Considering selling my 246 GT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Considering selling my 246 GT

Discussion in '206/246' started by CarreraScott, Jul 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarreraScott

CarreraScott Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    First guy said he made a "mistake" when he chose to Buy It Now for $69,000 -- he said he would never bid more than "$45,000 for that car."

Second guy did Buy It Now for $69,000, but never contacted me, and I checked his account, and on the same day he bought mine, he also bought 33 other vehicles on ebay including Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc. Unless he just won the lottery, its obvious he is a fake...

So I relisted with NO Buy It Now....

2. CarreraScott

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Yup, I know Dave. Generally I use ebay for the contacts. I just sold my 911 thru a contact on ebay (guy picks it up Thursday). Also have a person coming Tuesday from 3 hrs away to take a look at the Dino. Is your bro-in-law interested still? I'm out of town the next 2-3 weekends, so not sure when I can make it up to DC unlesss you/he can do it mid-week. You can always hop a flight to Charlottesville (CHO) -- there are nonstops from Philly. I can pick ya up at the airport!

Scott

3. CarreraScott

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Considering a trade on the Dino, if anyone on FChat is interested, drop me an email [email protected] -- will give an excellent deal! (Much less than what I paid...).

4. Coujer

Coujer Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    Carmel, CA
    Full Name:
    Laurent C. Richard
    Wow if I had $69k I'd take that off your hand. Cause soon enough they'll be worth much more then that in the near future.

5. stratos

stratos Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Switzerland
    All this "rage" about getting rid of the car makes me think there might be something fishy about it...

6. CarreraScott

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Nothing fishy, but you're certainly welcome to get a PPI done, which I did in March/April and it was pretty much sparkling. However, it's probably a moot point as I'm going to be trading it on Saturday (probably for a car worth $69k+, so I think my asking price is right in line). I'm only offering for less because frankly I'd rather have the cash because in the past 9 months with our house renovation and new garage, I've paid well over $400k in cash. Ouch... :p

In any case, I'll be trading for another Ferrari so you'll still probably see me on FChat somewhere. :)

7. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    i think people are just struggling with the facts and the changing story which can certainly happen.

you just bought the car
    your considering selling
    you now want to sell if you get the right price but you may hold it forever
    you want to focus on one sports car - a gt2 or 3
    you buy a gt3
    you are willing to let it go for a bargin - less than you paid
    you now have a deal to trade it in for another ferrari worth more than 69k
    you will sell it for less because you want the cash

8. CarreraScott

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    Understood. And most of it is because I am a car nut, always wanting something else.

I guess I do want a ferrari, but something I can track. GT3 will be here next week. Decided to hold off on sending the car for consignment in Fla for a while, so I will have it past Saturday so the huge hurry is off. But still willing to deal. I think my asking price for $69k was a but high so am making it more reasonable.

Nothing fishy and PPI is welcome and encouraged. I am thinking of a trade because I am a car nut, not because I am a I reason well! Cash would be "smarter" -- a trade for a ferrari would quench ferrari thirst... I think the Dino is beautiful but I'm just not ready for a "collector" car -- I want something more modern.

Scott