F8 - Coronavirus & Production | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F8 Coronavirus & Production

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Glenn Quagmire, Mar 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    2575XX for a Portofino and the dealer says it will probably be delivered in June (Netherlands). Hope he is right but too many people tell you what you want to hear…….:rolleyes: . Received a status update from him on 2 June that my car was on status 30. No update since then. App says absolutely nothing.

Dubaicity likes this.
  2. kenguru

kenguru Rookie

Feb 2, 2017
    Germany (Hessen)
    Update: Yesterday received photo of 'body in white' in app and by automated e-mail, app still displaying "Waitinglist", dealer called status 'still 50'. Weird.

jm2 likes this.
  3. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Kenguru. look at the thread Portofino - in production status 30. Some of us are exchanging our experience of the production process and communication there.

kenguru likes this.
  4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I was status 40 before the shutdown, and when I checked 2 weeks ago I was still status 40. I thought when production started it would move along at a decent pace, makes me wonder if they put some cars aside at times? Weird... waiting getting painful!

5. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
  6. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I also received the first pic today. Given that I received a message from the dealer that the car had reached status 60 on 16 June not sure why the picture took so long. It is not the completed car, just the car with no paint on the production line. And the picture cannot be downloaded:eek:. Oh yes, the app still says it is on the waiting list :confused:. Hoping the car arrives next week (yes, I am an eternal optimist;))

Dubaicity and kenguru like this.
  7. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Funny, I just got my production picture yesterday also. I wonder if the guy who does the app-pictures is finally back at work, playing catch up..?
    I was able to download mine easily from the app (iOS).

8. ACK

ACK Rookie

Aug 7, 2018
    Prague
    Full Name:
    Anco
    F8 ordered April 2019
    10R - 20 February 2020
    40 - 6 May 2020
    50 - 25 May 2020
    70 - 2 June 2020

10 June car delivered at the dealer

29 May 1st production pic in App.
    9 June 2nd production pic (only can see it online my.ferrari.com and not in the app)

giacobbelaw, kenguru and Dubaicity like this.
  9. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    AAARGH. Finally downloaded the picture on the iPad (still will not download on the phone - No, i have no idea why:eek:). And what do I see - cut outs for shields on the side. But I ordered a car with NO shields. Which begs the question - is that my actual car or will I have to accept shields or will the shields just be filled in with something.:oops:

10. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’m willing to bet the picture is not of your car. No idea why this is sooo hard for Ferrari to get right, obviously very low give a Sh*t factor on this. When I got my VIP book for my F430, I noticed right away the car in the pictures had steel brakes, while my car had ceramics. Somethings things never change....

11. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Well for the 1st picture they are using always the same - 2nd & 3rd one should be your car

Sent from my SM-N970F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    The first photo is a stock photo. My F8 was same. Photo had the indent for Shields but I ordered mine without. The other 2 photos were my car (at least it “looked” like my car !

13. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    He might be back at work...but not doing his job. I had the front wheels off my Pista;compared the pic on my Ferrari app with the actual seam sealant pattern. Noticed the pic was probably one they embed into all the production pics. Image Unavailable, Please Login

kenguru and jm2 like this.
  14. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Waiting for the 2nd picture since two weeks now and my SA told me today my car will arrive in 10 days at my dealer in Germany
    812SF VIN 2579xx

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Happy for you. My chassis number is 2575 and I have no idea when it will arrive. Has been at status 70 since 26 June. Dealer claims not to know either :confused:

Dubaicity likes this.