Coronavirus live update | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus live update

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Eurovision got cancelled. What a shame.

I wonder whether they'll have it in Rotterdam next year? Might make for a nice combo of Dutch GP and the show.

2. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I work with several UK football players.

Yes F1 is very different, and largely socially irrelevant.

Another socially relevant event - Glastonbury - has also been cancelled.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What do you mean by "F1 is socially irrelevant"?

Please explain.

4. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Unfortunately the West acted far too late, instead of a co ordinated shut down as China did which lasted a few weeks, I fear the west will be living through this for months with many unnecessary deaths.

375+ likes this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Masks?
    Not a single one can be purchased in Switzerland and this since several weeks. For no money in the world.
    NOBODY sells them. Zero. Somply not available.
    All have been sold out weeks ago. I have been to a dozen pharmacies in Zurich. Seriously.
    There is also a total shortage of desinfection fluid. No way to buy that anywhere in one of the wealthiest countries of the world.
    Crazy times.

Marcel Massini

Flavio_C, Nembo1777 and 375+ like this.
  6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wow!
    While the Bundesrat was stupid enough to keep the borders open, they still seem to be unable to get the goods the population needs? Double whammy.

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Tonite's news is that the Swiss Bundesrat (the 7 idiots!) has decided that with immediate effect no more than 1 (one!) package of medicine like ibuprofen or ponstan or mefenacid or similar can be purchased (fever reducers).
    They tell us that there will not be enough of these for everybody once the virus becomes stronger. This new law will last for at least six months, starting right now.
    Switzerland? The greatest joke on earth with the weakest government, ever. Bunch of xxxxx.
    Andreas: I suggest you stay where you are. Pretty sure it's nicer over there than in Switzerland.

Marcel Massini

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sheesh!
    BTW: Did you see the studies that claim ibuprofen is NOT a good medication to take against the Covid-19 symptoms? You should use paracetamol, which in the US is basically Tylenol.
    No worries, staying put here. Although this is far from perfect as well. But I don't think the US will see the same amount of supply shortages as CH.

PS: Has been a while for me, but didn't they increase the number of Bundesrat to 8 or 9?

ChipG likes this.
  9. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    I don't know borris and his clowns run them close

Nembo1777 and Igor Ound like this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    By tonite's new laws nobody in Switzerland is allowed to buy more than 1 package of Paracetamol (not even with a recipe from your doc). Yes, I am aware re Ibuprofen etc.
    No, we still have just 7 idiots (fortunately), not 8 or 9. Seven are more than enough. Nobody is leading anyway......

MM

11. vegasoul

vegasoul Rookie

Apr 26, 2016

I actually sent 1000 masks to our friends at corsa clienti and also my Ferrari broker. You can still buy them if you know the right people.

the crazy thing is that the government is telling people they don’t need to wear masks.

Let see how bad it gets...

12. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    All interesting comments, however what I do know is we all have one thing in common, regardless of race religion or leanings left or right. This virus is effecting everyone, in one way or another, and it will need for us all to pull together to beat the bastard thing.

13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    We have white trash in the west, evidently there is also yellow trash in the east. I did not insult anyone but got called an idiot...how quickly civilisation melts away...

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Seen on a French website tonight; the police beat up and arrest people in the streets in Paris because they don't respect the confinement, go out without reasonable excuse, refuse to pay the €35 fine or give their identity. Things turn ugly in supermarkets too, with brawls among shoppers.

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Which website William? Please provide a link. Also did you say you lived in France? Where what region, town?

FYI I went to the supermarket this afternoon in a small town here in Burgundy, it was very quiet, calm and civilized, there were maybe 10 shoppers and yes there was toilet paper and pasta on the shelves. Also I never saw a police car.

Meanwhile your buffoon Boris is completely lost at sea: embarassing...

stavura, Natkingcolebasket69 and 375+ like this.
  16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I can imagine this will develop in other Euro countries soon. Germany, Switzerland, you name it.

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    That is fake news don't be prey to that consult only serious media.

In France things are serene and quiet, some people have been ticketed for not having the document required to go out but that is it.

We don't beat up people here like the Chinese government using disguised Triad mafias during the Hong Kong protests to beat up legitimate protestors.

18. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Scary times ahead I fear in that regard

Just had an alert just now about some armed robbers attacking some local shops not sure if it is gospel...

19. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Check this guys take on borders ..

20. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Where, what country, link?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  21. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice to hear ..

Nembo1777 likes this.
  22. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It was on Facebook Northwest England, as I said not official.

23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well the UK, which I truly love is the country with the highest alcohol consumption anywhere in the civilized world and things get out of hand there weekends nights and during crisis, the veneer of civilisation tends to crack very easily whether posh or cockney (upper or lower class)....having lived 3 years near Silverstone in Northamptonshire during my racing years 86-89 I can confirm that so such civil unrest would not be a surprise there.

Natkingcolebasket69 and Bas like this.
  24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes for sure, however there can be good and bad everywhere.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It was on the Le Parisien page on Facebook, and I think reported on other newspapers' websites too.
    The police dished out more than 500 fines just in Paris yesterday evening, and made several arrests.
    I live in Battersea, London, but my wife has a flat in Arcachon. We use it more now since I retired. I want here to sell it and buy one in Alicante instead.
    Just yesteday, coming back from shopping in Bordeaux which is 60km away, at 13:00, there were police controls on the 3 roundabouts at the end of the motorway, provoking massive tailbacks. The gendarmes were stopping every car, and asking why people were still out after the confinement had started! Quite unnecessary, since they provoked the delay!
    When our turn came, a young gendarme started to have a go at us because we were 2 in the car; only one person is allowed out for shopping he kept shouting, and why do you do your shopping in Bordeaux and not nearer home!
    My wife took over the conversation; she is French and she is no shrinking violet, and she gave him a piece of her mind in no uncertain terms.
    That's the way the police is in France, I am afraid, heavy-handed with the public. Such a difference with the constabulary in Britain, I have to say.
    In France, the police is an instrument of state and works with brutality and violence ; in Britain the police protects the public and is respected for it.

lagunacc likes this.