Considering a 2012 FF... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Considering a 2012 FF...

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ArabianOak, Jun 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    plug and play as in drop it off to a solid audio shop? any doubledin will work...i went with top of line pioneer

ArabianOak likes this.
  2. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    just curious as those are normally easy to do yourself. Thanks! McLaren you could not do that.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    oh no way, not me atleast.

4. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    Deal is DONE! Picked her up today...she acted a little odd during the test drive (warning lights going on and off), so they put in a new battery at the local ferrari dealer and that straightened everything out.

I have 2 keys, the trickle charger and owners manuals...BUT, I cannot seem to find how I can program the homelink for my garage door. Can anyone help? lol. pics soon...

5. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    Funny, I had the same problem with the Home Link and I gave up lol. If you figure it out I’ll be following

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Congrats!!!

8. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Congrats! Use the trickle.... I couldn't fig out the garage door homelink either?

9. Leon Redensky

Leon Redensky Rookie

Jul 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nototrader
    Homelink pretty standard. Turn on the car. Or maybe just the power. I don’t remember. Hold the two outside buttons of homelink for like 10 seconds until the blinking changes to fast if I recall. That resets everything. Then hold the desired homelink button and the remote button close to it for like 5 seconds. Blinking should change. Then go to garage motor and press the square learn button and then within 30 seconds, press the same home link button for a few seconds and boom. Done.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

But it’s a Ferrari- it’s never that easy

timjen88 and LeoBRK like this.
  11. Leon Redensky

Leon Redensky Rookie

Jul 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nototrader
    Agree. I did this with my FF off of memory. Somehow it worked. Not Ferrari tech.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I did homelink last week. It took about 20 seconds for light to start flashing. Made the mistake of starting with the garage door open. I also have a 14 foot high garage and standing on ladder and reaching up and pushing learn button in 30 seconds was a challenge

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    haha! thanks! I will try the homelink this morning! Couple of additional questions.

1. I am getting an intermittent TPS sensor failure. It comes on, turns off, stays off awhile, comes on...is this a common issue or is one of my tps sensors going bad?

2. The rpm/speedo gauge on the passenger side was working fine the day I bought the car but yesterday I could not get the display button to change the settings for it. I press the button down and nothing happens. I hold it down and nothing happens. It feels pretty stiff..is this a common issue? Any advice?

3. Where is the best place to get the car tuned? It looks like these cars gain around 50-85HP with just a tune and drop in filters. Any vendors on here anyone can rec'd? How about Forza in Tampa Bay or Fabspeed?

4. Drivers side belt assist is literally missing...haha. I noticed it on the test drive, but the assist piece looks like someone either took it off or it broke off. Common issue?

And of course....a few pics! Really loving the car so far! Dam v12 is incredible.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    1. I am getting an intermittent TPS sensor failure. It comes on, turns off, stays off awhile, comes on...is this a common issue or is one of my tps sensors going bad? Could be a bad sensor, but set tire pressures while cold then re-calibrate TPMS, that may clear it up.

2. The rpm/speedo gauge on the passenger side was working fine the day I bought the car but yesterday I could not get the display button to change the settings for it. I press the button down and nothing happens. I hold it down and nothing happens. It feels pretty stiff..is this a common issue? Any advice? I have to press mine rather firmly to get it to change.

3. Where is the best place to get the car tuned? It looks like these cars gain around 50-85HP with just a tune and drop in filters. Any vendors on here anyone can rec'd? How about Forza in Tampa Bay or Fabspeed? I looked in to this a little, ~50 HP for some big bucks it seemed so I didn't pursue further. I'll be curious to hear what you decide to do here.

4. Drivers side belt assist is literally missing...haha. I noticed it on the test drive, but the assist piece looks like someone either took it off or it broke off. Common issue? Like, the arm itself is missing?1?!? Or, are you referring to the chrome trim piece that is on the end of the arm? That one I know likes to fall off.

And of course....a few pics! Really loving the car so far! Dam v12 is incredible.

Congratulations, enjoy, beautiful and seductive!

15. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    The arm and trim are missing. It’s just a hole. Lol. I’ll take pics. One more question...

how the hell do you put this car into park?? I read the manual and it makes no sense.

16. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    Bruh if the arm is missing I would definitely revisit that with the selling dealer right away. That can't be cheap to replace...

You don't put the car in "park". You turn the car off while in gear (1 or R, doesn't matter) and it automatically goes to "P". If you turn the car off when it is in neutral, you will trigger Car Wash Mode and it will take a few seconds to then switch to park and let go of the key (if you did want Car Wash mode, you'd turn the key off while in neutral, then turn the key right back on and the car will stay in neutral and be roll-able).

17. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    Got it. But how do I put it in park while it’s running? Like I stop, wanna keep it running and get out the car because my wife forget her phone, her sunglasses, her purse etc etc etc. Lololol.

18. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    #69 Darkshear, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    After coming to a stop, you place the car in to neutral then pull the parking brake lever. The car will show "Hold" on the screen. If you release your seat belt or open the driver's door, you'll then see "Hold" go away and the "Park" parking brake indicator come on. "Hold" just squeezes the brakes for you in sort of a "ready to take off" position. Whereas "Park" actually engages the electric parking brake. THe car will remain in neutral during all of this. "P" gear indicator only comes on when you turn the car off.

ArabianOak likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

As far as the tune Novitec and Eurocharged do it. It’s not cheap.
    I did mine because I also did a full exhaust; with the all thing the car pushes like 710Hp, not that it needs it. The tune makes the car a bit more raw but it’s really the all thing that improves the car.

ArabianOak likes this.
  20. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    nice. Did you do any before and after testing? 0-60 or 1/4? Curious if it made it noticeably faster.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

U are talking about .1 or .2 of a second this is what Novitec claims. It’s more the overall responsiveness of the car , throttle response, exhaust blurping etc that come into play. Is it faster? Yes but couldn’t use the full power stock anyways on twisties.
    What I had done for instance is in sports have the valve open earlier so I don’t have to deal with buying a remote to open the valves for instance. Little things;)

ArabianOak likes this.
  22. ArabianOak

ArabianOak Karting

Jun 17, 2020
    Saint Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Abraham
    One more question...

is there an adapter to the Ferrari trickle charger so I can connect direct to the round port in trunk? Or do I need to pull the cover off every time?

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Cover everytime to my knowledge

24. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    There is a retrofit that moves the connector. Mine is located on the outside of that cover now. Previous owner had the dealer do it, I don't know much about details, but I did see a retrofit kit listed on the service record, but no part number: