Contacts at Auction Houses | FerrariChat

Contacts at Auction Houses

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Texas Forever, May 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Does anybody have any contacts at one or two of the auction houses that run one of Monterey auctions in August? In other words, if someone was nutty enough (I ain't gonna say who) to want to see a car at one of these auctions, who should this nutcase call?

Thx, Dale

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Jack Boxtrom at RM Auctions is a Ferrari enhusiast.

3. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    I sold my 330 GTS last year through Russo and Steele in Scottsdale and was very satisfied with them. They basically did everything that they said they would - headlined it, advertized it in all their brochures, and worked well with me... Drew Alcazar heads it up and is also a member of the local Ferrari club. While his orientation is muscle car he also sold a few decent Ferraris in Monterey last year

4. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks for the feedback. BTW, I should have said, "...sell a car" versus "...see a car."

Dale

5. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Oh man, if only... A 330 GTS is my ulimate Ferrari.

Dale

ps I'd be interested to hear what motivated you to sell it at auction versus a private sale.

6. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    The reason I sold it at auction was that I felt the amount of traffic I would see would be better. By virtue of R&S advertising its auction in Hemmings, FML and other publications the car basically got the exposure it would have had had it been in those publication on its own. My thinking was that any serious buyers would be at the Scottsdale Auctions and if they were real buyers they would show up at R&S's auction - which was the case. I probably sold it a year early, but had great enjoyment from it, rallied it a few times, won a few concours, and it was time for it to go. The car had been redone in the early 90's after it had been flipped in the Virginia Hill climb and it was now a question of how much did I want to put into it to maintain it as good as it was.

7. argtv7

argtv7 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I work at Russo and Steele, and I'm a member of this forum. If anyone here wants to get on our e-newsletter, contact me at [email protected].

We have a bunch of great Ferraris for our August 20th Monterey auction. Preview them at www.russoandsteele.com

See you guys there!

8. Ferrarispeed28

Ferrarispeed28 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    NY/AZ
    Full Name:
    Evan
    #8 Ferrarispeed28, Jul 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I work for Rand/Workman Fine Motor Auction in New York City. Our auction will talk place on September 9,10,11. To list some cars we have a 1967 Bizzarrini P-538, 1970 Ferrari Daytona GTB4, and many others. We will have a total of a around 250 Cars up for auction. Please Visit www.randworkman.com for more information and for anyone intrested in attending through Ferrarichat please use the bidder code RW04. Tickets are normailly 100.00 for the three days but this will get you in for FREE!

If you have any questions or are intrested in consigning cars please contact me. My E-mail address is [email protected] and please take a look at the cars so far listed for auction.

http://randworkman.com/featured_event/auction/listing.php?type=Automobiles&make=All

I am active member of Ferrarichat and thought this would be a good oppurtunity to invite fellow members to this fine event.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login