Crave Luxury in Texas has nother 400 on ebay. | FerrariChat

Crave Luxury in Texas has nother 400 on ebay.

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by dogdoc97, Jan 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    #1 dogdoc97, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    can someone post the link from ebay for me, thnx! PLZ give me your opinions on this one, Doc

2. Santos

Santos Rookie

Oct 27, 2012
    New York, NY
    Ferrari Other | eBay

Beautiful color combination.

Tinted windows a bit weird on this color, though.

Seems like a nice interior. Redone but a little used.

Some weird looking things happening under the hood. MSD ignition. Is that a modern style compressor for the A/C?

Some cosmetic issues like unaligned front bumper and rear exhausts look aftermarket and are hanging at different heights. Shift knob is pimp. Not my cup of tea.

3. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    At first I thought it had the most desirable of all paint. Dave's Blue. But now I think it is not.

Notice the demure repeaters above the front repeaters. I've not seen that before.

I think you can still find black shifters, and it's easily reversible.

$$$$ 50 What K in receiots ??? ... Well at least it doesn't suffer from the dreaded deferred maintenance.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Is there something a little odd about the wheel center caps? Are they oversize?

5. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I have never heard that term? Doc

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    FWIW, the guys at Crave are great to work with. If someone wants a personal introduction or someone to lay eyes on it, let me know.

7. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    A nice color combo, and a 5 speed. But look like a car that would need a lot of little work. How can someone leave something to rub that much so many times around the ignition switch. A very nice screw job on the passenger door speaker. No connector on the blue sensor on the air metering on pass side. Now guess how it is from a close inspection.
    But a nice looking car that I would like to own.

8. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    hell, I thought it looked good, guess it will need a CLOSE PPI, I did note the ignition area all scratched up.....Shark, I appreciateite the offer; I WAS very interested in this car till I began reading all the comments,lol if your close and you KNOW these guys perhaps you could at least inquire on the "real story"....thnx! Doc

9. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #9 Steve Magnusson, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think it might be a (side) "repeater" (flashes with turn signal) and a side running light/reflector (added for US legtality?):
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    It's the side light that indicate when you use your directional flasher. I think it's a British term like wing for fender or bonnet for Hood.

11. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    BTW I don't think the front bumper only need alignment, it look like it's been hit in the center and would need to be worked to get the proper shape(curve).

12. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    #12 dogdoc97, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    Someone just posted that this car they believe was just sold at the "Leake Auction" in Dallas; have no idea if this a hi line auction or what; be nice to know what they bought it for, Doc

UPDATE! I found the AUCTION RESULTS! THEY PAID $20K, the auction was at the end of November, says the car had an engine out service at 15K miles.............they are calling it TDF Blue, Doc PS I surprised myself with my own detective skills, lol

13. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Now you know you have room to negotiate.

14. Santos

Santos Rookie

Oct 27, 2012
    New York, NY
    Good sleuthing...

Leake Auction Company

It's amazing that they expect to charge ~$17K for a finders fee.

15. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Gee what a sweet looking car- 5 speed! Sold at auction for $20K?? Oh boy.... So much for the "Values are rising" theory.

16. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    20K was a steal for that car. Even if it need some work it's still a very attractive car with a desirable 5 speed.

17. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    The car is at $25K now, so do you call and tell them your a buyer post PPI, but at what price,neeed to leave room for the repairs($$$????) do you tell them you know what they paid for the car. etc.They may want to let it ride on ebay past what I would offer them; I have bought cars for over 30years BUT never had this situation(knowledge of an auction ) so I am not sure how to proceed, thanks, Doc

18. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    In 2002 it was for sale in Florida with 22,000 miles.

19. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
  20. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yup. Original asking price was $35K, then reduced in July to $32.5K. Don't know what the selling price was.

21. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I think this is like any other negotiation, I think if you're not arrogant you can make an offer on a car explaning the reason for your offer. And yes you can tell them you know the car sold for 20K at the auction. If they can feel you're a serious buyer they won't kick you out.

22. Splitting Atoms

Splitting Atoms Formula 3

Sep 18, 2011
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I did notice on the action web site that the 20k hammer price did not include the 10% buyers fee so they paid 22K for it.

23. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Finally, I've seen another car with the same air pump and plumbing as came on my car when I bought it. Air pump is on an extension of the alternator bracket driven from an extra pulley added to upper alternator. Air hose pumped to middle of V with plumbing to cats behind motor. Reservoir for power steering relocated to same location as on my car. Others may have the same but this is the first I have seen in pictures or in person.
    Ken
    p.s. Since my car came without the cats, I have removed the pump but not yet the plumbing.

24. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Could this have been for California smog?

25. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    Thanks, I was going to ask that question, whether anyone had a similar setup with the smog pump plumbed to the V, and where did it go from there. I'm more familiar with the Air Injection Reaction smog pump system, that used to be used on U.S. carb cars in the 60s and 70s. I'm sure no one but an importer trying to get the EPA sign-off would ever put a smog pump on a car. It would be the first thing to go when the Camaro guy swapped in the headers.