Crave Luxury in Texas has nother 400 on ebay. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Crave Luxury in Texas has nother 400 on ebay.

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by dogdoc97, Jan 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    You might be interested in some of Full Garage's posts about being a picky shopper. His search(es) pre-dated my coming on this forum, but what I get is that he passed on *a lot* of cars before he found the one he bought, and then a second. But both are really nice examples. My impression is that FG is the exemplar of the prudent shopper, and that his story has had a happy ending.

I on the other hand am the exemplar of the impulse buyer and while I have no regrets I also know that no matter how far I work through the list of needs my '83 auto had when I bought it about two years ago, it will never be a #2 without some major $$$, let alone a #1.

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Maybe you will receive a second offer. Who knows! The high bidder may not buy. If this car has to be yours it will come to you. Believe me!

3. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    It was -44 over Christmas, works REALLY well at those temps! :)

4. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Boy, must have included lots of hookers and blow!

5. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Something to consider..over the years I have realized that if I factor in the cost of my time in chasing cars down (and resulting distraction/frustration), it's cheaper to add a premium and bid accordingly when you find what you like, at the end of the day I am usually on top and the smile factor is much higher. Missing a car by $1K (which for some is an a couple of hours billing time) is silly considering you are going to burn many more hours looking for the next one....unless you are into the quest vs. the drive.
    I see people spend months and even years to getting the "right car" (usually Ferraris), and end up disappointed because the picture perfect (used) car they had created in their mind isn't quite so or spend good money chasing a unicorn and never pull the trigger...remember these are at least 30 year old cars (in the same price range of a Camry) and life is short... BTW, for the record, I am not a teenager telling how to spend your money....although sometimes my wife thinks I behave like one...it's fun be a kid and have small bank account that allows you to play your dreams out :)

6. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    LOL!

7. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ..ok, I'll try use adult words in the future like "opportunity cost" :)

8. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    and am NOT offended at all.......thnx again to all, Doc

9. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Good luck with your quest!

10. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Winning bidder of this car has only bid on one item. The item? This car. I smell a shill bidder. I'll bet this sale doesn't go through.

11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Knowing what I know about Crave, I think this is HIGHLY unlikely.

The Doc above was working on a $30k deal. The car sold for a lower price.....makes no sense that this is a shill bid. If it was a shill, and they came back to the Doc, they couldn't very well ask him to pay more than $29k.

12. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    If the dealer knew I was out there at $30K wouldn't he want to wait to see what I was going to do before saying it's sold and we had agreed at $30K which was a little more than the winning bid. BTW Mark at Sphere said to tell you hello.

It is odd that I emailed the dealer after it said sold; and asked about the email at 5:37 Pm which he stated "we are ready if you are ready" , oh well, shuffle your feet lose your seat is the old saying, at the frat house, Doc

Addendum:after reading the above reply that makes sense; I guess they figured it was close enough to my offer and they had a "pulled trigger" situation while I was getting receipts etc and lining up a PPI.....cannot blame them at all, Doc

13. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I hope you're right