crazy... 300 miles of amazing roads through the Ozarks. We were driving hard the whole time and ended up pretty worn out by the time we got back from the big Friday drive. We were too busy and tired to do any serious ghostbusting on this trip, even with the all new Crews' Ghost-o-Meter. Plus, I think we ran out of places to look for them, after full throttle ghost hunting in previous years. We actually thought we heard a poltergeist in the walls, but sometimes it's best to just let them do whatever it is they're doing. The toga party was a blast, very impressive that pretty much everybody dressed up for it! I hope to see many pictures posted.

Great seeing everybody again. Thanks Chris and the team for planning and executing greatness once again, and to all the sponsors for their support.

5. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    It was a great year, I promise I love doing this for my friends, I could not be any happier than I am when I get to see everyone having a great time!

Yes, I am crazy, but Crescent Classic 2010 is well along in its planning with a few new events and drives!

Thank you to everyone that attended this year, Crescent Classic 2010 details will be announced Januay 2010.

Chris Parr

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    man, I'm already missing Crescent. The rush of the drives, enjoying a drink with good company and scenery (the cars! ;)), and the food isn't half bad.

7. lambo472

lambo472 Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Leawood, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Ricky
  8. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Rob,

We are still in aftershock after a great weekend we can not shake. To level this shock a few of us are going back during October to see fall. Jenni and you are welcome to join us.

(Robb G and Steve M to blame)

Please let us know.

Deon and Linda.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Deon, please give me a heads up about any runs to Eureka. I might just bring the 328 up solo or with a bud. Thanks!

10. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    #10 NSXER, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
    A Fall Crescent sure would be nice.....

Chris,
    Great job again on this years Crescent....fantastic time.