Connecticut meet | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Connecticut meet

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Jun 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I could be in but not with the 348. Washing it after a rain drive is painstaking hassle. I need to hear someone else say yes.

2. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    raining here the next town over
    I'll keep an eye on the thread, but for now I will stay put. I also do not have the cars you guys do and mine is dirty already. If it is a no--Lane let's figure out a route for a drive the next time.

3. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Joe said something about starbucks, rt 3, Rocky Hill on Sunday's. You guys want to interupt his quiet morning tommorrow?

4. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    ok we could do that instead
    Lane enjoy your day

5. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    what is this F40 event you are all talking about?

6. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #81 Saint Bastage, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
    A semi regular meeting of Fcar enthusiasts. F40 is our present clubhouse.

7. ejc0930

ejc0930 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Ethan Clark
    A little relieved it got called off today as I got called into work. Ill be watching for updates.

8. SlickMurphy

SlickMurphy Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Essex
    Full Name:
    David
    Anyone doing the Starbucks thing in Rocky Hill? Lane, let me know if your free tomorrow, maybe we'll do a quick drive.

David

9. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #84 Joe_CT, Jul 5, 2008
    Probably not going to be at Starbucks tomorrow unfortunately. I got the car washed on Friday in hopes of making it to F40 today. After seeing everyone backing out this morning, and seeing the not so nice forcast for tomorrow, I put the cover on and put her up on the lift until next weekend.

I'll offer up my house if anyone is interested in getting together one weekend afternoon. It's never fancy around my place, usually just burgers, dogs, and beer, but I've got the pool to hang around and jump into if it gets too hot. I couldn't do next weekend as the in-laws are coming into town, but if anyone is interested, lets start putting some dates on the table other than next week. This might be a good opportunity to get together and map out a "course."

If we get some traction on this and settle on a date, I'll PM my address to the folks who want to attend (I want to keep my addesss out of the public domain... I get enough unwanted attention).

10. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #85 Saint Bastage, Jul 5, 2008
    This weather pattern we're in pretty much SUCKS. I'll try a last minute thing but otherwise ehhh Next weekend is ALMS at Limerock and the following is FCA at Limerock. not yet sure of my specific plans

11. SlickMurphy

SlickMurphy Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Essex
    Full Name:
    David
    Joe,

I know that Peter from F40 is booked next weekend, so if your free let's all work on a date and time.

David

12. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Next weekend is the only one that does not work for me. That would leave the weekends of 7/19-7/20 or 7/26-727 in July.

13. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Tell me about the weather, I got blasted by an absolute downpour in the convertible a few days ago...we're talking puddles in the kids car seats and on the floors. I'm hoping to head up to Lime Rock either Fri or Sat, not sure if the 355 will be running by then...

14. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #89 Saint Bastage, Jul 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK guys...here's a proposed route. I just drove it and found it should satisfy everyone. Some great twisties, some quaint towns, a few possible stops for nibbles, deep woods, rural roads, and beach scene. It totals 60 miles start to finish. Present start and stop is Olivers Tavern in Centerbrook, A driver, 3 wood, and a wedge from my house.

Comments???

David...I tried to call.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'm in. Let me know the date you were thinking.

16. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is it too late for me to hop in...? :)

17. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    We have not set a date yet and ALL are welcome. This will be the first of (hopefully) many cruises organized by us local Central CT guys.

18. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #93 Saint Bastage, Jul 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008

...the above is screwed up. FCA is in Limerock on the 25th. That leaves the weekend of 19 - 20 available. As always this will be weather permitting. I suggest we start at Olivers Tavern at noon or 1:00, discuss the route, make last minute adjustments, plan stretch stops (allowing more scenic drivers to catch up) and communications instructions (Cell phone list for those that wander off course).

Any other idea's to make it a spectacular day?

Jay...Your car better be ready by then. (J/K)

19. dipstick1

dipstick1 Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter Lombardo
    I am going to Toronto for the FCA national july 9-13, should be around for the the 19th- 20th, then its off to Limerock for the 25th and 26th for a FCA empire region track event.

20. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #95 Saint Bastage, Jul 6, 2008
    For those that must consider the Female side, its easiler to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Failing that...We have Saybrook's Main st, Westbrook outlets, and Clinton outlets for shopping. I suppose I could try to coax Mrs Bastage into load up her Yukon with fellow shoppers. FYI Clinton outlet has a Puma store (Ferrari stuff)

21. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I am avaialble the weekend of the 19/20, but afternoon starts for me would be tough for me. The earlier the start the better for me... don't know about the rest of the crew. There doesn't ever seem to be a weekend where I can kill a whole afternoon. Getting the F-car out is kind of like golf, tee off early and be back for afternoon committments.

22. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #97 Saint Bastage, Jul 6, 2008
    My only concern about an earlier cruise is...joggers... Some of these roads are waaay to much fun for, well, just to much fun. Other than that, what the hay...how about a 8 or 9 start? End up with lunch at Olivers. Concencus rules apply, cast your votes early and often.

3 possible votes: Early, Late, Don't care

Joe is Early
    I'm, Don't care

23. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    2 issues to sort out, I'm really pressing for running by this Thurs so I can take her to Lime Rock for the ALMS on Fri. Anyone else going? If no 355 I'll take the STi...

24. BJTyler747

BJTyler747 Rookie

Jun 28, 2008
    Greenwich, CT
    This sounds like alot of fun. My preference would be for Saturday the 19th.

25. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    That post about my wife taking women shopping was pretty much a failed attempt to make a full day of the festivities. Reality....and I quote "No Way". She's such a team player. Oh Well...we're looking at a half day anyway.