Compatible Scuderia Shields | FerrariChat

Compatible Scuderia Shields

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by sandman03456, Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    mclaren slr and otakki like this.
  2. sandman03456

Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Can anyone identify the upper of the two shields? The bottom one is from a Lusso, but I believe the top one is from an FF. Can anyone confirm the identity of the top Scuderia shield?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Gosh, you'd think a car maker nowadays will try to simplify and minimize cost by having the same spec for identical items that are used across all its models.

Never mind, maybe they are different sizes.

4. Jljr

Jljr Rookie

Feb 25, 2018
    Miami Beach
    From these pictures it appears that the enameled shields are 4”x3” in size. Does anyone know the dimensions of the larger painted shields for comparison?

5. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Are those screws/push clips holding them on, or just alignment pins? I’m interested in how best to remove the Lusso shield.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. sandman03456

Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
  7. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thank you, this really helps, thank you!

I might know the answer to this, but do you need to access them from the backside to remove them?

8. sandman03456

Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I was able to remove them from the outside with success, but this is the advice I was given originally once I had removed the wheel well liner and discovered what I was dealing with. I have also included a photo of the layers of tape I used to protect the painted surface while removing them from the outside as discussed in the referenced post.

"Joe, I have never removed a front emblem from a GTC4 Lusso, so I don't know what is required to gain access to the screw. You may need to remove the entire front bumper to gain access to it. While that sounds like a lot of work, Ferrari makes is fairly easy to remove the front bumper, as it is required in order to gain access to many of the parts/systems at the front of the car. You might see if there is another way to get to the screw.
    The shields on the fenders are held in place by the three metal male pins that snap into the female clips that are riveted to the fenders. You can lubricate the pins/clips with spray grease (Wurth HHS-K or HHS Plus, Winzer Polylube 250 or 255) from the inside. You will then have to either pry on the outside of the shields or push on the ends of the male pins from the inside, or a combination of both. If you pry from the outside, protect the paint with layers of masking tape and use a good/thin plastic pry tool (there are many inexpensive sets of plastic automotive trim pry tools on the internet or at Harbor Freight). Make sure that the replacement shields have the same mounting system.

Regards,
    Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

shifter likes this.
  9. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This is an very helpful response, I appreciate it. Thank you.

10. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It’s fender contour that results in different badges.