Crap customer service at Ferrari Vancouver | FerrariChat

Crap customer service at Ferrari Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada' started by SLDriver, Apr 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    So I e-mailed and called Ferrari of Vancouver regarding the new Maserati Levantei SUV and no one at this dealership wants to return my e-mail or phone inquiry. instead I had to e-mail Ferrari of Alberta who responded ASAP. What a disgrace.

Sorry but I had to vent because I find it ridiculous that you have to BEG some dealers in this city to get quotes for $100k+ vehicles.

2. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    It's not unique to Canada, sad to say.

3. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Don't you hate it when there is a window on a web site telling you "contact us" and you do...and they don't call back...arrgh! I'm with you on this one! It happened to me at this right moment with another vendor...grrr!

4. martiy1971

martiy1971 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Robert Martineau
    I just had a poor experience at FoA for sure. Was dropping off old car for a PPI, told the service tech that the buyer and I agreed that a copy of the results would be sent me as well. Never happened.

Then, even though I told the salesman I was really considering a 2009 430 Scud, I looked at a 2012 458 and a 2014 458 but told him that I needed to make a decision by the end of the day, so he needed to get on top of the deal structure it and let me know asap. Well, sent several emails, multiple voice mails and, nothing but crickets. decided that he didn't want my business so I bought the scud. When I did finally talk to him, he made excuses about two delivery's that day etc.

The Scud I bought was originally a Calgary FoA car so I had emailed the same salesman, the service tech, the service manager and others about obtaining redacted copies of maintenance records and window sticker and again.......nothing but crickets. this happened twice!

A friend bought a brand new 458 Speciale and he's been treated to the same level of post purchase support and is extremely unhappy.

The level of service these people provide are not conducive to sustainability and I for one will spend my next $300k-$400k elsewhere, maybe even FMoV as my experience there wasn't terrible.

5. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I feel your pain martiy1971, you're willing to spend that kind of money but yet you would get better treatment and service at one of those shady used car lots.

And on the topic of FoA, I e-mailed back a couple days ago and still no response. I've basically given up on this SUV and will take my money somewhere else.

Also wanted to add that not all luxury dealers in the city are bad. Lambo of Vancouver and MCL know how to treat their customers, in fact I e-mailed about the Aventador SV 2 years ago and the sales person e-mailed back within an hour and provided me all the details I requested. I had no prior dealings with them and only owned one Lambo (purchased privately) before my SV purchase. Lambo of Vancouver went above and beyond what was expected of them when I did end up buying the SV.

6. martiy1971

martiy1971 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Robert Martineau
    The staff at McLaren Toronto went way over and above for me. As did Weissach in Vancouver. Even Urban Garage did well for me.

7. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    You find a dealer that treats you right and stick with them. I've had issues with FoA and FoQ as well, but get treated extremely well over at FoO.

8. kramsay1234

kramsay1234 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    I know not everyone experiences the same things, but I have been very happy with my treatment at FoO.

9. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I'm surprised you didn't get a call back. Email is understandable, because there is the possibility new emails from unknown IPs can get automatically tossed into spam folders. If you can, try to go to the dealer in person and speak to Mark Edmonds, Gen. Mgr.

10. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    That's where I bought my 308 GT4 from. Dealt directly with Duncan Pearce.

11. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Mark Edmond is 100% recommended.

12. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Sometimes it's not the dealer that is to blame but individuals. At Ferrari Quebec, the majority of the people are super friendly, welcoming and great to deal with starting from the president all the way down to the mechanics.

I am always treated amazingly well and will continue to do business with them. However, there are some people who know exactly who you are, have spoken to you before but they are just snobs and don't even dignify you with a simple hello or a head nod when they see you.

Perhaps the person at the other end of your email is one of those and they are making the entire dealership look bad. I wouldn't blame the entire dealership.

When I need something at FoQ, I know who to call and who to speak to and who to avoid and I'm always treated super well and I'm a happy customer.

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

If the dealership employs people like this, then yes, the dealership is to blame. It's incredibly important to see how your employees look to your customers, not just how they look to you.

If you have a kiss ass employee who looks good to you, but your customers hate, that lacks the skills to make your customers happy, then out they go. If you don't recognize they're doing a lousy job, then shame on you as an owner or manager.

So, yes, the dealership management is to blame. Attitude comes down from the top.

D

14. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Thanks Peter, I will try to stop by the dealership this weekend and speak with Mark.

15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I do nothing by email. It's too easy to make excuses for not responding. I got into it with my bank the other day,regarding an email conformation that they said they never received, even though I typed and read back the email to the rep I was speaking with.

They fixed everything in an instant while I was on the phone. I told them from now on, no more emails. You call me directly, or I'm switching banks.

16. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    I've had nothing but good things to say about FoA. On the service side they were always available when servicing my 360 - even the service manager himself called me at night on his day off, and drove me to the airport as well.

Way better than my local Pcar dealer. They won't return my calls or emails. sigh.

17. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    A couple of years ago, I was in Montreal visiting family and stopped by the dealership to check out a Ferrari they had for sale for a friend of mine. I didn't call ahead or anything, I just simply walked in... Jean-Danielle took me over to the car and I spent almost an hour going over this thing with him. The nicest salesman I've met in years. I only wish salespeople at "lesser" dealerships were like him.

18. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    It's too bad you've had these problems. I prefer email as I can always print it out in black and white. No problems with any of my financial advisors at either BMO, TD or RBC who reply within that day (or even quicker).

19. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Jean-Daniel is definitely one of the good ones, super nice guy!

20. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Email for shopping can be the worse way to contact. I always call, even on EBay. The only time I've had snob experiences with dealers is at the Auto show.

21. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I noticed at this year's show that most of the displays were operated by the manufacturers (Like Alfa and Maserati).

22. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    I must say that when I had no issues with foV, but everyone has their own opinion

23. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    I must add that a visit in person is always better than a phone call.

24. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Absolutely. But these days, due to the Internet ppl don't just buy things locally. 4 of the last 6 vehicles I've bought have been long distance/cross-border.
    I'm very interested in a vehicle at FoA, but finding them very disengaged/unresponsive. I would have thought that high end car dealers would have th creme de la creme of service/sales experience. Not finding that to be the case. I guess they must be too successful to need my business, or don't take non-local inquiries seriously. Out of principal I refuse to chase/beg ppl to sell me something.

25. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Are you dealing with Sam Reid? He always gets back to me right away, sometimes within 5 minutes. and i'm 1000 miles away.