Coronavirus live update | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus live update

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    advise over here is there is not too much risk with open air events; and probably more risk going down the pub as it’s enclosed etc.

Time will tell if that’s correct; but with all the media nonsense and general lack of common sense (let’s wear face masks and disposable gloves!!!!) I’m sure they will be damned if they do and damned if they don’t!

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    They can advise anything they want, people need to act for themselves and think.Governments are desperate to avoid mass panic.

China brought in very strict lock downs etc ...Italy just starting now ...Uk will be next up ..USA too

Governments still have their heads half in the sand hoping for the best. I don't think its enough.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Maybe they've had everything already so to be immune.

4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    There's hardly anybody in the grandstands anyways come race day so....:oops:

Robb and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  5. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

With Northern Italy in virtual lockdown and its ripple effect, 2020 looks insurmountable for Ferrari.

Wet Chinese animal markets should be outlawed !

Igor Ound likes this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Maybe they don't travel so much either.
    Air travel must be the cause the virus came so quickly from China to Europe and North America.

7. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Never thought of that - you should notify the WHO immediately.

Best,
    Sammy

Patrick Dixon likes this.
  8. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
  9. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Apparently the lockdown was going to be forced in the next day but the directive leaked somehow.

freshmeat likes this.
  10. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Oh dear.
    So they've driven into France.
    Another upside of no border checks in the EU !

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Not totally relevant, but I have not seen any lit on COVID-19 vs. temp. This talks about effective disinfection strategies for corona viruses.
    https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext
    Long story short...high proof alcohol, bleach and hydrogen peroxide. Quat ammonium salts - found in many cleaners - not so much.
    T

12. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

In the UK, now 273 confirmed cases.

13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ChipG likes this.
  14. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Had asthma since birth and was adversely affected when I contracted H1N1, and now suffer sporadic uncontrollable coughing spasms. Have had numerous offers to attend Montreal but will likely air on the side of caution, ..... Would like to see the Pink Super Aguris though and if the Fezza is ‘hopefully’ sandbagging. Guess it won’t matter if that idiot is Chief Stu(por) once again.

wax likes this.
  15. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    The run was from Milan to the South, not to France or Switzerland.

16. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Funny thing: I can't go out of Lombardy, but I can go to Switzerland and from there take a flight or train. I'm almost certain that Switzerland will close its border this week.

17. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    mean while in other news about 60-70,000 people will die in the USA from flue this year!!

273 is 1% of those that have been tested, which is .03 ish % of the population! Don’t think I’m going to panic buy toilet paper yet LOL

polishhammer83 and freshmeat like this.
  18. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Yes, and those numbers are with an existing vaccine

19. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Thanks for clarifying

20. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #145 freshmeat, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    oh dear, no doubt the virus is going to spread further out. Prayers that the healthcare system in all of Italy and Europe are ready to handle a massive breakout.

Ppl are being just stupid. Ok you’ve got the virus but good for you, you escaped quarantine. You stay w family or friends and end up infecting all of them. Good job genius, now everyone is sick and oh! all resources and attention for the virus have been localized and best-equipped to help that massive quarantine area of millions that you thought was super duper smart of you to get out of. Bravo!

so dumb.

senyah and Flavio_C like this.
  21. 88porsche944

88porsche944 Rookie

Oct 25, 2006
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    F.1 is ****ed...Ferrari won't be able to send people back to the factory, and they can't leave, so sooner or later, they can't show up to races, they can't fork out new parts, etc...if one team can't show up, there will be no race, so i think this season is most likely gone with the wind (corona)

23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

9:41 BBC
    Concern at exodus from Italy's quarantined zones
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    EPACopyright: EPA
    An actor and Venice resident has told one news agency that many people fled after word got out that Lombardy and 14 other central and northern provinces were being locked down late on Saturday night.

"My cousins, my friends, they packed bags and left last night," Vincenzo Tosetti told AFP. "This is going to test the Italians' ability to behave responsibly, and I have to say that up until now they've been failing. There's been an exodus".

Television showed hundreds of travellers flowing into Milan's central station overnight to catch trains out. Under the new measures, people are not supposed to be able to enter or leave the so-called red zone, except in emergencies or for health reasons.

On Sunday, the governor of the southern Italian region of Puglia, Michele Emiliano, urged those who had left the locked down zone for their family homes in the south of Italy to turn back.

"Get off at the first train station, do not catch planes... turn your cars around, get off your buses. Do not bring the Lombard, Veneto and Emilia epidemic to Puglia," he wrote in a post on Facebook.

He said any arriving must self-isolate for 14 days.

freshmeat and Isobel like this.
  24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  25. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry