Could you live with no Sugar ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Could you live with no Sugar ?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by msdesignltd, Feb 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zzono

Zzono Karting

Apr 21, 2008
    The best diet is eatting less.
    I often drink Coke, Chocolate( I could never ever survive without it), ice cream and so on, but I am in a good shape with muscles..

I don´t exeggerate with foods.

2. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    I recently adopted the RASO method of eating to restore my liver function. My doctor has been after me to lose weight because of a fatty liver I developed years ago when I went through chemo for cancer. The RASO method of eating is simple no Red meat, Alcohol, Sweets and Oils. I lost 24lbs in 6 weeks with out any exercise. We need to rethink the way we look at food. I'm of Italian descent and was raised on Pasta and wine etc.... It was very hard for me to accept , but I told myself that I had a lot to live for and my wife gave me some motivation asking if I wanted to be around when my daughter gets married .... I'm 45, used to play soccer for years, lifted weights since I was 16 etc... But lets face it , I live a very sedentary lifestyle with my business . I'm tied to my office chair 10 hours a day and just don't always have the time to work out or play a sport 3 times a week... So , I chose to modify the way I eat and it's working great. Once I hit my target weight I will then concentrate on incorporating daily exercise into my daily routine , but it has to be a short and effective work out.
    For you gents looking for strength training, look up the Mentzer workout. I did it and it works. My routines lasted no more than 13 to 18 minutes per work out with 3-5 days of recovery. Within months , my exercises whittled done to dead lift and some chest and arm exercises. A lot of young guys were slack jawed watching me
    dead lift 375 lbs 6-7 times( lift to failure) and then walk away. It works. No BS. Look up Mike Mentzer, the guy was a genius. You don't need to be a gym rat to get in shape. It works for me as I can't run anymore due to shot knees, and ankles , so I reverted back to lifting weights.
    Back to our eating habits, it's simple. No processed foods, period. I have gone a step further because I need to restore a normal liver function by cutting out red meat and alcohol to give my liver a chance at detoxing itself.Too much focus on the heart having to be healthy. The liver is very often ignored. Read up on it and you'll see. If you don't have a healthy liver, you don't have your health. The liver is the only vital organ in your body that can heal itself. Take care of your liver and you will live a healthy life.

Just my .02

Lino

3. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    That is a common theme everyone says, they do not have time to exercise. but you make time for everything else but no one bothers to make time to exercise

Most of us spent at least one hour in front of the TV or computer. One possible key is to schedule time to workout like we schedule time for other things that we want to do.

4. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    My thoughts also. :eek::eek:

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I read and started adopting the "eat to live" diet. It's not really a diet as in I'm doing this to lose weight, as much as it it this is what my diet consists of now. I lost 30lbs in the first 5 weeks. Yes I've struggled with a few things, usually when I decide to have a few beers or drinks on the weekend. But during the week and the majority of the time the only things I'm eating are fuit and veggies with a few beans and nuts. No meat, no oils, no bread, no pasta, no........most of the things my whole diet consisted of before.

I feel better, am losing weight, and don't feel hungry all the time. Give it a read, it's pretty interesting and just made a lot of sense to me. His main theory is that everything being processed and cooked takes away the micro-nutrients and our bodies just keep wanting more food. Our body doesn't know that we are feeding it crap, it just knows it needs more good nutrients and triggers hunger. When you get all the nutrients your body needs then you are satisfied.

What really got me was how he talked about "toxic hunger" versus real hunger. I thought back and remembered as a kid what it felt like when I'd been out playing all day and it was time for dinner. I was genuinely hungry. It had been a long time since I had experienced that feeling. It's back now though.

Interesting stuff. In the end I just think this is a very healthy way to eat. I can still eat whatever I want, whenever I want but I know there will be consequences. I'm planning on adding some meat back in once I lost more weight. Until then I'm limiting myself to one meal per week that I can eat whatever I want. In moderation of course!!