Consolidated: Second Run/ Hostile/Old/Young/ EC v. Hart, et. al. Discussion | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Consolidated: Second Run/ Hostile/Old/Young/ EC v. Hart, et. al. Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Hubert888, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Maybe they can answer to what they say then.

dANIEL.C
    "There all a bunch of ***s over there"

BuTtUz4eVa

"i feel like i am in a great big room full of vaginas"

TC (HouSToN)

"As Chris would say;

"Fchat is for sukkas""

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

MORNING BRAD,

FIRST OFF, DID YOU STEAL MY KEYBOARD??

2ND...I DIDNT KNOW JAMES G WAS A "******", QUOTE

3RD..I DO RESPECT YOUR SITE, AND YOU DID AN A + JOB ON IT...

THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM, AND SOME OF THE RACIST NAMES AND LANGUAGE SHOULD NOT BE HERE, SOME MEMBERS CHILDREN READ THIS FORUM, NOT APPROPRIATE (SP) FOR THEM

HAVE A NICE DAY AND HOPE TO MEET YOU ONE OF THESE DAYS

BRUCE

3. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    At the risk of improperly splitting threads, I thought it made sense to address Chris (Woodear) and any others here, about my "real beef" since we now have overlapping discussions of many of the same issues in a number of different threads.

1. What's my beef? At the risk of repeating myself, it's the insular, hostile nature of the NY Section.
    2. Am I making this up? I don't think so. Woodear and others have stated that they have little to no respect for this board- i won't delve into the reasons, or rehash why Brad started the EC group, because what happens there is not germane.
    3.Is the EC presence on F-Chat a positive thing? First, i don't want to split hairs about whether the people posting under the EC rubric here represent the 'real EC' or not. (I'll use EC to refer to Woodear, Hubbie and others with a similar view, only because they refer to themselves here as 'EC.')
    Obviously, i don't think the attitude of a bunch of people -who think that F-Chat in general, or the NY section of F-Chat in particular are lame [pick your own words, I don't care- you understand the point]- evince a hostile attitude on the New York section as a result of their beliefs, and speak almost universally in street dialect is very welcoming or is necessarily reflective of the broader array of people interested in Ferraris in our geographic area.
    Now, the answer to that may be simply: "Hey, if we are not breaking any forum rules, then it's all a matter of personal taste- don't bust our chops."
    I don't think you are breaking any forum rules but I don't think that detracts in any way from the truth of what i just said: that your overall attitude and approach on this board is hostile, not welcoming to others, and offputting to new members.
    4.Does the EC presence here reflect a minority or a majority of the section?
    Good question. Woodear may be right, and without the EC presence, there would be little activity here. But, that leads to another question, which is, if the EC does reflect a majority of participation on this section, does it then have an even higher responsibility to be open, less hostile, etc.?
    5.What's the solution? I'm not advocating a "ban" here on EC- my comments in the Silver section were under the Banning Button thread, but that discussion seemed to be the current one addressing gripes and board behavior generally, ie, not just "banning."
    And, yes i can ignore you guys, that's not difficult. But, this comes back to question 1, ie, what's my beef- and it honestly was to improve the overall atmosphere and openness of the NY forum, and get away from it being dominated by inside jokes among a clique spoken in a dialect. So, ignoring you doesn't solve that issue. Can i go to another section to get what i want? Maybe. But, that assumes all in your favor and none in mine.
    If you already have EC (the 'real EC') elsewhere because, for any number of reasons, this section is lame and does not reflect your values, then i do regard your posting here to be a form of trolling and provocation. That's why i went after Woodear's Memorial Day post; why are you posting here? According to Woodear, it's because you "can." But that doesn't answer the question. I think you post here because you see it as a form of provocation, and it's fun to get a rise out of the people here that you disdain.

If I am correct, who has the more base motive? Me, for confronting you guys about it, or you, for justifying your conduct by saying we can loiter here, and act the way we do, simply because we haven't violated a forum 'rule'?

Remember where this started. Hubbie opened a thread asking for hostile comments. Woodear came to his defense when i took Hubbie and others to task. And, i've tried, as i think Woodear has, to keep the debate/discussion/whatever on a civilized level. As to what the EC (real or fake) says about this behind the veil of their own board, I can't address that, and won't. I will say that i've been up front with you guys, and said what i think, however 'troll-like' or 'old guy' you or others may find my sentiments.

At the risk of being philosophical, i will say: can i live 5 or 10 years from now with the stuff i've said here? Yes, i think so, because by my lights it is true, and reflects an honest effort to communicate. Can each of you say the same thing about your own postings here?

4. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

I was going to reply to your thread on your board but you yanked my ID(real easy for you to do to keep your view totally one sided)

Real nice to bring these words into this board.

I used to think you were a pretty cool dude but your retaliations are very childish

5. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    This is like the old Lenny Bruce schtick- remember he was busted for public profanity, and then had a trial. Lenny used the trial transcript in his subsequent public performances. One of the elements was the issue of publicly using the word "motha****a." He was charged with a crime for that. So, in Lenny's mind, the trial recesses, and after the judges start to rise from the bench, one says to the other, "See ya later, Motha****a."
    My point is that this was considered cutting edge stuff in 1963.

6. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    let's not please bring the other forums into this discussion. we are talking about f-chat and not the other forums.

7. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

welcome home Geoff

8. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    whart, i agree with many things you say but why do you have to keep on brining in the other forum? the other forum has no basis or relevence to this discussion.

if you don't like the way these guys talk or act on this forum , there is not much you can do to stop it since they are not breaking any rules. By posting new thread after new thread stating your position against the ec crew is not going to change anything and on the contrary it wil add fuel to the existing fire.

You had asked rob to ban these guys and he apparently refused to do so. then we should move on and let things die down. i have the highest respect for Bruce and i know that he had and has his differences with woodear but they were actualy getting along nicely before your comments to woodear on the run thread.

just put them on your ignore list and life will be so much easier.

9. Cactus

Cactus Rookie

Jan 4, 2005
    Mountville, PA
    Full Name:
    Ryan Lefever
    Having lurked at both sites I am fascinated by the EC because I too like stupid things and talk stupid sometimes and mostly love cars so much that my girl sometimes can't even stand me! The best part about EC is that there are no vaginaz. Having hung out on many forums nearly every post always is littered with arguments, banter and threats and after a while it just gets old. The only thing I noticed about EC is it takes longer to be accepted if you don't drive an exotic. My .02! As you were....

10. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    My company has an on-site dry cleaner. The young Cuban girl who staffs it is absolutely gorgeous and charming! Some of my shirts have been pressed so frequently, they can stand on their own. BTW: She loves Lotus, not Ferrari :(

I'll bet Geoff's dry cleaning hostess is ravishing and probably loves Ferrari! Maybe even the 550 Model. Pics, Geoff!

11. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    titanium- just to be clear, i didn't ask for anybody to be banned.
    As to bringing up the other forum, i think i stated pretty clearly here:" won't delve into the reasons, or rehash why Brad started the EC group, because what happens there is not germane." And, " As to what the EC (real or fake) says about this behind the veil of their own board, I can't address that, and won't."
    As to why i started another thread, Woodear asked, in the Silver Section, what my real beef was, and since the topic was split among several threads (including by my actions, in posting the comments i made in the Silver Section, under the 'Ban Button' thread), i thought it was appropriate to respond in one place.

12. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Guess what whart? you just wasted your life posting that. i didn't even read it.
    as i said to you earlier, in the beginning i thought you had a point and tried to respect it, now you are nothing more than a troll, who keeps yapping about the same BS over over and over.

you hijack several threads and start new ones both here in NYTS and other sections to enforce your opinion. STFU already. put me or ec on ignore list, treat me as if i do not exsit. i am not here to run popularity contest and i do NOT need you as my audience. ok? this shiet is getting real old very quickly.

13. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    OK, fine. but, why did you have to include my name when you made your post?
    As I said to you before, if you truly want to keep BS off this section, simply don't associate with me on any level. But every once awhile you must take shots at me(including my name in a thread you are calling people out), why? Who is trying to start trouble??

14. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    i agree.
    this is getting old.

15. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    tell me, logically, what is the problem with that thread?
    someone does not like how thing is on fchat, because certain people(such as whart and etc) keep complaining and starting beef with certain other people. so they made a post to discuss it on another forum.
    if you have a forum somewhere else that you participate, feel free to start a thread on insidethec, no one would have problem with it.

16. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Tell me exactly which question of mine this answers???

17. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MY NAME IS BRUCE TO YOU, NOT BRUCY, AS YOU INCLUDED MY NAME AT YOUR POP SHOTS AND "STARTER GUN ATTACKS"

PUT ME ON IGNORE..................................

18. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Have no idea WTF you are talking about.
    Only question I asked, was WHO sent bruce those 2 PM's that he claims he received.

19. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    what exactly is the problem?
    free speech, no??

20. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    if you have a forum somewhere else that you participate, feel free to start a thread on insidethec, no one would have problem with it.""

HE CANT EINSTEIN, SOMEONE BANNED HIS USER ID #...GUESS THATS HOW EC DEFENDS THEMSELVES......

21. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I see you suffering from memory loss, maybe too old???
    I was sitting here mind myself own biz, until you put included my name when you made post about "are we being old". I only responded to you because you called me out.

22. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    will be in photo section on the other site.

23. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I love how it's 'free speech' when these guys post elsewhere, but when called to task here, they have nothing to say. I guess the problem is that if you really voiced your opinion here, directly, in response to the people here, instead of in your clubhouse, others might see you for what you really are. But, hey, it's free speech, right?

24. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I still like my idea of

water balloons at 20 paces.

25. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    to me, "free of speech" means the freedom to say what you want and express your opinion. it does not mean one must respond to every question.

i firmly believe i had voiced my opinion clear enough. you are just acting like a troll when you keep bringing up the same BS.