Copart... damage 360/430's thread | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Copart... damage 360/430's thread

Discussion in '360/430' started by 4re Nut, Dec 20, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    I wonder what's up with the one unmatching modular wheel?

Must have been laying around the junk yard I guess. I'd love to see the one that goes there, looks like that corner took the hit.

2. DrDon

DrDon F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 11, 2012
    Infractionville
    Full Name:
    Armando Decredenza
    Could make a nice track day car. Looks mostly cosmetic. Unless the hit on the left rear qtr did frame or transaxle damage.

3. newtoscud

newtoscud Rookie

Jun 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    must be spare wheel. Looks smaller than other rear tire. Maybe wheel destroyed before/after accident and needed spare to be towed.

5. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    that wheel wont fit over the brake. Unless.....

6. newtoscud

newtoscud Rookie

Jun 17, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    No it was merged into the proper thread, not deleted.Merged again>

8. chefcore

chefcore Karting

May 8, 2014
    Virginia
    How do you get parts from these cars? Or is the point to just buy the entire car for parts? I am interested in 360 parts /a part car for my silver ext / blue int 360...sorry if I'm being dense.

9. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    These cars are sold whole as-is, you can not pick parts from them.

10. Alleykat

Alleykat Karting

Apr 2, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    Full Name:
    Alex
  11. Alleykat

Alleykat Karting

Apr 2, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    Full Name:
    Alex
  12. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I completely ruled out any car from there when I was looking. They all seemed too good to be true.

13. elliott95

elliott95 Rookie

Aug 24, 2015
    Paradise
    Full Name:
    Elliott
    Looking for a new project, thought i would bump this thread with a few questions in hopes of some replies from the well educated on salvage and parts cars.

I am looking to spend 15-20k (maybe more) for a project plus the repairs and cost of parts obviously. My question is can a 360 spider or F430 spider be had this cheap?

I have followed many wrecked cars until the end of the auction but i am curious to see what they are selling for said and done.

Also if anyone knows of a car of extreme high mileage and abuse i would love to restore one. Not afraid of salvage title status or condition.

Ideally looking for a huge mess, burn, car in complete pieces etc. Anything exotic as well, Lamborghini, mclaren, whatever it is i am interested.

Id like to save a car, have time and money, need a new project, yes i understand its the worst way to go about obtaining a car like this, i am in it for the ride/story not the money or investment.

Thank you very much for the advice or leads to cars, looking to buy when i return home around the first of the year.

14. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I've bought 5 360s to dismantle so far and usually come in around the $20k range once I get them shipped home. They have all been beyond trying to repair. It is really suprising how much damage gets done even from what might look like a reasonable front end hit. Seriously 360s come right apart were you dont want them to if you ever wanted to rebuild it. Several years ago I got a really good deal on a 2000 burn car for $16k with a perfect tub and clean title. I sold enough off it that I am in it for less then $0 and now I have it sitting and want to start rebuilding it someday soon. I plan to keep dismantling 360s and start keeping a few parts off each one and rebuild this car with $0 invested.

Anything 360 that might be rebuildable has been going for $30k+ and any rebuildable 430 at around $50k+ so still not a cheap endeavor.

15. elliott95

elliott95 Rookie

Aug 24, 2015
    Paradise
    Full Name:
    Elliott
    #340 elliott95, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Hey Spider, thank you very much breaking down the ranges and how hard it is to find one worth it.

Just for conversation sake take the car below, i am not into it for the only reason being its an F1, but say it was manual and higher mileage say 30k or 40k do you think the aluminum housings that the suspension bolts to are just crippled on this car?

FERR 360 SPIDER

I guess my question is, what makes the majority of them not worth it when you actually take one apart? Is it the front "sub frame" or "tub" that cost so much or what?

Other then the exterior body panels whats the $$$, labor?

So when i look at that yellow one above it looks like a decent example personally (looking for front end only). New set of wheels, front/rear bumpers and a lot of front end metal work but pretty perfect for a rebuild, no?

On a very serious note, Would you ever consider selling the car?

On another note what about a salvage car or extreme high mileage basket case ie 100k-150k. I mean a few have to exist right?? I am looking for the one sitting in the back of a shop, complete mess but rebuild able. Have you heard of cars like this? Maybe ex track car with a clean title that is wrecked... anything anyone?

16. RussoJ

RussoJ Rookie

Apr 17, 2015
    Northern CA
  17. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
  18. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    RussoJ likes this.
  19. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
  20. elliott95

elliott95 Rookie

Aug 24, 2015
    Paradise
    Full Name:
    Elliott
    Hahah, yes!! that's the one!!! Just some paint, maybe some new window seals haha

Have it running by the weekend :)

Yeah i kinda gave up looking, no one has a car for trade and i can't part with mine through a cash sale, its just too rare.

I spoke with ferrari denver and they may be able to help process a deal, but its going to take time ...

Not sure what to do....

21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    imahorse likes this.
  22. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
  23. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
  24. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Sometimes there are good deals out there. As long as the title is clean, I don't see why a little tlc couldn't make it a great car.

25. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Oh I’m sure there’s plenty of deferred main ... but a handy diy guy can do most of the work on this platform.

I’m keenly watching the bottom of the gated 360 market....., for that unloved abused pimped out rarri for an Ed bolian price.... as a basis for a singer-inspired lightwgt build.

night club cologne adds heritage
    Glitter adds mystique
    Z -caverichies add class

imahorse likes this.