Coronavirus live update | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus live update

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I think it's more because they're beta-testing it to make sure it can run smoothly and scale without getting overwhelmed from the outset...not sure if you're serious or just joking, but seems like a sensible approach to something like testing where there can be no margin for error.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, Blatter is no longer in charge. :cool:

polishhammer83 likes this.
  3. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    So what's happening? Not cancelled yet? There's only 5 hours to FP1.

4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

S-Korea has done the most testing -- latest mortality is 0.7%

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes true but is the Korean model then a touch abrupt given whaat you post in terms of quality. Korea appear to have a good model with current tech.

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Yes, but there are also 54 in critical condition. Some of those will die. So somewhere between 0.7 and 1.5%

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Aussie GP cancelled now...WDC based on testing times? That' elton beaten to 2 WDC's then:p

8. dinomium

dinomium Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Dino Davis
    still no official word of scuttling the event and practice slated to start in 2 hours 45 minuets. I am shocked at the lack of process being in place for this eventuality from the FIA.

9. polishhammer83

polishhammer83 Karting

Sep 30, 2012
    Echoing what I said in the race thread, no one wants to have the green blood of lost money on their hands from killing the event. So on it goes as if nothing is happening otherwise.

Sent from my Umidigi One Max using Tapatalk

dinomium likes this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Aussie GP will go ahead now, but no spectators.

Kimi and Vettel are halfway around the world on way to dubai. i think they need to charter a jet and they may be back in time for FP3 and quali, lol

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Vettel and Kimi leave Australia!

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sebastian-vettel-kimi-raikkonen/

BBC Sport have confirmed that the former Ferrari team-mates have both decided to go home in the wake of McLaren pulling out of the Australian Grand Prix due to one of their team members testing positive for coronavirus.

Since that announcement, there has been a whirlwind of conflicting information from the race being on to the race being off, but it appears it is a case of who blinks first between Formula 1, the FIA, race organisers and the Australian government into who calls off the event.

But, one thing is for sure, Kimi and Seb have gone back home.

12. dinomium

dinomium Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Dino Davis
    I would be even more angered if I held a ticket for an event that went on without the headliner! The event has to have insurance against such risks. THIS IS BANANAS!
    Who would still attend a concert if the Rolling Stones cancelled but the t shirt vendors were still open?

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is exactly what's wrong with the FIA --- too bureaucratic.

Bas and dinomium like this.
  14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    5 will get you ten they FINE both of them -- maybe even a suspension.

This race should have been called off as soon as McLaren tested positive. What the hell where they even thinking?

As I said a few days ago, Ferrari should have never even have gone given the extreme situation in the homeland.

375+, polishhammer83 and dinomium like this.
  15. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No I'am fine in that respect, my work is within the public sector, and I also play in a band every other weekend, Birthday parties pubs clubs and festivals ect.

tifosi12 likes this.
  17. dinomium

dinomium Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Dino Davis
    Saw a tweet from AMG saying they would not compete just prior to the press release. Betting the drivers were going to say no to racing under these circumstances. I can't say I blame them.
    Here in Seattle, downtown is a ghost town with restaurants closing left and right. Let's all hope somebody with some planning skills get a voice in both the FIA & the US government can start to lead!
    Please send hand sanitizer and TP

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yep. Them and F1, NEED a dictator-esque shotcaller. Always have done and always need to.

i very much respect Mclaren to have pulled out and not whinged to FIA/F1 that the race needs to be cancelled, effectively for their own self-interest. They did it based on what they thought is best for their team and well being of its members.

19. PBT58

PBT58 Karting

Jul 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Peter T
    No F1 race...
    No March Madness...
    Stock Market tanking...
    No toilet paper...
    I hate this F*cking virus!!!

tifosi12, ypsilon and polishhammer83 like this.
  20. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    NHL now canceled

21. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am amazed what is going on in the world.

The LDS church just shut down local congregations from meeting world wide. No time frame for resuming.

22. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Italy today, France/Spain/UK in a couple weeks.

Who knows US soon after.

Would have been better to ban European travel last month but with 70% of new cases currently presenting in Europe it's better than nothing.

kraftwerk likes this.
  23. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    More news from Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf:

Several sources in Formula 1 report that motorsport federation FIA is planning to suspend all events until June 1. That would mean that the races in Zandvoort, Barcelona and Monaco will also be postponed. However, it is not yet that far.

Red Bull Racing adviser Helmut Marko also expressed the expectation that the season will not start until June 7 in Baku and that the summer break in August can be used to catch up on one or more Grand Prixs.

"Very frustrating," said team boss Christian Horner, who would have liked to ride this weekend. “The situation is changing by the hour worldwide. On Thursday evening the signals at the FIA and the local health organization were still green, but a number of teams have changed their mind and did not want to drive anymore. The Grand Prix promoter had no choice and had to cancel the race. Now we have to make sure we get home safely. I think it is out of the question that we will race in Bahrain next week. ”

24. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Chase Carey was just asked the question if the season will be delayed till Baku and he said they won't address it for a few more days.

25. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    #400 lagunacc, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020

Cytokine storms in both the immune and the govs response to Corona are likely to pop the NHS and the debt bubble.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/02/here-is-what-coronavirus-does-to-the-body/
    https://infomeddnews.com/cytosorb-the-wuhan-coronavirus-and-cytokine-storm/
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30305-6/fulltext