Coronavirus live update | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus live update

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    So, whilst any fatality is sad, cornovirus has a morality rate of 2-4%, apparently around double normal flue!!!!

whilst not good, seems to me the press are going to town a bit; not helped by dim witted people that decide to keep people on cruise ships; which are not designed for isolation etc.

as to Australia protecting against import of asbestos; absolutely correct action. That is the law of that country. personally i would much prefer to deal with Australian border control that us; at least one deals in logic!

will be sad and interesting go see how this all unfolds in the coming days and weeks; but I hope everybody stays safe!!

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I agree I feel the press are having a field day with this, but as far as I can glean the panic has already set in, and the knock on effect with businesses is a worrying factor.empty restaurants and shops ect
    In the grand scheme of things it may not be as bad as it seems, but folk are certainly going to safe guard themselves, and maybe the streets and venues all over the place will become void and empty of folk.

A348W likes this.
  3. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Why the races need to be cancelled? Why don't they simply race with no public?

4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

An option I could see ....why not lol

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    $$$$$$

6. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Easy prediction, some excellent pre-purchased seats will be sold online at bargain prices where the races are held.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just got off a 34 hour trip from UK to Papua new Guinea via Sydney. None of the Stewardesses wore a mouth cap, and the gent next to me even offered one. The message was simple: was your hands often.

A348W and DF1 like this.
  8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Anyone seen those crazy Costco videos? sweet baby jesus...

9. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    I had plans to go to the Dutch and Spanish Grand Prix from the US and decided against it this week as I was going to buy my tickets over the weekend. Part of it is not about getting sick but concerned that some type of rule/law being enacted and not being able to get back on schedule or being quarantined for 2 weeks.

10. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I could of waved at you when you arrived/left Sydney :p

Bas likes this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The flu mortality rate is much lower. About 0.1%. https://khn.org/news/fact-check-coronavirus-homeland-security-chief-flu-mortality-rate/

12. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Normal flu is 0.1%

Currently the stats for corona are 3.4% in China and 1.8% outside of china.

Spanish flu from 100 years ago was 2-3%

A348W likes this.
  13. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I hope so for a while. I hate people. I'm flying to ParkCity Wednesday for a week and hope for an empty plane, empty slopes, and empty restaurants all to myself.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    When I come round again I'll let you know, if enough layover time can grab a pint next time:cool:

SPEEDCORE likes this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    PNG? long way from Manchester! Holiday?

Bas likes this.
  16. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Bas likes this.
  17. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The University of Connecticut has called for its students currently in Italy and South Korea to return to the US and be quarantined for 2 weeks.

I have bought 7 tickets for our family to fly from Colorado and Connecticut to spend 2 weeks in Cornwall in August. We are planning to make the trip unless we are told we cannot.

18. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Well, this is a F1 forum but... How low the Dow will go? Is it the "black swan" event that everybody was waiting?

+2200 infected in Italy... Since this virus is circulating around the world for at least a month, I was wondering what will happen to the markets when the positive cases start to pop in the US...

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Bringing the F1 circus to town cost the track around $25M
    Keeping the doors open at the track means that it needs gate receipts of more than $25M
    No people mean no door receipts.
    No receipts means the track just lost $25M
    I don't know of a single track that can blow that kind of money.

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Relocated,unsure how long....still have a project ongoing in UK but done all the work I can on it so far and now facing long delays by everyone else involved Could be a year still. Not ideal!

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #46 Ferrari 308 GTB, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Markets try to look ahead so more USA cases is already baked in .Depends on the effect of all this on profits and GDP etc around the world,not to mention how long will it go on ?

They were talking about a global recession well before this virus,so now we have the trigger it will probably happen.Even if Central Banks reduce interest rates etc.

How low can we go? From the S&P recent all time high you can expect around 50% drop ..so to around 1700. So a long way to go from today level of around 3000. Dow at 15000?

Just my take on it ,i'm not even in USA!

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    With Italy reported to have empty stands for football matches, together with school/college closures nationwide it is entirely possible that Monza will be seriously affected.

It has been suggested (Sky) that the real infection number in Italy could already be 50K-100K.

No Tifosi?

23. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Ok, but how much Liberty would loose then?

China has 80k cases. How Italy would have 50k-100k?! That's ridiculous.

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The Italian GP is in September; a lot of water would have gone under the bridge by then.

25. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    Far fetched yes, impossible no. China went into LOCKDOWN. They had drones stopping people in the street and scanning people on balconies. That level of movement restriction is unprecedented in other parts of the world.