Coolest detail in your house/or something you've seen? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Coolest detail in your house/or something you've seen?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by prohydro, Sep 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

#26 Dopplemax, Sep 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Actually neither of those! There is a foxface. purple tang, devilfish, maroon clown, fuzzy dwarf lionfish, hawknose, red scooter, six line wrasse and a lot of inverts.

DMAX
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #27 jimpo1, Sep 12, 2006
    I bought the use of the truck for an evening at my kids school auction. The Director of Mktg for Interstate has kids at my kids school.

I don't recall who designed it, but it was done by a local Dallas firm. I have the original blueprints from 1964 tucked away somewhere. I bought it because it has a Frank Lloyd Wright look to it, and I'm a huge fan of his work. It's not without it quirks, but it's a great house. The F-Chat overlord Rob Lay once said it was 'architecturally significant'. He'd had a few beers at the time. :)

Under the front porch is my wine cellar, here's an old pic:

I don't have many others photos at this computer, will see what I can find.

3. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    What's the wine on the second shelf from the top on the left, with the Ferrari label??

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've seen quite a few of these places in Robb Report. I like the beach pool thing, thats pretty awesome

5. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    hey, dr. s, invite me sometime, lol, that beach pool is amazing, it must be nice having these kind of ammenities in your houses, it's only a matter of time for me :)

6. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #31 jimpo1, Sep 12, 2006
    That was a bottle I made a few years back for Christmas presents. I bought a case of Luna de Luna Merlot, peeled off the labels, put Ferrari labels on the red bottles, then gave them to my Ferrari friends for Christmas. That's the last one. It's not great wine, but was a fun converation piece.

No more pics of the house, but here's the pool:

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Very feminine pool there (looks like a woman sitting).

You should get a Ferrari bottle from the FFQC.

8. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks. It's the guys room. ;)

9. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  10. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    You left out the front door!

11. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Beautiful home! I love contemporary arch. After the painters leave in a few days, I'll post some of ours!

DMAX

12. Mobius Entwine

Mobius Entwine Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Back in my Texas days, I did some location scouting for a TV commercial production company. I was charged with finding a location with a huge natural-rock fireplace in a house (building) large enough for the film crew, etc. Dennis Weaver was the actor in the commercial.

One house I visited was the mansion of a retired Federal Judge living in North Dallas (or north of Dallas, such as Plano, etc.). He had a room with a large fire place (large, and even large for Texas, but not "right" for the commercial). One wall had a stereo setup with the flat panel speakers (in 1985, that was super cool), another wall had display cases with photos of him and various dignitaries and Presidents. The other wall was all windows overlooking the public park playground he built for his grandkids.

Next to the display cases was a door. A door to a privy. He had a wooden two seater outhouse built into his house. The seats were up, but I didn't look down 'em. They were holes that went somewhere.

He told me that when he was a kid, he thought the coolest thing in the world would be an indoor crapper, and if he were rich someday, he would get a two-holer.

He kept his promise to his dream.

13. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    #38 sgcullen, Sep 14, 2006
    The drive up to our house is pretty stunning (IMO). It has a cool S curve suspended above split-faced sandstone columns. The driveway itself is aggragate and has a circle of inlaid slate with another circle of inlaid slate in the center. You don't see that every day (and the slate has held up amazingly well). The entire interior floors of our house are also slate, as is the back deck...so the style/colors flow from the outside in. Also, I get to park some fun toys in the driveway...which just adds to the look!

I also enjoy my office which has a 42" LCD that appears to "float" off the wall (every room in the house has at least a 42" LCD...great room has 61" DWIN plasma, whole home automation with Crestron, Kaleidescape DVD server, 3-tuner Sirius, security cameras, etc.). The best part in my office is the furniture which is 3 custom-made pieces by an artist name Giancarlo DeAstis. The desk is made from a flap off of a Fairchild AC-119K Gunship, the credenza a wing part from another airplane (not sure which), and the coffee table from a jet turbine. All one of a kind (salvaged from the aircraft boneyard here in Tucson) with riveted sheet metal, mahogany wood, and glass tops.

Steve

14. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Ok how do you do that

15. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    forget the tv, check out the turbine table to the right. looks like an old steam driven turbine. now thats cool ;)

whoops ,maybe i should read your post steve, still cool though!

16. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    Absolutely amazing home

17. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    WOW....I've always loved that kind of furniture....That table looks especially nice. For the Desk, was that made yourself or from one of those Aero-Furniture companies? I know there was a company like that who had their own show(but not for long, lol)....I'm working on a Rotary Table(end table or something of the smaller size due to the size of rotor housings, or lack there of, lol). Do you have anymore furniture like that, or is it just in your office?

18. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    You win. Wow.

But jimpo1 is a close second, I like the big glass wall!

19. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    stunning house, steve! we have a couple of friends that live in scottsdale, some beautiful homes there also. does anybody here have a woodworking room in their house? that's kind of another dream of mine....

20. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    It's just an incredibly beefy wall mount, but the way I have it angled towards my desk makes it appear to just be floating in the room.

21. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    I had it made by a guy named Giancarlo DeAstis (www.deastisdesigns.com...I think). He does furniture out of salvaged airplane parts (he was doing it way before the guys who had the TV show). I only have a desk, credenza, and coffee table.

22. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I like the aeron.

23. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    very nice steve!

24. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    just curious steve, but are you a pilot?

25. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    You have another photo of the credenza? Cool furniture....