Connecticut meet | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Connecticut meet

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Jun 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It'd be nice to do it at a time not during peak hours where there'd be less traffic. Nothing ruins a great drive like some slowpoke in a minivan!

2. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #102 Saint Bastage, Jul 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
    I can promise no traffic on the circuit in most area's. Its about as rural as Connecticut gets. The beach part is a differant story. It's getting here from Rye thats the biggest problem.

Whats your vote?

3. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I will assume you guys are waiting for the date to get closer before casting your votes.

4. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Who's going to Limerock Saturday???

You will find me against the fence just under "the club" and above the pit entrance road. (if I'm not walking around). I think I'll wear my white "Ricambi" hat.

Stop by and say hello. Its just me and my son for now.

5. life@8500

life@8500 Karting

Feb 22, 2005
    Milford,CT
    Full Name:
    C Ryan Ramotar
    #105 life@8500, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
    here are the epicurean delights of "the breakfast and lunch corner" in milford. usually very busy on weekends but there seating outside with possibility of parking cars within eyesight.

crepes stuffed with fresh crabmeat & bacon. scrambled eggs toppe with creamy lobster sauce

jambalya with andouille sausage shrimp & fresh crabmeat. served with scrambled eggs layered in crisp flatbread

Tasso(smoky spiced pork) with bacon, cheddar, eggs and tomatos wrapped in flour tortilla

straberry and banana stuffed french toast

garlic herb flatbread stuffed with fresh crab, fresh sauteed spinach, scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese.

russian breakfast- poached eegs over smoked salmonwith cream cheese on an english muffin topped with creamy vegetable sauce

flaky french flatbread stuffed with fresh sauteed spinach, caramelized onions, scrambled eggs, gouda cheese topped with hollandaise sauce.

pecan crusted poached pear served in with french toast and banana maple syrup

carribean beef empanada with black beans tomatoes onions peppers and cheddar cheese served over scrambled eggs topped with hollandaise sauce.

poached eggs over corned beef, sweet potato hash

fresh crabmeat quesadilla with scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese and onions.

6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  7. ejc0930

ejc0930 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Ethan Clark
    If you guys are still looking for somewhere to meet up in the mornings feel free to come to the Terra Mar at Saybrook Point Inn. Safe parking, good food, etc. Plus then even if I am working I can admire ;)

8. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Appreciate the offer Dennis. Attleboro is about 1.5 hours for me. I hate that much highway driving (no fun) and back roads take much longer.

9. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Saybrook Point is on our cruise route. We can try to make it a watering hole. Thanks for the offer Ethan.

10. ejc0930

ejc0930 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Ethan Clark
    Good to hear.

11. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #111 Saint Bastage, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Connecticut cruise

Time to get serious...I need some feel for who is "in". I understand weather is an issue and we will put that aside. Bad weather = no participants.

Plan is to gather at (the red dot on the map) Oliver's Tavern, 85 Westbrook Road (route 153), Centerbrook CT. around 9:00AM, Finalize the route, disseminate maps, and move out.

Some other idea's have been discussed like shopping for the ladies, lunch, hooking up with Essex Steam Train, or 9 holes at Fenwick. There has been zero interest so I'm bagging those idea's unless I hear differantly now. No point in planning if knowone wants to do it.

Who's in????

Here is a repost of the proposed route.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. BJTyler747

BJTyler747 Rookie

Jun 28, 2008
    Greenwich, CT
    Which day were you thinking? 7/19 or 7/20 ??

13. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Ohh yea.....duuuh.....Saturday the 19th

14. BJTyler747

BJTyler747 Rookie

Jun 28, 2008
    Greenwich, CT
    Count me in!

15. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    For those not aware, next Saturday (25th) is the FCA meet in Limerock. It is one of those few days where you can meet up with a vast cross section of Ferraristi, see some absolutely amazing cars, and NOT feel like a concours tourist. It's one of the "must do" events on my calendar every year. I suggest we round up the local contingent and make a day of it.

Here's some info
    http://www.empirestateregion.com/clubevents.htm

16. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Edit...The 26th

17. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    what time on Sat?? I'll be there with one of my rides, not sure which yet...

18. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I go through Bristol...I'll let you know.

19. masslaw

masslaw Karting

Sep 4, 2007
    MA
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    I'm interested in the ride to Limerock; will be watching this thread for details. Someone do an "anti-rain" dance!