Creatine | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Creatine

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by GatorFL, Aug 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kev33

Kev33 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Quick note on the kidney stone debate. I have heard of only one person who has gotten a kidney stone from taking creatine and he says he got it because he didn't cycle the stuff. (That's what the doctor told him). Was on it for like 5 months straight before the stone appeared. So if you're going to take it, be sure to cycle it. I do 2 months on during the winter while bulking up. That's the only time I take it.

2. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    I don't use creatine, but as protein in the form of whey has been mentioned several times in this thread, I wanted to mention that as an alternative protein source for us lactose-intolerant folks (I can't be the only one here!), Trader Joe's sells a hemp protein powder that is very high in protein, pure, organic, and relatively inexpensive ($10/15 servings).

My recovery drink consists of 4 tablespoons of the TJ's hemp protein (1 serving), a pack of the berry flavored Emergen-C, a cup of fat free yogurt, an organic banana, some mixed frozen berries (raspberry, blueberry, strawberry), and a splash of almond milk to get it spinning fast and smooth in the blender. Tons of protein, tons of B, C and antioxidants, potassium nearly fat-free, entirely lactose free and gluten free. Really tasty too! All the above ingredients are from Trader Joe's (house brand almond milk, plain nonfat organic yogurt).

Cheers,
    Tad

3. MikeRoger

MikeRoger Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2011
    Creatine is not going to make you drop weight. its gonna add muscle and bulk.Creatine's side effects are very drastic, I have noticed it in people that take it. temper shoots up and you can get kidney stones from it. not worth it in my mind.

lose fat

4. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    i wouldnt use Creatine as it has a hormone growth addative - which could help cause liver hemangioma -

as a matter of fact, too much protein, whether beef or chicken, if injected and long periods of use, would help create a liver hemangioma.

just work with what you were created with, leave the other crap alone.