Coupe OR Spider | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Coupe OR Spider

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Tommy Boy, Dec 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    I think that’s right in that sweet spot of a very nicely spec’d car. $125K - $175K in options. $125K seems to get you a lot of CF exterior and interior, with racing seats and a base color. $150K-$175 seems to put you with AF and stripe with less CF or with a special paint, lots of CF. Lots of ways to mix and match it. In the US, if you did AF, Stripe, special paint, interior CF, exterior CF, carbon wheels - you could push the options over $300K. I don’t see how a car like that will command that same difference down the road, but I could be dead wrong.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I think that’s probably right on to how values will pan out. At least it seems in line with how the other higher in models have fared. I do wonder if the higher price will impact desirability as many people in the secondary market just want a “Ferrari” and there will be cheaper options for sure. My dealer is seeing the same interest level and getting a spider allocation is no gimme. So hopefully it will be a sought after model should we ever decide to sell.
    My spec is about $190 of options. I did the exterior carbon above the ground effects (with no lift I would rather scrape the plastic up than CF) inside I did most of the CF, racing seats with the largest options being the stripe, paint and AF pack.

Caeruleus11, D11 and of2worlds like this.
  3. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Sounds like a wonderful spec!

Caeruleus11 and Ltfor3 like this.
  4. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    The triple layer whites (Fuji and Italia) do command a premium on the used car market. Now, will you get your entire investment back if you decide to sell down the road? Not likely but it will definitely add more value to your car versus most other colors.

Bianco Cervino is a great choice if you really like white but don't want to spend more than $32K on triple layer white. It only costs $6,243 :)

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and D11 like this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    'only' :rolleyes:

tfazio and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I talked at length with the GM of my dealership yesterday and he says they are not taking orders for the Spider without buying a coupe, that may be a dealer thing but he says he already has 16 Spiders on order, all from coupe owners. There were two coupes in make ready when we were there on Saturday so they are delivering them at a nice clip apparently, probably 2 per month for this dealer. Anyway, he told me that the factory is requiring that you have a two seater and a four seater already in your garage to get the SF90 or the 812 GTS. So anyone that is walking in and buying a SF90 as their first car must have some pull with the factory.

7. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    I think that may be a dealership thing, that is not a requirement at all dealers. The factory or for those in the US, FNA, rarely get involved in dealership customer allocations with the exception of the LaF/Enzo type “halo” cars that seem to come every 10 years and the limited cars like the Speciale Aperta, TDF, Monza’s. All other decisions on allocations for cars like Speciale, Pista’s etc. ultimately come down to the dealers. Lots of dealerships are owned by the same conglomerate, so they may make a decision as an ownership group that applies to multiple Ferrari dealerships that for example a Lusso is required to get a Pista. Point being, I think the must have a Stradale to get a Spider in the SF90 game is just dealership dependent, not necessarily a blanket statement.

I’ve heard the SF90 line is backed up more so than any other. Most US dealers where hoping to have delivered far more by now, which is what will only further push out Spider deliveries. With the line for a model year ending each July for the August holiday shutdown in Italy, there is a chance we see very few if any 2022 model year Spiders as they may be still fulfilling the Coupe orders. Top Ferrari guys will be the few who probably get a 2022 model year Spider.

The good news is the more rules the factory or dealerships do try to impart on the qualifications to get an SF90 (Stradale or Spider), the better it is for the secondary market for those who don’t want to buy other cars to get the car they want. Which is why some guys pay premiums to have the car they want now without playing the games of going through the company/dealership network. Not sure why people would want to eat a guaranteed immediate $100K + loss on a new Lusso to get a Pista when Pista’s never traded at a premium of $100K+. I suppose the rationale there is to stay in the good graces of the factory/dealership for future allocations.

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That is not a factory requirement. There are no factory requirements for either car. It's all your dealer playing games.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Thecadster, ScottS and tfazio like this.
  9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #59 wrs, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    To be clear, the only thing he said was a factory requirement was the two seater and four seater to be able to order the more expensive cars. The one before the other to get the GTS or Spider is dealer stuff.

10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    My dealer said something similar in passing when I was discussing a spider order yesterday. They will take my order but have not gotten the allocation.The manager mentioned they received their coupe allocation for the year(production run?) and expected to get the same treatment in for the spider.
    He said something like you’ll be fine you buy a lot of cars from us and you have several 12s and 8s. He said it may be tight for me but it’s their job to get me the car. They asked for the deposit and spec the car so it can go right in when they get their slots. That said the owner said of course we will get you a spider.

I did not pursue the comment about requirements obviously but I got the feeling there is some level needed. That said in the other thread a friend was said to have walked to ? Boardwalk and placed a coupe order without a history.

That said an order is not a car.