Coronavirus live update | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus live update

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    In France the situation is quietly worsening, but apart from stock exchange there is no real panic...

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    It is because of the incubation and testing period.

375+ likes this.
  3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Aww poop, I only have 2 ply! I have never used 3 ply. It is now on my bucket list.

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The coronavirus epidemy is ideal time for governments to bury bad news.
    Europe is near recession, but the public is only interested in the body count.

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    DO IT. Before the doomsday preppers go full tilt. lol.

6. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    and dont forget Old age pensioners dying from Hyperthermia is another big killer but none of the green brigade like to mention that with the high fuel costs they demand!

william likes this.
  7. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    True 1st world problem. Nuts on so many levels!!

william and 375+ like this.
  8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Maybe you should consider switching to the new, improved 10,000 grit version! :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

polishhammer83 likes this.
  9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    hurts just thinkin about it...lol

10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    TMI:eek:

11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    This thread going down the toilet too;)

stavura, Nembo1777 and DF1 like this.
  12. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    4 ply should be on your bucket list :p

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It's amazing how much toilet paper people plan on going through for a respiratory infection...I wonder how much they'd buy if it was a GI bug like norovirus that cruise ships get occasionally. If they have that much worry with going #2, they should probably look at getting a bidet add-on to their toilets geez...

14. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Is toilet paper made in China? Is that what the deal is because I haven't been able to figure it out either.

15. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    This virus has been circulating outside China for more than a month. Italy happens to be perhaps the first country outside Asia where the outbreak started, but wait until this or next week to see it all around the world.

16. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    It's worsening, yes: 1784 confirmed cases this morning, but most came from clusters, probably the main one being a service by a protestant church in Mulhouse (east of France, on the germany/switzerland border) about two weeks ago, which has infected at least 400 persons directly, and many more indirectly...for the time being, no panic yet; life is normal.

Rgds

375+ likes this.
  17. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Probably also because the spanish officials underestimated it: 1695 confirmed cases in Spain this morning...

Rgds

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

No ****ing way are the chinese honest abot their figures with that's happening in europe.

375+ likes this.
  19. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The "Butcher's bill", as they used to say in the Royal Navy (quote from Horatio Hornblower, "The happy return", C.S Forester)

Rgds

20. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I frankly don't know, Bas; they have ways and measures to contain and restrict people which wouldn't be accepted here...I think they must underestimate it somewhat, yes, but can't say by how much?

Rgds

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    The first truth is not one country has a clear idea of how many in its population are infected. I am amazed that our Italian friends after initially baulking -as is their boisterous jovial nature- are now obeying the isolation rule.
    France is bound to move to level 3 soon but government has hinted that rules and restrictions won't be as severe as in Italy now...I live 2 hours drive from my gf, they will have to shoot me to stop me driving to see her.
    In any case the second truth is no government has any idea how this will evolve and whether spring will reduce new cases. Some politicians everywhere are irresponsible in their handling by over or underplaying the gravity of this. Meanwhile the UK....minister of health has the virus: how ironic...

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yep Marc, I agree; some facts are indeed rather mind-boggling: look at the numbers for Germany, for instance, compared to France and Spain:
    Confirmed cases and deaths:
    France: 1784 and 33
    Spain: 1695 and 36
    Germany: 1565 and...2
    Are the germans made in stainless steel?
    I think it is a six-months affair, to the least.

Rgds

23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes that is a major discrepancy and would have seemed correlated like a falsely low number of fatalities in Germany part a concerted plan to keep the population calm...but Merkel has apparently been very alarmist and pessimistic so no...bizarre. Another issue is every country seems to be tackling this differently so these statistics are like comparing apples and oranges.

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Over here things are not looking good, cases have increased rapidly...now they are thinking if they will close all schools, so far only a few have been closed...

25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I frankly don't trust them whatsoever. Especially in business. A contract means jack **** to them. Rest of the world takes so much from china they where afraid to upset them so let the Corona take over. They should've banned any chinese passport holder immediately, ban all flights in and out of china. Simple as that. They acted too late once again as they're too afraid to upset them.

Posted with restraint:p

Flavio_C likes this.