Cooling Fans on 1990 Mondial T | FerrariChat

Cooling Fans on 1990 Mondial T

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by DocBasilone, Jan 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    Are the Cooling fans on the T the same as on the 348. On the 348 the left is main and right is backup? fro what Ive read the right on 348 is related to oil temp? All I know is my right fan on T is not coming on is it held in reserve for higher temps or like the 348 is it regulated by something else ?

2. Stef65

Stef65 Karting

Apr 28, 2015
    reg Antwerp Belgium
    Full Name:
    Stef
    I follow. I have a 89 Mondial-t and the right fan is not coming on. I thought it is an electrical issue because when I put 12 V on it, it runs.

DocBasilone likes this.
  3. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    My right rear fan (oil cooler) was not working when I first purchased my Mondial t. I removed the oil temp sensor that is on the oil cooler to test if it was operational, which it was not. I then installed a new temperature sensor and the oil cooler fan is now working.

Stef65 likes this.
  4. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    My Mondale t ran hot at idle when I bought it years ago. Evidently the two hoses going from the radiator to the engine were reversed at some point, according to my mechanic, causing the problem. It has run cool/normal ever since the hoses were corrected.

DocBasilone likes this.
  5. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    When my fans come on, they both come on at the same time (around 190-195F). Not sure if one runs constantly with AC though, never really checked as I have no cooling issues.

Regards,
    Jerry

DocBasilone likes this.