Coolest detail in your house/or something you've seen? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Coolest detail in your house/or something you've seen?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by prohydro, Sep 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    You house is simply amazing, you were able to make the house enough modern to blend in with the desert enviornment.

The thing that i love the most is your F430, that thing is simply beautiful.

John

2. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i love the pool, it almost looks like there is a putting green there also, it's time for me once again to reconsider my future career, lol

3. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Novelty, from what I know they don't have any affiliation with Kay's Jewelers.

4. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Damn. Media Cabinets seem to be the new way in upscale properties? Do they hide wires of the entire house?

5. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    We have a complete home automation system via Crestron. It controls our indoor and outdoor lighting, pool, HVAC, security system, security cameras, and whole house media (DVD streaming via Kaleidescape, HD Directv, 3-tuner Sirius satellite radio, etc.). And, yes, every single wire is hidden. In fact, most of the "technology" is hidden in nicely done cabinets, tucked away in closets, or inside walls. For my wife and I, it is about the experience, not the technology (although I definitely dig the technology...just don't want it on display all over the house).

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    sgcullen, that telescope is awesome. I'd love to have my own observatory one day, but I'd have to move to a place where city lights won't wash-out the stars.

I visited some friends in north FL about a year ago. They live on 700+ acres out in nowhere. It was incredible what you could see at night when the clouds were gone.

7. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    #82 frefan, Sep 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. bmwm3

bmwm3 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Laguna Hills, OC!
    Do you have anymore pictures?

9. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I have pictures I took but nothing special, I will try and dig them up. They are of us bowling and in the pool.. It was awhile ago.

10. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    When was your house built? Looks mid-50's-mid 60's to me. Very nice design to begin with and well done updating...great kitchen.

Never mind the question...I found your post with the answer...1964. I too would be interested in knowing the architect's name.

We have a 1969 builder ranch that we completely redid in '03-'04...I'll see if I can dig up a few pix to post.

11. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    What a house , what a view , what a table !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIMPLY AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats pal !!!!!!

12. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    #87 cavallo_nero, Sep 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    that is awesome! i love those old vintage games

14. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I love saltwater tanks. My dream is one day have a multi-1,000 gallon tank stock of saltwater fish (black tip sharks?). Do you maintain and stock it yourself, or do you have a company come in and handle it for you?

15. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I'm loving this thread - my business recently went under, but threads like this just re-affirm the drive and motivation for me. Sadly I don't (yet) have a house worthy of posting in this thread, but here's a couple of links to great houses I've seen on the net:

Cool London mews house:
    http://www.foxtons.co.uk/SS/chpk0034499
    I love the way this one looks like a traditional mews house from the outside, but has all the glass walkways and stuff inside.

Habital Sculpture, Denver, CO
    http://www.luxuryrealestate.com/9439
    I don't know if this house is famous/well-known in the USA, but it sure as hell should be - awesome!

Props to the good Dr Stranglove on his pool and SGcullen on everything - love th driveway and furniture - I'd always loved those grand prix wheel tables and had also seen one using an offshore powerboat propellor, but yours are so much cooler. I don't mean to be rude, but what kind of ball park figure do they retail at (I understand if you don't want to say), it's just my brother is a big plane buff and his wife is wanting to get him something unique for their 10th anniversary - we've been struggling to think of anything, but I think that maybe the ideal thing. If it helps, the budget is equivalent to about US $5,000 - would she be able to get either a turbine table or a cabinet for that (I'm guessing probably not right)?