Concorso Ferrari & Friends 2012 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Concorso Ferrari & Friends 2012

Discussion in 'New England' started by cove26, Feb 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey guys, it's getting closer! Mark your calendars for July 1st from 11-3 on LaSalle Rd. in West Hartford. For those that plan on showing your cars, please get your registrations in as soon as possible!

We have some great cars already registered so you're not going to want to miss this show!

2. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Is the only way to register still to print out a paper, fill it in and mail it? stamps? what are those? :D

3. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You can fill it out scan it and email it to [email protected].

Get it in soon !

4. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Thanks, it's sent in!

5. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #30 Peter K., Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We have real nice weather leading up to Sunday. Keep fingers crossed.....however it is rain or shine.
    2 interesting cars that I've arrange to show up and hopefully they are able tomake the trip from western NJ:
    Wil and Sandy Degroot from Exoticars-USA are very interested in checking out our show.
    www.exoticars-usa.com
    1) is a Supercharged 308 race ready street car.
    2)A Maserati powered handbuilt car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I've followed Wil's 308 around the track, and it is a HOOT to see in action. Sorry I'll miss the big event this weekend (will be on a cruise), but have fun all!

vty,

--Dennis

7. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Some great cars coming Sunday, your not going to want to miss it!

8. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey everyone! We are super excited to attend and meet everyone!!

9. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    #34 DadsFerrari, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    so cars arrive by 9am, and the parade is before or after the show?? I hope to see it all, if I can get down in time from way up north

10. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The show starts officially at 11. Display cars show up around 9:00-10. The parade will leave LaSalle Rd at about 10:15-10:30 and gets back at the show about 11:15, so right at the start of the how is the parade. The best time to get there would be by 11:00!

There are 100 registered cars as of yesterday with more to come in the next 2 days and day of the event! This is shaping up to be the biggest yet!

11. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    I'll be there as a spectator.

12. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm looking forward to it as a participant.

I test drove a Lamborghini LP560-4 at Miller this week out of curiosity. It had its merits but for me it is Ferrari all the way :D

13. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Frank you'd look good a LP700-4:)

14. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The car is gorgeous but after I drove it I could not justify trading in my 2006 430 (10K miles) plus cash for it.

It has the expected hi rev start but then the idle settled into a fairly quiet rumble that should be louder in my opinion. Inside the cabin is more cocoon like and has a more spaceship / fighter jet closed in feeling than the 430. That windshield looks like it goes on forever and you don't see any of the hood / nose. It felt like a lengthy enough test drive and did have some twisties but couldn't really open it up at too much. I only got up to 5K rpm or so. That being said, I did not like the engine notes as much as my 430. I may be wrong but my impression was that the inside of the car seemed more insulated from the engine sounds than the Ferrari. My 430 is a 6 speed manual and this was an eGear car - I don't like paddles although I know thats where all these cars are going.

I am really glad I had the chance to drive a Gallardo but the bottom line for me is that there is no way on earth I would trade in my car and 40-50K for it. BTW, the Gallardo in question was a 2009 with 1400 miles white on black - it sold two days after I looked at it.

15. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Hoping for a great turnout.

16. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Astonishing! Thanks everyone for coming. Thank you so much.

Amazing amount of spectators. Possibly 10,000 people passed through!
    Just incredible.

17. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    #42 mulo rampante, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. mulo rampante

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
  19. mulo rampante

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    What was the total count of cars on exhibit? BTW, it was nice to see the number of cars that remained through the last 1/2 hour.

20. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    My hats off to the concorso comitee and all of the volunteers.
    This was an amazing day!

21. cornercompacts

cornercompacts Karting
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2005
    CT
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    What a great day...what a great event!

pics to follow soon

22. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks everyone for coming out and supporting the event and charities! This was the biggest turn out to date by far! It was difficult to get a very accurate count but 8000-10000 spectators easily in attendance. Preliminary number of cars is 130 but we won't have the exact number until tomorrow, but I will let everyone know when we have the numbers. We had some amazing vehicles come out this year to support the event.

From what I understand, La Bella Machina had about 100 cars. So to have more vehicles than La Bella really shows the caliber of show that we are developing year after year. So thank you again everyone for supporting the event. The committee did an amazing job as well which really get this event to the level it is at!

Mike

23. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    Fantastic time, Took the drive down from Providence all back roads in my Subaru was fantastic. Left right as the clouds opened, I could tell everyone around was having a fantastic time looking at several million in cars.

Check out my Facebook page for pictures:
    http://www.facebook.com/CaseyBphoto

24. mulo rampante

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Patch article mentioning winners and a photo gallery including some cars we know very well:

http://westhartford.patch.com/articles/winners-named-in-ferrari-and-friends-concorso-event

Local NBC piece featuring interview with cove26 (well done Mike!):

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/the-scene/events/160847535.html

Announcement in the Hartford Courant a few days ago:

http://articles.courant.com/2012-06-27/community/hc-west-hartford-ferrari-0627-20120627_1_ferrari-italian-sports-cars-west-hartford-center

(and earlier)

http://articles.courant.com/2012-06-22/community/hc-italian-sports-cars-will-be-on-display-july-1-20120622_1_car-show-foundation-farmington-avenue

And, of course, google image searches and youtube are beginning to yield results.

25. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey everyone I wanted to chime in here and really thank you all for an absolutely amazing show and great time. My brother and I drove up from Atlanta on Thursday and attended La Belle Macchina which was really wonderful. I've not seen a show as big as the Hartford Concorso. It was AMAZING!! So many Ferraris, rare cars, great looking woman, great weather, great food. We just had a blast! THANK YOU THANK YOU!! We will be back next year and every year. I could only dream of a show this awesome here in Atlanta.